Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Now where have i read that before? smile

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by gunner500
I think his wall means, patrol with A-10 Warthogs on a five mile buffer zone both north and south of the border.
Unmanned, armed, drones is the way to go. The specter of unseen death from above coupled with the reality that every inch of the border is being survailed 24/7/365, would eliminate incursions cost effectively and completely. Yes, some might have to die initially, but once death was confirmed certain, the border would be secure.

Are you serious? That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
Start reading your own posts, then. Obviously, neither then have you read any posts harking a wall as a solution to illegal immigration.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by Topstock
Who says the wall won't work?

El Chapo... http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/12/americas/mexico-el-chapo-escape-sinaloa-cartel-tunnels/index.html

I see it differently. If the wall forces them to dig tunnels then the wall is working. The tunnels are a whole lot more difficult to accomplish than simply walking across as they can now.

The technology today is much better at detecting than it was in the past.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by gunner500
I think his wall means, patrol with A-10 Warthogs on a five mile buffer zone both north and south of the border.
Unmanned, armed, drones is the way to go. The specter of unseen death from above coupled with the reality that every inch of the border is being survailed 24/7/365, would eliminate incursions cost effectively and completely. Yes, some might have to die initially, but once death was confirmed certain, the border would be secure.

Are you serious? That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
Start reading your own posts, then. Obviously, neither then have you read any posts harking a wall as a solution to illegal immigration.

You are an embarrassment. Unmanned drones indiscriminately killing anything that moves on our southern border? Do you live in fantasy land? I'd expect that level of thinking from a complete moron. What kind of church do you go to?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by KC
Building a physical wall on the U.S./Mexico border is a stupid political stunt. Our border with Mexico is 1,600 miles long. Even if we complete and enhance the existing wall to make it impenetrable it won't stop illegals from entering the country. Say we build the wall all the way from the Pacific Ocean to El Paso. That's not going to keep illegals out because they will just go around it. We're not going to build a wall down the middle of the Rio Grande River. Nor are we going to give up sovereignty of half of the river by building a wall on our side of the river. So we still have 800 miles of river border that anyone can wade across. The Chinese built a wall to keep out the Mongols and Genghis Khan just rode around it. Can't we learn from history?

We could deploy the military on the border and start shooting trespassers. But that's not going to happen. The Chinese did that too and it didn't work.

Now if we really want to keep out illegals, we should build a legal wall that will actually accomplish the job. First we have to enforce existing laws that prohibit companies from employing illegals. Then we have to change the laws that allow illegals to get benefits like free housing, free education, food stamps, free medical care, general relief and welfare payments, etc. These changes will eliminate the incentive for people to infiltrate our country and they will not only stop coming but they will go home. However, until the political climate changes none of these essential changes will occur and foreigners will continue to come and continue to burden our countries' tax and social welfare system.

People who want to come to this country and enjoy the benefits of a free country are not bad people. We should do the following:
1. Create the legal environment already outlined here.
2. Create a system that ensures that the rights of American citizens come before the rights of foreigners.
3. Build processing facilities on the U.S./Mexico border like Ellis Island or the Tower of Hope.
4. At the processing facilities we can ensure that those entering the country can at least communicate in basic English, have skills that make them employable and which do not compete with American workers, have no communicable diseases, are not terrorists or convicted felons. People who do not meet the criteria must be prohibited from entering the country.

We should create a fast track system to naturalized citizenship, for people who enter the country legally. That's how our ancestors got here.

KC

Do you lock your house?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KC
Building a physical wall on the U.S./Mexico border is a stupid political stunt. Our border with Mexico is 1,600 miles long. Even if we complete and enhance the existing wall to make it impenetrable it won't stop illegals from entering the country. Say we build the wall all the way from the Pacific Ocean to El Paso. That's not going to keep illegals out because they will just go around it. We're not going to build a wall down the middle of the Rio Grande River. Nor are we going to give up sovereignty of half of the river by building a wall on our side of the river. So we still have 800 miles of river border that anyone can wade across. The Chinese built a wall to keep out the Mongols and Genghis Khan just rode around it. Can't we learn from history?

We could deploy the military on the border and start shooting trespassers. But that's not going to happen. The Chinese did that too and it didn't work.

Now if we really want to keep out illegals, we should build a legal wall that will actually accomplish the job. First we have to enforce existing laws that prohibit companies from employing illegals. Then we have to change the laws that allow illegals to get benefits like free housing, free education, food stamps, free medical care, general relief and welfare payments, etc. These changes will eliminate the incentive for people to infiltrate our country and they will not only stop coming but they will go home. However, until the political climate changes none of these essential changes will occur and foreigners will continue to come and continue to burden our countries' tax and social welfare system.

People who want to come to this country and enjoy the benefits of a free country are not bad people. We should do the following:
1. Create the legal environment already outlined here.
2. Create a system that ensures that the rights of American citizens come before the rights of foreigners.
3. Build processing facilities on the U.S./Mexico border like Ellis Island or the Tower of Hope.
4. At the processing facilities we can ensure that those entering the country can at least communicate in basic English, have skills that make them employable and which do not compete with American workers, have no communicable diseases, are not terrorists or convicted felons. People who do not meet the criteria must be prohibited from entering the country.

We should create a fast track system to naturalized citizenship, for people who enter the country legally. That's how our ancestors got here.

KC

Is your yard fenced?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The absolutely clueless rantings from a congenitally bloodthirsty idiot.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
Now where have i read that before? smile

It's still true and it sounds better each time that I write it.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2

We have interstate freeways from coast to coast with overpasses every mile.
How is it impossible to build a wall on the Mexican border?

Duh

Of course we can build it. Cost: several Billion $$$$$$$$

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Is your yard fenced?

My yard is fenced to keep my dog in, not to keep people out.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B3

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Longbob

Do you lock your house?

I put dead bolts on my doors because I get better rates on my homeowners insurance. But I don't bother to use them. If someone wants to break into my house, a locked door is not going to stop them.

KC

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC

And more from an uninformed idiot with no imagination, it would appear. You must be a Hillary voter.

As I can see such a program rolled out, we would drop flyers, use radio and TV to insure everyone knew drone protection was going to be used and it would be lethal and accurate. The first few who tried the new system should be met with an appearance from the drone and fire that pinned them in place and scared the chit out of them but did not kill. They would be picked up and sent home with admonition to tell those who might come after then what awaited. If several iterations of that proved fruitless, direct targeting would be required.

Or, we could just let illegals keep coming and killing American's one way and another. And they will. A wall won't stop them. It seems that is the clueless congentially bloodthirsty killings you prefer, those of American's.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by KC

Do you lock your house?

I put dead bolts on my doors because I get better rates on my homeowners insurance. But I don't bother to use them. If someone wants to break into my house, a locked door is not going to stop them.

KC

But you DO have a door,correct?

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2

We have interstate freeways from coast to coast with overpasses every mile.
How is it impossible to build a wall on the Mexican border?

Duh

Of course we can build it. Cost: several Billion $$$$$$$$
And then they will go over it, under it, through it, or around it. A wall is so 8th Century.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

El Chapo... http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/12/americas/mexico-el-chapo-escape-sinaloa-cartel-tunnels/index.html

I see it differently. If the wall forces them to dig tunnels then the wall is working. The tunnels are a whole lot more difficult to accomplish than simply walking across as they can now.

You see it differently because you have your eyes closed to the real issues of why they are here in the first place....Jobs, welfare, medical, housing etc. etc. Take all of those issues/options off the table and tell me illegal immigration would still be a problem.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If someone wants to break into my house, a locked door is not going to stop them.
That depends on who wants in and why.

I keep the glass storm door locked, as I believe all that glass breaking is going to be a detriment to even start trying to get in that way. Then they only other choice they have, besides cutting a hole in the garage door, are the glass doors on the deck. Back to square one.

Breaking down a door often provides an audible alert trouble is at hand. I like that more than a criminal just quietly walking in uninvited and me unawares. ymmv

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by KC

Do you lock your house?

KC

Just like waiting on your fantasy proposals will stop them. You live in Colorado Springs and don't lock your house? I have a hard time believing you. I bet you don't lock your car either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC

And more from an uninformed idiot with no imagination, it would appear. You must be a Hillary voter.

As I can see such a program rolled out, we would drop flyers, use radio and TV to insure everyone knew drone protection was going to be used and it would be lethal and accurate. The first few who tried the new system should be met with an appearance from the drone and fire that pinned them in place and scared the chit out of them but did not kill. They would be picked up and sent home with admonition to tell those who might come after then what awaited. If several iterations of that proved fruitless, direct targeting would be required.

Or, we could just let illegals keep coming and killing American's one way and another. And they will. A wall won't stop them. It seems that is the clueless congentially bloodthirsty killings you prefer, those of American's.

Hey stupid,....we BUILD, and TEST drones here, in the very closest town. We TRAIN drone pilots here, and I am pretty damned conversant with what can and can't be done with em'.

.....you mister ( small m,) see me as a "Hillary voter?"

Some advice :

Don't be in the same enclosed space with sche it and bean dip at the same time,...your threshold for confusion is obviously fairly low.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

You see it differently because you have your eyes closed to the real issues of why they are here in the first place....Jobs, welfare, medical, housing etc. etc. Take all of those issues/options off the table and tell me illegal immigration would still be a problem.

Which would happen first? Completing the wall or your fixing all the other issues. I would put my odds on the wall first then getting the other stuff sorted out.

And you are kidding yourself if you think the tunnels are being built for illegal immigration. They are for the drug trade. If the illegals use them also then that is their call. Much easier to defend choke points rather than a sieve.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I see the Dems put a 4 mile 8ft fence around DNC center for this week.
I think they are starting to believe in walls.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 10 invisible), 1,023 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,126
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.