Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Oh I understand now.

Still, an electric fence set at an appropriate 'punch', would make it almost impossible for anybody to get in.

Bottom line, the kid did get in.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Where were the parents?

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where are all of you perfect parents who are always in complete control of your kids? Because I'm around a lot of parents and a lot of kids and I've never seen any of you.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
word ^

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I must have had perfect parents because when I went to the zoo with them there's no damn way they would have let me even look like I was thinking of going over, under or through the first railing let alone make it over three barriers.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Where are all of you perfect parents who are always in complete control of your kids? Because I'm around a lot of parents and a lot of kids and I've never seen any of you.

My kids came equipped with hands that fit perfectly in mine when we were places that I wanted to control them beyond voice control, which worked very well too, since we believed in spanking. I also knew how to count and how many I had with me at any time and made sure I kept them in eyesight and close at hand. I used these techniques to my and their advantage when around questionable surroundings and always if caged wild animals were present. I doubt I'm totally alone, though, it would appear, nearly.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No one's ever had to kill a gorilla because I didn't watch my kid.

No one ever had to kill a gorilla because my parents didn't watch me.

This isn't like he snuck some beers when they weren't around. The "family" went there together to look at animals together and should have stopped the ordeal LONG before he cleared 3 different barriers. Particularly a 3 year old. And I damn sure do blame the parents for the entire deal. ALL of it.

I don't blame the zoo for putting the gorilla down - remember they live with this thing 24/7 and know how it behaves and what it's like when they're in its enclosure. They had the BEST idea and experience with the gorilla to know how he would handle the situation of the kid in there. Good shoot.

Don't really blame the kid - too young to know better.

That leaves the parents for being so completely incompetent that sterilization should be on the menu. If only as a deterrent for others...

Me

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GunReader
I must have had perfect parents because when I went to the zoo with them there's no damn way they would have let me even look like I was thinking of going over, under or through the first railing let alone make it over three barriers.

As long as they saw you contemplating it.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Let's see, I've made an algebra mistake at some time so now I'm not qualified to grade a freshman math test?

My parents and their contemporaries weren't perfect, but I guarantee you a lot of child behavior I see commonly exhibited today was not tolerated in my day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kid1 falls down, Mom kneels down to pick her up and console her. Kid2 chases bird into bushes. Mom immediately starts looking for Kid2. Kid2 is following bird, then distracted by the water and apparent slide someone made for him. Kid2 heads into moat. Mom is still hysterically looking for kid.

That's completely plausible. And could happen to anyone. Even super parents like we have here.

It's not like the Mom watched kid jump into the moat, all she had to do was turn her head for five seconds. You can imagine that she never noticed her kid missing, but you can also imagine that a great mom made a mistake that anyone else could have.

I don't know which was true, I just choose not to condemn the mom based on my imagination.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mathman

Let's see, I've made an algebra mistake at some time so now I'm not qualified to grade a freshman math test?

My parents and their contemporaries weren't perfect, but I guarantee you a lot of child behavior I see commonly exhibited today was not tolerated in my day.

Do you have kids?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If Kid 2 isn't ready to stand still for a minute without a leash then he isn't ready to be out in public without one on one supervision. Whose responsibility is that?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by deflave

Do you have kids?

Dave

No, and that makes no difference either.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Kudos to the zoo for acting the way they did and in a timely manner.

It was no time for fugking around and they made the right call.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Sure it does.

Because if you had kids you'd recall one or two "oh schit" moments when they disappeared on your ass.

It happens to the best of parents.

Dave

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Oh schit moments have always happened. My point was the general level of behavior and discipline has declined, and as a result the probability of "moments" has increased.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's two types of parents, and you can see both types in any grocery store.

The first kind let their kids run all around the store, and get into whatever they want to get into... eek

The second kind has the kids around the cart, and they are quiet and polite, and even help push the cart and watch after their younger siblings.

Guess which type parent had a kid fall into the gorilla exhibit? whistle

We all have differing opinions on "good parenting". But I fail to see how parents that let their children run wild are not culpable when they run straight into the arms of trouble. At least partially.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

Sure it does.

Because if you had kids you'd recall one or two "oh schit" moments when they disappeared on your ass.

Dave

If one doesn't have them then one can't understand. wink

A kid screwed up, a gorilla was killed because of it. The world kept right on churning round and round.

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Raeford

Sure it does.

Dave

If one doesn't have them then one can't understand. wink

A kid screwed up, a gorilla was killed because of it. The world kept right on churning round and round.

Similar fallacy: Since I'm not a tenor in a professional opera company I can't say Roseanne's rendition of The Star Spangled Banner was bad.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
You just can't[or won't] ever understand. There is nothing wrong with it, you just cannot understand.
I'm not saying that a certain percentage of parents these days do most anything but parenting, but unless you've 'been there done that' you really just won't understand.

FJB & FJT
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (06hunter59, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 1,887 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,882
Posts18,497,770
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.