Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I loved the Baptist Minister that came to my door with his 6 year old daughter.

Baptist: 'Do you know where you are going when you die?'

Me: 'Nope'

Baptist: 'If you accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, you would know where you are going when you die'

Baptist turns to his 6 year old daughter and asks: 'Honey, where will you go when you die'

Daughter: 'Heaven'

Baptist: 'Why'

Daughter: 'Because I believe in Jesus Christ'

Baptist Minister then looked at me with a rather smug look on his face. I then asked him if I could ask his daughter a question, he said yes.

Me: 'Do you believe in Santa Claus'

Daughter: 'YES!'

I then saw his smug look disappear and I said 'Have a nice day' as I closed the door.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
About four decades ago, a pair of JWs came to my front door. I answered the bell in my Air Force uniform. They started their spiel with, "Wouldn't it be wonderful if there was world peace?" To which I replied, "In my business? Hell no." They left.

The JWs hold an annual convention here in Ogden, Utah (of all places!) and during that week, the city fairly crawls with them. Two or even three visits to each house are not uncommon. My neighbor and I were building a block retainer wall once, really sweating and filthy, when a primly dressed couple of them asked if they could be of assistance. So I handed each of them a shovel. They left.

A JW convention in a deeply Mormon state is fun to watch. Dueling missionaries. Tracts at ten paces: turn and proselytize.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We've only seen them a few times out in the country. And years apart at that. Simply tell em we are good, and to have a good day.

Haven't had a problem.

Only one time, did one push it a bit with Dad and Dad had a few words out of the book with him and that was it.

I've heard far worse from some folks though.

We've hunted with a Baptist minister for years now in AK that knows we are Lutheran, there isnt a single thing about religion that has ever come up, other than maybe the first year when we brought his kids a brick of 22 or some such, we got a camo covered bible back in our tent one day in return( we were not always in camp at the same times) But never a word.

I suspect that since all people are human, even JWs have a mix of nice folks and some azzholes just like the fire and life.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Baptist: 'If you accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, you would know where you are going when you die'

Baptist turns to his 6 year old daughter and asks: 'Honey, where will you go when you die'

Baptist Minister then looked at me with a rather smug look on his face. I then asked him if I could ask his daughter a question, he said yes.

I then saw his smug look disappear and I said 'Have a nice day' as I closed the door.

lol
My 6 yo daughter told me just yesterday, "Did you know, dad, that there is no Santa?"

"You gotta be kidding me!
What's Rudolf the red nose gonna do? file for unemployment?"

laugh
She just gave me her cute little scowl she always deploys when no smart assed retort comes to mind.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Jesus said, "As you are going, make disciples, teaching them to observe all I have commanded you."

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I gotta hand it to you SH, only you could come up with a reply as perfect as that on the spur of the moment! Well done!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tell anyone who comes to my home .... if they are UN-invited and UN-expected they are also UN-welcome.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I tell them to give me their address and I'll stop by
sometime. Probably right after the bars shut down.
No takers.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Q: What do you get when you cross a Hell's Angel with a Jehovah's Witness ?

A.) Somebody that comes up to your door and tells YOU to fugg off.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 05/25/16.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Jesus said, "As you are going, make disciples, teaching them to observe all I have commanded you."

Fine with me. They're more than welcome to observe me and mine from the other side of the property line.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

As a Christian I have to respect that the JWs do as Jesus commanded. I often wonder why it is other Christian religions do NOT follow the commandment of Jesus to go and make deciples

I also wonder why it is Christians fought one another in world wars, particular world war 2 where 24 out of 28 nations were Christian nations many of whom were fighting one another while at the same time praying to the same God?

The Civil War likewise has me baffled where as an entire nation of Christians picked up weapons and slaughtered one another.

In the first century when Christianity was extended to every corner of the globe it was the first time ever in history this had been done. A defining mark of Christianity and one of the fruitage of the spirit is UNITY. Are modern day Christians United or have they caused devisions among themselves? There are more than 9000 devisions.

Christians have never before in biblical history fought against and killed one another. There is no biblical reference to this and it appears most modern day evangelists have Reinvented the bible.

One Christian religion stands out in accepting the biblical council to love your brother and have not participated in such activities for more than 100 years.

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 05/25/16.

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I answer the door naked w/ a coyote pelt draped over my head.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever happened to the hari krishnas at the airports?

I was thinking bout joining them but they seem as a rare as hens teeth these days?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I answer the door naked w/ a coyote pelt draped over my head.

mike r

Lmao

Pix? Uh no thank you. Oh you made me laugh. Thank you

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I'm not sure what scared them off, the Skeptics Annotated Bible in the Parlor, or the Ruger Vaquero on top of it.

It was the Ruger. Last time they showed up here 2 years ago I answered the door with the 1911 Mexican style and exposed, by the look on their faces you'd a thought my dick was hanging out.

They haven't been back since.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Whatever happened to the hari krishnas at the airports?

I was thinking bout joining them but they seem as a rare as hens teeth these days?

I'm thinking declining membership due to:

members not only chant a 16-word mantra to Hare Krishna, sometimes lasting hours a day, they agree to abstain from meat, gambling, alcohol and illicit sex.

grin laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That's no life!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Porsche73
Apology accepted. You are a true gentleman and I am proud to make your acquaintance. Porsche73

Larry, THREE different logins now? FOAD you decrepit old psycho!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The old queer's sending me PMs, too.

Rick,how's your supply of creepy troll spray holding out ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Oh good, so if you come to my front door and I drive a knife through your lung for being an annoying twat you will turn the other cheek...or do you selectively observe.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,825 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,798
Posts18,477,446
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.