Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by White_Bear
It would be easy and cheap to build a crossing deterrent. Sanctions would cover the cost. NO government contractors, only vetted private contractors. Maybe even offer 2-3 years of work on the wall to workers with visas to put them on the fast track to citizenship. It's not rocket surgery.

FIRST start enforcing out laws rather than making new ones. Go forward from there.

I have a service connected disabled vet owned construction business. Does your plan disqualifie me from bidding by your standards just because I am a certified government contractor?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the wall will make a fine RPG target frown So no, don't build it, but triple the size of the Border Patrol, and turn them loose in enforcement. Then it they come back and tell you they want a wall in such & such area, fine.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I could stop it for free. 50k fine for hiring folks not in the data base AND a 25k bounty for finding and turning them in.

For all the traditional reasons we need an enforced border, though.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Scott F
It would be easy and cheap to build a crossing deterrent. Sanctions would cover the cost. NO government contractors, only vetted private contractors. Maybe even offer 2-3 years of work on the wall to workers with visas to put them on the fast track to citizenship. It's not rocket surgery.

FIRST start enforcing out laws rather than making new ones. Go forward from there.

I have a service connected disabled vet owned construction business. Does your plan disqualifie me from bidding by your standards just because I am a certified government contractor?

Absolutely not. I should have been more specific but I'm a man of few words.
Please bid but don't expect special treatment. I thank you for your service and you deserve any and all benefits promised to you.
I own a contracting company and it's frustrating trying to bid against Native Americans, African Americans, women, etc and any other company owner who isn't a white male. I only succeed because I do better work. They always get the government bid even if it's way higher. It really sucks when those contractors toss it in my face.

Anyway.... There are good profitable ways to deal with illegals.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For my information..... What does it take to become a certified government contractor? I do private, township and a little county work. I'd like to expand.

Do not feed the bear!

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Absolutely not. I should have been more specific but I'm a man of few words.
Please bid but don't expect special treatment. I thank you for your service and you deserve any and all benefits promised to you.
I own a contracting company and it's frustrating trying to bid against Native Americans, African Americans, women, etc and any other company owner who isn't a white male. I only succeed because I do better work. They always get the government bid even if it's way higher. It really sucks when those contractors toss it in my face.

Anyway.... There are good profitable ways to deal with illegals.

I was pretty sure I was misreading your post. BTW, you must know about the 3% rule in government construction. My SCDOB project management business can help your company meet that 3%.

I will try to remember to send you some links next week when I get home. Feel free to remind me.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Build a big wall.

Minefields.. you guys are idiots.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do under $100 million annually so I'm okay for now.

Do not feed the bear!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
Build a big wall.

So, the f'ing idiot wants to know what we should do. Maybe just give yo and surrender the country to Mexico?

Tell us oh wise one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You would think that building a simple barrier was a major challenge listening to the Dems and some here.

How hard would it be?
Like putting a man on the moon hard?
Like building an aircraft carrier hard?
Like educating millions of non English speaking illegals hard?

If we hadn't spent the money stopping invaders in the Middle East we could probably have built 4 or 5 border walls to stop invaders of our own country.

What we lack is the will, not the means. We have undertaken
many tougher tasks.
The naysayers need to step aside.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Build a big wall.

So, the f'ing idiot wants to know what we should do. Maybe just give yo and surrender the country to Mexico?

Tell us oh wise one.

You seriously want to plant landmines at our southern border??

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Trump will build his tall wall a few feet higher, under budget, which benefits Mexico because it's going to pay for it, and in record time.

Just build the damned wall.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by gunner500
I think his wall means, patrol with A-10 Warthogs on a five mile buffer zone both north and south of the border.
Unmanned, armed, drones is the way to go. The specter of unseen death from above coupled with the reality that every inch of the border is being survailed 24/7/365, would eliminate incursions cost effectively and completely. Yes, some might have to die initially, but once death was confirmed certain, the border would be secure.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by gunner500
I think his wall means, patrol with A-10 Warthogs on a five mile buffer zone both north and south of the border.
Unmanned, armed, drones is the way to go. The specter of unseen death from above coupled with the reality that every inch of the border is being survailed 24/7/365, would eliminate incursions cost effectively and completely. Yes, some might have to die initially, but once death was confirmed certain, the border would be secure.

Are you serious? That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Build a big wall.

Tell us oh wise one.

So much for due process and the Constitution for any Citizen who steps in the wrong spot...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by NVhntr
You would think that building a simple barrier was a major challenge listening to the Dems and some here.

How hard would it be?

If we hadn't spent the money stopping invaders in the Middle East we could probably have built 4 or 5 border walls to stop invaders of our own country.

many tougher tasks.

It wouldn't be all that hard, just very expensive and even more stupid. When ever I hear the wall nonsense I think about the Maginot line, that Germany just went around. There is ample technology available to shut that border like a vault without the idiocy of a wall that won't work. That's not naysaying, but truth.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Topstock
Who says the wall won't work?

El Chapo... http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/12/americas/mexico-el-chapo-escape-sinaloa-cartel-tunnels/index.html

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by NVhntr

How hard would it be?

many tougher tasks.

^^^THIS^^^

We have thousand and thousands of miles of stand-up concrete walls along the nations highways for sound barriers. If we can put them up to block sound from reaching neighboring communities, why can't we put them up to stop an invasion from neighboring countries? It's not that hard over-all, but there will be some engineering needed in some places such as drainage ditches, creeks, rivers and mountains and hard terrain, but for the most part, not that difficult with stand-up panels. Put a 30 foot deep footer under it to deter tunnels. It's not rocket science.

It won't stop all illegal immigration, but it's a start. Combine that with fining people who hire them and take away the entitlements, and you have a good start to putting a damper on a bad problem.

If we can put a man on the Moon, I think we can handle a little construction job like this.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Build a big wall.

Tell us oh wise one.

Hell no! Show me where I said anything like that. Even if I did think so it would not work and I stated why above.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Building a physical wall on the U.S./Mexico border is a stupid political stunt. Our border with Mexico is 1,600 miles long. Even if we complete and enhance the existing wall to make it impenetrable it won't stop illegals from entering the country. Say we build the wall all the way from the Pacific Ocean to El Paso. That's not going to keep illegals out because they will just go around it. We're not going to build a wall down the middle of the Rio Grande River. Nor are we going to give up sovereignty of half of the river by building a wall on our side of the river. So we still have 800 miles of river border that anyone can wade across. The Chinese built a wall to keep out the Mongols and Genghis Khan just rode around it. Can't we learn from history?

We could deploy the military on the border and start shooting trespassers. But that's not going to happen. The Chinese did that too and it didn't work.

Now if we really want to keep out illegals, we should build a legal wall that will actually accomplish the job. First we have to enforce existing laws that prohibit companies from employing illegals. Then we have to change the laws that allow illegals to get benefits like free housing, free education, food stamps, free medical care, general relief and welfare payments, etc. These changes will eliminate the incentive for people to infiltrate our country and they will not only stop coming but they will go home. However, until the political climate changes none of these essential changes will occur and foreigners will continue to come and continue to burden our countries' tax and social welfare system.

People who want to come to this country and enjoy the benefits of a free country are not bad people. We should do the following:
1. Create the legal environment already outlined here.
2. Create a system that ensures that the rights of American citizens come before the rights of foreigners.
3. Build processing facilities on the U.S./Mexico border like Ellis Island or the Tower of Hope.
4. At the processing facilities we can ensure that those entering the country can at least communicate in basic English, have skills that make them employable and which do not compete with American workers, have no communicable diseases, are not terrorists or convicted felons. People who do not meet the criteria must be prohibited from entering the country.

We should create a fast track system to naturalized citizenship, for people who enter the country legally. That's how our ancestors got here.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (338Rules, 6mmbrfan, atvalaska, 9 invisible), 928 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.