Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 41 42
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by Scott F
I am pretty far right, in fact I am a far enough right Constitutionalist to believe Rush is a rabid liberal, and I am a Christian. I just want to be left alone to believe in what I believe. I have no desire to try to convert anyone who does not ask me questions about my faith. Many here have sat around a campfire with me and can testify to that statement.

More "christians" especially some on the 'Fire should take heed to these two sentences.

Let's take a look at what the Founder of Christianity says,

Matthew 28:19-20

"'Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'"

Mark 16:15-16

"And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.'"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MojoHand
No, you haven't read American history. Put down the Barton and D'souza and slowly back away...

Prior to becoming 'America', (the nation under the constitution), there was rampant discrimination by the religious, even against other 'christians' (i am forever amused by the irony that baptist used to be persecuted by other Christians).

When the 'conservatives' talk about America being founded as a 'Christian nation' they are right in the sense that various sects were in control of the colonies and demanded adherence to their doctrine and standards of conduct, including being a member in good standing of their denomination to hold office, etc. Other sects, non-believers, 'papists', Jews, etc were neither looked on nor favorably treated,

This was a large impetus to the founding fathers (mostly Jim and Tom) to 'secularize' the Constitution. They knew too well the dangers religion posed to government and vice versa.

So when Scott and others say they just want to be able to believe as they please without aggressively proselytizing others, I say, bravo. However, that is not what I referred to in my earlier response. The religious right has shown over and over they want to legislate morality. Who you can sleep with, who you can marry, what you can put in your body, what you can take out, what bathroom you have to use, what gender you must identify as, how you can protest, etc. etc.

if the religious right gained the power that the house of Saud wields, you'd see the rise and domination of the American Fascists. It's inevitable--when you believe that you worship the 'one, true God' and his precepts are the path of truth and, especially, when following (read: enforcing) those precepts will 'bless and prosper' the country--well then, woe to those who do not fall inline. They are 'traitors' and enemies of the all the country 'stands for'.

Of course, as mentioned, Tom and Jim understood this perfectly; hence, the 'wall of separation' principle.

I was going to comment on your whole post, but your last statement shows your ignorance, so never mind. The "wall of separation" does not show up in the Constitution. The First Amendment was to limit the Federal Government, not the State Governments or the churches. After all it says,

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petitition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
JMR40,

We will all be a lot better off when the churches and Christians truly do start doing God's work again.

Help us out here. What is God's work?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Can there be any doubt that religion causes wars? No thread with religion in it stays civil, even here on the 'Fire.

While I agree with you about religion and wars the fire is hardly a reliable barometer.....

You could post a pic of a box of puppies on the "campfire" and someone would eventually come along and find something about it to chitmouth and argue about....

No they wouldn't! smirk

grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Lemme get this straight. An atheist gets on Twatter in Saudi Arabia and shares his views with everyone over there....including the authorities who enforce Sharia law....and thereby earns himself 10 years in jail and perpetual ass whippings. Kind of runs contrary to the narrative that atheists are smart don't it?

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Snyper

Preview of what the US would look like if the religious right ever got the power they seek...

The Christian right would only want to be left to their own.

As in "mind your own business"?
Where have we heard that before.

The "christian right" is as oppressive as the Saudis in many ways, but they won't admit it to themselves.

Get another stash of coke! What you have has messed up whatever grey matter is up there!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Sauer200
I am pretty far right, in fact I am a far enough right Constitutionalist to believe Rush is a rabid liberal, and I am a Christian. I just want to be left alone to believe in what I believe. I have no desire to try to convert anyone who does not ask me questions about my faith. Many here have sat around a campfire with me and can testify to that statement.

More "christians" especially some on the 'Fire should take heed to these two sentences.

Let's take a look at what the Founder of Christianity says,

Matthew 28:19-20

"'Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'"

Mark 16:15-16

"And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.'"

Some of those that do it come across as obnoxious puuggers. That's what turns a lot of folks off.

Last edited by Sauer200; 09/09/16.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sauer200,

Some of those that do it come across as obnoxious puuggers. That's what turns a lot of folks off.

Lot's of folks are turned off by the idea they should submit to a Higher Authority than their own. No matter how politely they are introduced to the idea. Don't forget it was religious leaders who put Jesus to death.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Scott,

It's important to note that you do not identify as an Evangelical, i.e. someone who believes it's your duty to convert everyone else to your brand of Christianity. IMO that's not what's typically identified as the "Christian Far Right".

In modern terminology leaving people alone is more a libertarian, then a conservative principle.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
It's not the religious right that have been driving us in that direction. It's been the liberal atheists.

Originally Posted by RJY66
Lemme get this straight. An atheist gets on Twatter in Saudi Arabia and shares his views with everyone over there....including the authorities who enforce Sharia law....and thereby earns himself 10 years in jail and perpetual ass whippings. Kind of runs contrary to the narrative that atheists are smart don't it?

Not all Atheist are equal, nor are all Christians.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sauer200,

Lot's of folks are turned off by the idea they should submit to a Higher Authority than their own. No matter how politely they are introduced to the idea. Don't forget it was religious leaders who put Jesus to death.

You don't listen you turd, it is arseholes like you that are turning people away.

Now go take one for the team and commit suicide.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Preview of what the US would look like if the religious right ever got the power they seek...

The "christian right" is as oppressive as the Saudis in many ways, but they won't admit it to themselves.

Get another stash of coke! What you have has messed up whatever grey matter is up there!

I didn't expect anyone to admit to it, and it's not surprising you just want to hurl personal insults.

That must be your "loving christian spirit" shining through.
It's a typical reaction to anyone who disagrees though, so it helps prove my point.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Okay cool. How about this. The atheist left is as oppressive as Stalin's Russia, Pol Pot's Vietnam, and Mao's China in many ways but they won't admit it to themselves.

Wonder which scenario will play out first in the USA? Atheists will be dragged to Sunday School by Christian religious police and have their asses thrown in jail and whipped for tweeting or Christians will be put in gulags by atheist statists for refusing to renounce Christ?

Personally, I think stupidity will do us in way before either of those scenarios play out. Stupid people seem to be everywhere and outbreeding those that have sense enough to pour piss out of a boot.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It's a typical reaction to anyone who disagrees though, so it helps prove my point.

The most free society ever devised, was devised by Christians.

You are a total dumb fugk.

Sinning and Winning Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Don't forget it was religious leaders who put Jesus to death.

Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave

The most free society ever devised, was devised by Christians.

You are a total dumb fugk.

Sinning and Winning Dave

Absolutely!

Without God, man is left to his own evil nature,and that nature will seek to dominate and oppress his fellow man.

Sure there are plenty of examples of men operation from their own natures in the name of God. It's exactly what we are fighting in Islam, but the answer isn't a society without God. In such a case a man has always set himself up as God anyway. The answer is to serve the true God who teaches for every man to place the needs of others above himself,and to love his fellow man as himself.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Saudi religious police would like to talk to you.

Saudi Arabia sentences man to 10 years in jail and 2,000 lashes for tweeting he was atheist
the-sun.png
Published August 31, 2016

A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced a man to ten years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism on Twitter.

A simple reply to the OP would be " Don't tweet in Saudi Arabia"

But Noooooooo...this has to spin out of control immediately because atheists were mentioned and Christians just can't stand that.
I can't believe its gone three pages without getting the pot of abortion or pit bulls stirred up...
The mind boggles when I read some of the things you people actually believe....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You advocating the abortion of pit bulls?

Dewd... now ya got the pot stirred up GOOD!

Next thing you know you'll be throwing out the question of which zip lock baggie one should keep his shower weapon in... or... when you REALLY want to get things going... how to keep said weapon concealed while you shower...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
In my very unprofessional opinion, no matter the subject, activity, etc......when human beings get involved it becomes a screwed up mess. That includes Christians, non Christians, agnostics, etc.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by efw
You advocating the abortion of pit bulls?

Dewd... now ya got the pot stirred up GOOD!

Next thing you know you'll be throwing out the question of which zip lock baggie one should keep his shower weapon in... or... when you REALLY want to get things going... how to keep said weapon concealed while you shower...

In reply to your post:

I'm only advocating the abortion of Christian pit bulls.

And theres a private label baggie that Costco carries that allows easy access to your weapon in the show in case any negroes in pickups plow through the shower wall.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 3 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

339 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 1,838 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,024
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.