Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Obama was right one time for sure. The United States is no longer a Christian nation. Makes many Campfire members happy to know this. Wonder why? Likely we won't have to wonder long.GW

I guess we shouldn't be surprised. Check out the convenience store culture that we have today. The Campfire is just a reflection of that.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Obama was right one time for sure. The United States is no longer a Christian nation. Makes many Campfire members happy to know this. Wonder why? Likely we won't have to wonder long.GW

"Christians" don't do themselves any favors by questioning and condemning the faith of others. People just get tired of the holier than thou attitude, they hate having their personal faith attacked if they don't vote for the candidate that has the backing of the holier than thou hypocrites. It's sour grapes from someone that got knocked off their pious pedestal and it serves no purpose. We have to focus on beating Hilary.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by jorgeI
A. I did not call you a whiner
B. One can teach ALL the values you speak of without religion.
C. Why should I fear God?

With all due respect, no you can't. Without a lawgiver all moral judgments are ultimately subjective.

Your "lawgiver" only exists in your mind

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For 'Christians' to come across as such a down-trodden and defeated bunch, especially over something like politics, sure as heck isn't very attractive to other folks...and it sure as heck doesn't attract other folks to the faith that these particular 'Christians' claim to be so dominant in their lives. Fixing ones eyes on politics, political leaders, or government isn't likely as sound for those professing to be 'Christians' as is fixing ones eyes on the foundation of their faith. Are they modeling for anybody that 'God is in control'...? Are they modeling for anybody Jesus' words of "Fear Not"...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am only going to take one day to be pissed off about this tomorrow is a new day, so I am not going to comment on this thread after this.

look Some would say why come on and piss in everyone's cheerios.

I love this country, do any of you knuckle heads realize how much you owe to the sacrifices so many have made for this nation? Just about all of us have a warm home to come home to, lights to turn on, food in the kitchen, gas in our cars, so many magnificent things. Just about all of it was invited in america, Just about all of it was a result of people being free, people being able to do what they wanted with their property, You owe the very circumstances you live in at this very moment because of the amazing country that our founders created. Without which who the hell knows what our lives would be but I can guarantee you one thing it would not be anywhere near what it is now. Stop and think about that just for a second. George Washington, Ben Franklin, John locke, What these men put into motion we owe and incredible debt of gratitude to for what they created. For all you athiest's out there I believe our nation was inspired by god. I believe god has blessed this country with more prosperity than the world has ever known.

I believe the reason God, with a capital G, has blessed this country is because we have stood for the right things. We have only asked for enough room to bury our dead after a war. Somehow freeing others has made us prosper even more. The individual has been empowered everyone prospers more,

I for one think character matters, I think honesty matter, I think fidelity matters. The Constitution is merely a piece of paper. If our leaders don't have character if they don't have virtue the constitution is not enough to restrain them. I don't think Donald Trump has character or virtue and for me that MATTERS ALOT.

owe say what you want about your holyier than thou, whatever. My belief in god, my belief in that there is life beyond this earth is what makes me try to be a decent person. If not why not steal, why not cheat on my wife, why not do whatever the hell to get whatever gain I can? Christ and his teachings are what helps me know right from wrong.

I just think a president who believes the same thing would make a better president. Trump doesn't give 2 [bleep] about God. The other choice was a god fearing man. who was mocked by so many people including people here. Frankly I just wanted my disgust of it put in record. If Trump becomes president I hope he becomes the best president we have ever had. I hope like hell I am wrong and will come on here and beg everyone for forgiveness. I love this country too much. I hope the dreams of the founding fathers and of Ronald Reagan and so many others stay true and that we somehow become a shinyier city on a hill. That is my desire. peace out!!!!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The majority of posters on here are just like the majority of Americans.......they do not believe in God.

Boy, are they in for a surprise come Judgment Day.

I place Trump in the same category I do with the Democrat politicians....he is a gifted liar, and a proven one at that. Running the Miss America pageant does not qualify one to be president. But, faced with either he or Hillary, I have no choice but to vote for him. It's the lesser of two evils thing.

Maybe you will be surprised when Allah says:
"No virgins for you, infidel"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
.....and goodnight Missus Calabash, wherever you are

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not too enthralled about our choices or chances come November

But I thought you lot were a bunch of heathens long before this election process

"Shinyier city on the hill"? I like that a lot

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
How does the OP feel about being reigned over by a criminal in 2017?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper

With all due respect, no you can't. Without a lawgiver all moral judgments are ultimately subjective.

yours carries a coat hanger.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would fear God as well if Lied As much as Cruz. I watched many of his speeches as he outright lied about other candidates positions. Since
I am a constitutionalst over the years I have asked myself over and over why Cruz gives me the creeps since My positions would be in line with his. The reason is that we not only look to the message but the messenger as well. I dont share the same lofty opinion on his character as some here but I am not discusted with them . If Republicians wanted a check the box evangelical / conservative this race would have been over three months ago not yesterday.

Last edited by Boarmaster123; 05/04/16.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Snyper

yours carries a coat hanger.

I imagine you think that was "witty" but it's really just meaningless.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The problem the Pharisees had was believing and living under the deception that their lifestyle/heritage were the keys to the Kingdom.

Conveniently modeled after themselves, they had constructed a data set to take the measure of a man.

It turned out to be the wrong assumption.

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Somehow freeing others has made us prosper even more.

You musta missed the part about one big group we freed that has done nothing but drag us down as a nation ever since.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am only going to take one day to be pissed off about this tomorrow is a new day, so I am not going to comment on this thread after this.

I love this country, do any of you knuckle heads realize how much you owe to the sacrifices so many have made for this nation? Just about all of us have a warm home to come home to, lights to turn on, food in the kitchen, gas in our cars, so many magnificent things. Just about all of it was invited in america, Just about all of it was a result of people being free, people being able to do what they wanted with their property, You owe the very circumstances you live in at this very moment because of the amazing country that our founders created. Without which who the hell knows what our lives would be but I can guarantee you one thing it would not be anywhere near what it is now. Stop and think about that just for a second. George Washington, Ben Franklin, John locke, What these men put into motion we owe and incredible debt of gratitude to for what they created. For all you athiest's out there I believe our nation was inspired by god. I believe god has blessed this country with more prosperity than the world has ever known.

I believe the reason God, with a capital G, has blessed this country is because we have stood for the right things. We have only asked for enough room to bury our dead after a war. Somehow freeing others has made us prosper even more. The individual has been empowered everyone prospers more,

I for one think character matters, I think honesty matter, I think fidelity matters. The Constitution is merely a piece of paper. If our leaders don't have character if they don't have virtue the constitution is not enough to restrain them. I don't think Donald Trump has character or virtue and for me that MATTERS ALOT.

owe say what you want about your holyier than thou, whatever. My belief in god, my belief in that there is life beyond this earth is what makes me try to be a decent person. If not why not steal, why not cheat on my wife, why not do whatever the hell to get whatever gain I can? Christ and his teachings are what helps me know right from wrong.

I just think a president who believes the same thing would make a better president. Trump doesn't give 2 [bleep] about God. The other choice was a god fearing man. who was mocked by so many people including people here. Frankly I just wanted my disgust of it put in record. If Trump becomes president I hope he becomes the best president we have ever had. I hope like hell I am wrong and will come on here and beg everyone for forgiveness. I love this country too much. I hope the dreams of the founding fathers and of Ronald Reagan and so many others stay true and that we somehow become a shinyier city on a hill. That is my desire. peace out!!!!

Oh man, you are so far off. The country has been, and always will be rotten at the core. From the very beginning it's been that way. I never get you "christians" who think that somehow this country was some sort of christian utopia. It never existed.

No wonder why you bought into Cruz, hook line, and sinker. That's what he was counting on. But, most Christian's with an ounce of discernment realized he was nothing but a snake oil salesmen, with a snake oil salesmen father and a big bank wife.

You idolize people waaaaaay too much.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ingwe

You musta missed the part about one big group we freed that has done nothing but drag us down as a nation ever since.....

The little yellow guys that built the railroad?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

This really did make me lol

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

No, you Moron....

we never freed them, just worked them to death and had the Irish bury them along the tracks where they fell....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No, you Moron....

we never freed them, just worked them to death and had the Irish bury them along the tracks where they fell....

Your history is way off.

They weren't dying. They were napping because they were lazy.

There's historical documentation on youtube.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin

Oh man, you are so far off. The country has been, and always will be rotten at the core. From the very beginning it's been that way. I never get you "christians" who think that somehow this country was some sort of christian utopia. It never existed.

No wonder why you bought into Cruz, hook line, and sinker. That's what he was counting on. But, most Christian's with an ounce of discernment realized he was nothing but a snake oil salesmen, with a snake oil salesmen father and a big bank wife.

You idolize people waaaaaay too much.

cumminscowboy wanted a national preacher, not a president. His holier than thou bit is exactly the problem with evangelicals; they want to force everyone else to believe just like them, or live under their idea of a religious utopia. It's the legacy of the Puritans, and a damned shameful one at that as it leads to dissention and tyranny.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1lessdog, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,527
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.