Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hungary and Macedonia built effective border walls/barriers in about 6 months that have been highly effective.

I think Great America could do something if we had the will.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hungary and Macedonia built effective border walls/barriers in about 6 months that have been highly effective.

Tell us more. How long of walls? Constructed of what materials? What was the cost? Did they surround their entire countries?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About 350 miles combined from both countries.

US Mexico is what 2000 miles? We have 6 or 700 miles of current fence?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Walls alone would not do the job. Enforcing the laws we already have would help a lot. But if we wanted to enforce the border it could be done. I have seen the fences and security protecting nuclear weapons.

Those who want our military to stand on our border need to remember that silly document some of us swore to defend with our lives. It is called he Constitution.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2

We have interstate freeways from coast to coast with overpasses every mile.
How is it impossible to build a wall on the Mexican border?

Duh

The US-Mexico border is just under 2,000 miles long and crosses canyons, rivers, swamps, etc. Yes, you can build a 2,000 wall, but at what cost? Some estimates have placed the cost at $20 billion+. But this depends on the materials used, the height of the wall, maintenance costs, etc. Also, it will be difficult to build a wall that lets river water pass through and yet keeps out border crossers.

Interstate highways follow the most desirous route and wind around obstacles and inhospitable areas. A border MUST follow the border precisely, or the US will effectively cede control of some US territory. It will be difficult and expensive to build; only fools believe that Mexico will pay for it. Also, regardless of how high it is, taller ladders will be built. There will be high maintenance costs and increased numbers of Border Patrol agents will be required.

See:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/security/systems/mexico-wall.htm

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/09/this-is-what-trumps-border-wall-could-cost-us.html

We just gave Iran $150 Billion, 20 billion is Trump change.

Americans First!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I think he was being a bit hyperbolic, as he is want to do, you need to consider that in this day and age it doesn't really need to be a physical wall.

"Smart dust" and ground based sensors, Aerostat balloons with GMTI radar that tracks anything moving on the ground and thermal sensors. Processing back ends to classify and track the contacts and a robust and well trained border patrol that will intercept the inbound mules and arrest and deport.

This, combined with penalties for hiring illegals, and a new immigration system to ensure that the ones that follow a system and want to become citizens have a way to do it without years of wait.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nailed it. We have the ability what we have not had is the leadership tat wants it slowed down let alone stopped. Maybe, just maybe, if those voters who have their noses bent out of shape will pull their head out of their asses and vomit for Trump we will have a leader that has the balls to stop it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pugs
While I think he was being a bit hyperbolic, as he is want to do, you need to consider that in this day and age it doesn't really need to be a physical wall.

"Smart dust" and ground based sensors, Aerostat balloons with GMTI radar that tracks anything moving on the ground and thermal sensors. Processing back ends to classify and track the contacts and a robust and well trained border patrol that will intercept the inbound mules and arrest and deport.

This, combined with penalties for hiring illegals, and a new immigration system to ensure that the ones that follow a system and want to become citizens have a way to do it without years of wait.

A mine field is a much better idea

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wall in San Diego area works fine, intent is to funnel traffic into areas that can be controlled. A virtual wall is just as important as the steel and mortar wall.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Pugs

and how does a Rancher make a living if youre turning his cattle into burgers ....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I understand how you feel but mines are to easy to get around. Send kids across and walk around the craters.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ScottF

Those who want our military to stand on our border need to remember that silly document some of us swore to defend with our lives. It is called he Constitution.

what part of our constitution prevents the use of troops to repel foreign invaders?

I had a couple Uncles who spent a good share of the '40's making such patrols on the California Coast. One on horse back, one in a boat, both wore CG uniforms at the time.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Who says the wall won't work?

Attached Images
The Wall.jpg (86.92 KB, 40 downloads)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It would be easy and cheap to build a crossing deterrent. Sanctions would cover the cost. NO government contractors, only vetted private contractors. Maybe even offer 2-3 years of work on the wall to workers with visas to put them on the fast track to citizenship. It's not rocket surgery.

FIRST start enforcing out laws rather than making new ones. Go forward from there.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$10,000 fine for first offense of hiring an illegal. Prison for subsequent offenses.

No wall needed. There, solved it.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
You want to secure the border:

1. Crackdown on the companies hiring the illegals. Jail the key company officers who order and/or do it. Seize the company assets and sell them at public auction with monies being applied to the national debt.

2. Create a five mile wide DMZ type area along the border complete with minefields, no less than three full divisions of troops, artillery, air support and everything else needed to secure it as best as is humanly possible. Any thing or any one caught inside the DMZ area will be eliminated on sight.

3. Inform Mexico that if they do not stem the flow of people across the border on their side it will be considered an act of war and dealt with accordingly.

4. Declare all the drug cartels terrorist organizations and let the military loose on them.

"2. Create a five mile wide DMZ type area along the border complete with minefields, no less than three full divisions of troops, artillery, air support and everything else needed to secure it as best as is humanly possible. Any thing or any one caught inside the DMZ area will be eliminated on sight."

And what will be the cost of buying the 2,000 mile long by 5 mile wide strip of land from the ranchers, farmers, citizens and towns within this area? Who will pay for it (maybe just add it to the National Debt that Donald Trump opined that he'd forfeit on).

Who said it would be on OUR side of the border?

So now you want to invade another country?

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by brilite
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2

We have interstate freeways from coast to coast with overpasses every mile.
How is it impossible to build a wall on the Mexican border?

Duh

The US-Mexico border is just under 2,000 miles long and crosses canyons, rivers, swamps, etc. Yes, you can build a 2,000 wall, but at what cost? Some estimates have placed the cost at $20 billion+. But this depends on the materials used, the height of the wall, maintenance costs, etc. Also, it will be difficult to build a wall that lets river water pass through and yet keeps out border crossers.

Interstate highways follow the most desirous route and wind around obstacles and inhospitable areas. A border MUST follow the border precisely, or the US will effectively cede control of some US territory. It will be difficult and expensive to build; only fools believe that Mexico will pay for it. Also, regardless of how high it is, taller ladders will be built. There will be high maintenance costs and increased numbers of Border Patrol agents will be required.

See:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/security/systems/mexico-wall.htm

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/09/this-is-what-trumps-border-wall-could-cost-us.html

We just gave Iran $150 Billion, 20 billion is Trump change.

NO, we didn't give Iran ANY money; it was their money to start with. It was frozen as a result of the economic sanctions imposed on Iran. It was their money in the first place.

see: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...rump-we-are-not-giving-iran-150-billion/

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Topstock

Maybe those who are watching the current walls being breached and thwarted.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by Topstock

Maybe those who are watching the current walls being breached and thwarted.

Who's side are you on?
Are you a wetback or a Democrat?

Apparently you don't think anything would work. What a loser.

Last edited by NVhntr; 07/24/16.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,377
Posts18,506,628
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.