Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 41 42
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image]

That is what most of us see when we are logged in.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MojoHand
If the religious right gained the power that the house of Saud wields, you'd see the rise and domination of the American Fascists.

Yep. One would be just as bad as the other.

The religious right has shown over and over they want to legislate morality. Who you can sleep with, who you can marry, what you can put in your body, what you can take out, what bathroom you have to use, what gender you must identify as, how you can protest, etc. etc.

Yep. Definitely. Nothing 'free' about their brand of 'freedom'.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
If the religious right gained the power that the house of Saud wields, you'd see the rise and domination of the American Fascists.

Yep. One would be just as bad as the other.

The religious right has shown over and over they want to legislate morality. Who you can sleep with, who you can marry, what you can put in your body, what you can take out, what bathroom you have to use, what gender you must identify as, how you can protest, etc. etc.

Yep. Definitely. Nothing 'free' about their brand of 'freedom'.

Theocrates, Marxist, Fascist, letting any of these have total control will lead to a bad outcome.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Theocrates, Marxist, Fascist, letting any of these have total control will lead to a bad outcome.

It probably will not be a surprise to you that I fully agree. As I have stated above the church should not be in politics and politics should not be in the church. It is beyond me why some thing this is not true.

I would not live in a country where the government forced me into any kind of church or prevented me from being any kind of faith. I am even against those who would ban the muslim faith. Nor would I live where any form of church had control over the government. That is how the inquisition came about.

Some folks want to cram their faith or their non faith down everyone else’s throats. I thing that turns me off faster than a dip in ice water and yes, I have dived through several feet of frozen salt water so I know what it feels like. Trust me it is a turn off!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by JSTUART
[Linked Image]

That is what most of us see when we are logged in.

Yes... Unless someone wastes bandwidth quoting him.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
How can you not believe in God??

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by hanco

For me it's pretty easy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by doover72

For me it's pretty easy.

It's pretty easy to understand how very difficult it is to surrender ones life to a God that one has never seen. It's pretty easy to understand how very difficult it is to surrender ones life to a God who speaks to ones heart...who speaks through ancient literature...and who speaks through ones conscience.

Some of Jesus' own followers...people who were with Him and saw what He did...didn't 'believe' until *after* the resurrection.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Some folks want to cram their faith or their non faith down everyone else’s throats.

No such thing as "non faith". Everyone has faith in something. Some is a blind faith and others use an informed position for their faith.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by doover72

For me it's pretty easy.

It's pretty easy to understand how very difficult it is to surrender ones life to a God that one has never seen. It's pretty easy to understand how very difficult it is to surrender ones life to a God who speaks to ones heart...who speaks through ancient literature...and who speaks through ones conscience.

Some of Jesus' own followers...people who were with Him and saw what He did...didn't 'believe' until *after* the resurrection.

Even after the resurrection. Check out This.

Matthew 28:16-17

"'But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful.'"

Jesus didn't address their doubts. He commanded them to get to work.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It appears that Rocky was spot on again.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Can there be any doubt that religion causes wars? No thread with religion in it stays civil, even here on the 'Fire.
You are so right...

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Saudi religious police would like to talk to you.

Saudi Arabia sentences man to 10 years in jail and 2,000 lashes for tweeting he was atheist
the-sun.png
Published August 31, 2016

A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced a man to ten years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism on Twitter.

The 28-year-old reportedly refused to repent, insisting what he wrote reflected his beliefs and that he had the right to express them.

The hardline Islamic state’s religious police in charge of monitoring social networks found more than 600 tweets denying the existence of God, ridiculing Koranic verses, accusing all prophets of lies and saying their teaching fuelled hostilities.

In 2014 the late King Abdullah issued a string of royal decrees aimed at clamping down on all forms of political dissent and protests that could “harm public order”.

This is the kind of rule/law all democrats ultimately want in this country.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most everybody believes in one God or another. Or belt fed...

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
In most western countries, people have the right to believe as they wish. In most middle eastern countries, they do not have this right. People who live there know this and deny the existence of a god at their peril. A Middle Easterner who does this does so out of conviction. A visiting Westerner does so out of sheer stupidity. If one is unable to keep one's mouth shut, one shouldn't visit that part of the world. If one is unable to exist without alcohol, one shouldn't visit that part of the world. I have numerous family mmembers who have lived and worked in the middle east for extended periods of time. Personally, I would not make that choice.
I know many people who are and many who are not religious. I know many people who are and many who are not judgemental. The two are certainly not mutually exclusive. GD

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

His believers have not met their burden of proof.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

And never will, that is why it is called faith.

Sorry to get back to this so late. Just completed a five hour drive and an now sitting in the dark using using my battery.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nobody owes" you proof.

If you don't believe a 416 Rigby will shoot 350 and 400 gr. bullets into the same 2 inch circle at 100 yards, I'm under no obligation to prove it to you just because I made the claim.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Nobody owes" you proof.

If you don't believe a 416 Rigby will shoot 350 and 400 gr. bullets into the same 2 inch circle at 100 yards, I'm under no obligation to prove it to you just because I made the claim.

And I'm under no obligation to believe you without sufficient evidence.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Nobody owes" you proof.

To me, that's a lot more believable than a god.

Last edited by doover72; 09/10/16.
Page 5 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

257 members (5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 1,749 guests, and 1,090 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,058
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.