Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I know a lady who' s brother and SIL converted. It is sort of a shame as the awkwardnes on both sides about not wanting to evangelize on their part knowing it would not really be wanted and not wanting to have to say they weren't interested on the part of the others kept them apart to the point they didn't even share holidays etc.

As to how to keep them from waking you on Saturday morning you simply have your spouse lay on the front stoop and draw a chalk line around them. String some yellow police crime scene tape around the porch and scatter a few Watchtower pamphlets around .

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2 little old ladies came walking up our drive few years back and knocked on the door.

"Hi, we're with the j dubyas and we're here to invite you folks to the Easter morning celebration of Jesus the Christ's death."

"Well, ladies, this household is Christian.
You go celebrate His death while we stay home and celebrate His resurrection."

They turned white as ghosts.
With eyes as big as saucers they whirled on their heels and scurried down the porch step, through the gate, and down the drive faster than either had moved in decades.

I aint seen them since

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We are always nice and cordial with them. They know where we stand yet they stop by from time to time anyway. I tend to respect those that fight the good fight.

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Apology accepted. You are a true gentleman and I am proud to make your acquaintance. Porsche73

It ain't the way it used to be, but it will do.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
2 little old ladies came walking up our drive few years back and knocked on the door.

"Hi, we're with the j dubyas and we're here to invite you folks to the Easter morning celebration of Jesus the Christ's death."

"Well, ladies, this household is Christian.
You go celebrate His death while we stay home and celebrate His resurrection."

They turned white as ghosts.
With eyes as big as saucers they whirled on their heels and scurried down the porch step, through the gate, and down the drive faster than either had moved in decades.

I aint seen them since

Great response.

laugh

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A few minutes ago I remember something from when I was a new Christian. A lady at work told me,
"I can see the Holy Spirit all over you. You're going to need this Book." Then she handed me a green hardbound book: New World Translation of The Holy Scriptures. It is the Bible printed by the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I took it to the Sunday School class where I attended. The guy teaching seemed uneasy during his lesson. After the class he walked straight to me and asked about my Bible. He was very concerned because he heard they distort God's Word. I think they try, but if you don't read the words in brackets, like the King James with italics, the Bibles tend to be the same.

I told the guy to take a look at Ephesians 2:8-9. He did and agreed with me it was clearer there. I haven't used that Bible for over thirty years, but I will give it a try at remembering:

"By God's undeserved kindness toward you, you have been saved. Not by your own works....." Someone who knows can correct me if they are inclined.

Anyway the guy always slammed the door in the face of any Jehovah's Witnesses who came calling. The next time they came, it was an older guy and a younger guy. After they introduced themselves he asked if he could show them something in the Bible. One of the guys handed him his Bible. He read the Scripture. The younger of the two responded,
"I need to go home and pray. That is totally new to me."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I have pretty darned effective spam filter. I have never, in thirty years, seen a missionary of any persuasion brave the mile of dirt, dust, mud, puddles, slime, or unplowed snow drfts, depending on seasonal weather systems, that it takes to get to my house.

Hell, I have not even seen the MIL out here since '97.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I will disagree with some here about their intentions. If you even listen to their message for a minute, they will be back again, and again, and again. I just don't appreciate what amounts to religious harassment. I tried to hear them out one time when I still lived with my folks and they pestered us all most weekly for months. Dad being the redneck that he was, answered the door with a Colt on his belt and a bull whip in his hand. They quickly got the message. That crazy German bastard was not to be messed with.

To my shame I am less than courteous to those people...however, to my delight I was able to inform one lady and her cohort that whilst I was not interested in what she had to say my wife most assuredly was, and that she would be home the next day and would be anxiously awaiting the meeting.

That was twenty-odd years ago and my wife still gets the screaming irrats with me every time she thinks of it.

I on the other hand still just about piss myself laughing when I am reminded of the look on her face when the ladies turned up with an invitation to chat.

Sometimes life is just FUN!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've always been courteous to them when they show up.
I always tell them that the people across the street have a lot more interest in hearing what they have to say than I do.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never got bothered at home, but once I was working on a commercial freezer unit, and had a garage door open for ventilation.
Two young fellows walked right in while I'm working on the compressor and started their shpeel.
I politely told them I was happy with my church and my relationship with God, and, figuring they'd leave, turned back to my work.
Only they didn't leave, and continued telling me about their church.
I got a little POed then and told them that I thought it was VERY [bleep] rude of them to continue bothering me at effing work.
THAT got the message acrossed and they evacuated post haste!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
No need to be disrespectful or downright cruel just because you disagree with their message. . .

Quite possibly true but in my personal exp. I've met more downright mean nasty Christians than I care to remember.

If'n ya don't walk their walk and talk their talk you are scum.

Ain't that the truth . . .

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Had some stop by yesterday....was nice to them, but told them I, and my family, are saved, and attend our own church weekly. Thanked them for their time and they responded likewise and went on their way.

I'm at work when they show up. But my wife has that approach. She's just nice to them, listens, and then tells them we are religious in our own way. With the way the world is today, I'd rather have them at my door that some variant of today's trash walking the streets.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I always thought the JH witness get-up would be a great 3 person burglary ring.

2 Men 1 woman…..woman stands near the door …watching, after break-in, men go thru house…….

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Reckon the best way to deal with Jehovah's Witnesses is to be a witness of your own. Do you have the knowledge of The Word enough to show them the error of their teaching? Ultimately, we should do unto them as we would have them do unto us.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'am glad that where I live there's a township ordinance against door to door solicitation.

I politely inform them of the ordinance and I'am calling the sheriff right now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Reckon the best way to deal with Jehovah's Witnesses is to be a witness of your own. Do you have the knowledge of The Word enough to show them the error of their teaching? Ultimately, we should do unto them as we would have them do unto us.

I agree. I look at it as an opportunity for dialog with people who actually care about the subject. Fine people, seeking like a lot of us.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by Reloder28

I agree. I look at it as an opportunity for dialog with people who actually care about the subject. Fine people, seeking like a lot of us.

Good post my friend. I had one JW ask if he could come back by himself. His handlers were waiting in the car. That boy was real excited to hear some of the things I was showing him but sadly he didn't come back.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Baptists are FAR worse.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back in high school I used to go visit this old gent across town on saturday afternoons.
He always had some crazy project going on and everyone enjoyed his antics and considered him an entertaining fellow.

Up the walk comes a couple jw's.
He listens politely to their opening recitations then says with a smile, "Ya know, if the US postal service would let you stupid fugkers deliver the mail the gov't could save millions."

Back down the walk they went and away.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,773
Posts18,515,633
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.