Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Interesting thread. I missed it the first time around.

I've always believed but you always wonder. I wondered and one day I asked my Dad what he thought about heaven and hell and he said:

"I was like you. I wondered if any of this is true until I went and sat with my Ma in the hospital while we waited for her brother to die"

Dad's uncle had been in a coma for weeks and it was time for him to go.

I asked "what happened?" and my Dad said that all of a sudden his uncle (who hadn't moved) sat straight up in bed with his arms raised in the air and shouted "MAMA!!!"

Then he peacefully laid down and passed away.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This woman thinks her personal anecdotal experience trumps everyone else's? Typical of those on the left.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I thought this was a. ".270s only" thread.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Man, I forgot what a nutjob Eyeball is.

I forgot the amount of laughs he brought.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
This woman thinks her personal anecdotal experience trumps everyone else's? Typical of those on the left.

It's postmodernism where the only truth is what one decides is true for them based on how they feel.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
There sure are some nutjobs on 24 hour thats for damn sure.....

I suspect Doc's purpose is not to convince or change folks, but to simply relay what he has seen along with some others.

interpret it how you will.

And if you disagree, thats cool and just like the rest of the threads, move along.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
My mom's brother and a great aunt both died in 1998, both from different types of cancer. Both were very religious and very good people.

The day my aunt died, my mother and cousin and his wife were in the room with my aunt. She woke up and said "oh look at all the beautiful people in here!", and like I said there were only 3 visible people in the room. Later she asked to sit in a chair and died singing hymns.

My uncle went through all the chemo treatments and never once threw up or even got sick. When Hospice was called, they checked him into the hospital. The nurses had to ask my mother questions as he wasn't married. The nurse asked what meds he was on for pain and when my mother replied nothing she couldn't believe it. Right before he died my mom said he opened his eyes and was laughing saying " it's soo beautiful!"

There is a Heaven and hell in my humble opinion.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Watched a Nat Geo show the other day called “Return from the Dead.”
Every near-death experience has been easily repeated in the lab.
Name any NDE sensation and they have done it by tricking the brain into partially shutting down.
The show is scheduled to repeat Sunday morning.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
When my Mom passed she was seeing all manner of folks, that no one else could see for about 4 days, while in the hospital and her first, and last, night in a beautiful hospice suite.

The hospice representative remarked , "it won't be long now" when I mentioned her unseen visitors. It seems it's common for many. Just before I left her hospice room around 10, for what would be her last night, she pointed and winked to a little girl I could not see. When they called me at 5ish the next morning to say she had passed, I went right over and found her with the most peaceful beautiful smile on her face with both of her hands under her head.

Of course, I wished I had spent that night with her as I had the previous several in the hospital, but seeing her the way she left this world, told me she was at perfect peace and that was the greatest gift she ever gave me.

Certainly,both Heaven and Hell are real and they will become the most impactful reality to all. They are also forever. Choose wisely.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My critique of Doc's original post would be that clearly, a sudden arrhythmia of the type he describes puts the brain into some kinda SOMETHING; as evidenced by his statement that there's 7 seconds of oxygen (I.E., consciousness) that is going unused so to speak.

A brain experiencing a seizure or whatever it is that's happening there is not a reliable witness. Clearly, this isn't "death". It's a loss of consciousness precipitated by a massive nervous system jolt. Which sounds unpleasant as HELL, which could certainly explain why some experience, well, HELL.

Or not. I try to keep an open mind. But I don't see what Doc posted as "truth" per se; I do see strong indications of it affirming previously held beliefs that the good doctor had.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I do see strong indications of it affirming previously held beliefs that the good doctor had.

I see the same in you.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Watched a Nat Geo show the other day called “Return from the Dead.”
Every near-death experience has been easily repeated in the lab.
Name any NDE sensation and they have done it by tricking the brain into partially shutting down.
The show is scheduled to repeat Sunday morning.

EXCEPT for the NDE of kids. Kids that don't know, have never seen, know no names, etc....

But for those that don't believe there are plenty of other threads going on......

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bristoe, could you explain that?

I'm saying that clearly the brain isn't "dying" in the cases Doc relates; it's instead going into a state of some sort. A seizure or similar.

That's not really an affirmation of my beliefs; it's more a statement of physical reality... no?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm a believer in heaven and hell but I'm real skeptical of all the near death stuff. It doesn't seem scriptural, and I think there is tremendous possibility for spiritual deceit.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
My critique of Doc's original post would be that clearly, a sudden arrhythmia of the type he describes puts the brain into some kinda SOMETHING; as evidenced by his statement that there's 7 seconds of oxygen (I.E., consciousness) that is going unused so to speak.

A brain experiencing a seizure or whatever it is that's happening there is not a reliable witness. Clearly, this isn't "death". It's a loss of consciousness precipitated by a massive nervous system jolt. Which sounds unpleasant as HELL, which could certainly explain why some experience, well, HELL.

Or not. I try to keep an open mind. But I don't see what Doc posted as "truth" per se; I do see strong indications of it affirming previously held beliefs that the good doctor had.

What I can say. I have not seen as many pass as Doc.

I feel in my line, I've seen more than most pass. In fact quite a dang few.

the quote of why SOME experience hell... that experience seems RARE. VERY RARE. I figured I'd never see it. I've talked to other doctors about it ,they agree its VERY rare.

I can understand the skepticism about the good NDE from most adults, but I'd bet cash, and lots of it, that if the jolt produces a bad feeling, it must do it well under 1% of the time...

But then some feel democrats don't want your guns either?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I'm saying that clearly the brain isn't "dying" in the cases Doc relates; it's instead going into a state of some sort. A seizure or similar.

That's not really an affirmation of my beliefs; it's more a statement of physical reality... no?

Clinically, damage starts at ... 5-6 minutes deprivation IIRC. I have been in on revivals that were out longer than that for sure, and the brain certainly has been dying.

Hell to be precise once you start to loose blood or oxygen, you are dying. You may not DIE, but you certainly are headed that way..

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I'm a believer in heaven and hell but I'm real skeptical of all the near death stuff. It doesn't seem scriptural, and I think there is tremendous possibility for spiritual deceit.

Think about all the crazy things you've dreamed about. Consider how something as simple as cold medicine, the wrong vitamins, or what someone watched on TV before bed can mess with their dreams....then extrapolate what almost dying could do to one's brain state.....

Our reasons may be different, but I don't grant any revelatory power to near death experiences either.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

You said Doc has preconceived ideas,...you have preconceived ideas.

As for Physical reality,..you didn't give any scientific explanation of physical reality.

You just kind of stammered around saying, "Well,...this happened,..then that happened,..and then the other thing happened because of something,..but basically it just sounds like Doc has some preconceived ideas."

You've got an opinion,...that's all.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Of course, having said what I said, I know of someone who right before she died woke up and spoke very clearly of her unborn grandson and having already met him. Maybe not that unusual except that her daughter hadn't told anyone she was pregnant yet and the dying old lady had Alzheimer's and had been out of it for years.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe

You said Doc has preconceived ideas,...you have preconceived ideas.

As for Physical reality,..you didn't give any scientific explanation of physical reality.

You just kind of stammered around saying, "Well,...this happened,..then that happened,..and then the other thing happened because of something,..but basically it just sounds like Doc has some preconceived ideas."

You've got an opinion,...that's all.

Don't forget that Doc himself said there's 7 seconds of consciousness (oxygen) in the brain if the heart stops. That's the physical reality I'm talking about. Physically, someone who goes into arrhythmia then is shocked back to a normal sinus rhythm mere seconds later- again, as stated by Doc in his OP- that person did not die. They may have experienced something, but death it was not, at least in terms of the physical realities that Doc himself outlines.

I don't deny the possibility of heaven and hell. But what a brain experiences during a time that all hell is breaking loose in the autonomous nervous system, AND their brain goes into some sort of "state" that clearly not physical death, is hardly proof.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (260madman, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 59 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,500
Posts18,509,196
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.