Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 42 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 41 42
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[/quote]

Preview of what the US would look like if the religious right ever got the power they seek...

quote] Funny thing is. The religious right Founded America and wrote its founding documents. You must have missed that in History Class.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by doover72
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I hope God has his lawyer with him when all the Atheists hold Him to account.Otherwise, He won't have a chance with the likes of Antelope Sniper and victorio sitting as judges,

Well, if he is all knowing and powerful, etc., shouldn't he be held accountable for all of the bullschit going on?

It's called free will, which is what God gave all of us. Some use it wisely most of the time, others...not so much.

What does free will have to do with earthquakes, tsunami's, floods, droughts, malaria etc?

None of those things come from God. Some uninformed Christians may tell you so but they are all a result of man's free will. All evil entered into the world through sin, and sin through man's choice.

As has been said ,we live in a fallen world where bad things happen. Everything doesn't happen because God wills it to happen.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 09/12/16.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by baltz526

Preview of what the US would look like if the religious right ever got the power they seek...

quote] Funny thing is. The religious right Founded America and wrote its founding documents. You must have missed that in History Class. [/quote]

Exactly
This country only began it's decline when we decided we didn't need God any longer.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Yeah, let's get our facts from scientists, the same bunch of clowns that brought us global warming. Great idea.

Don't you mean Global Cooling?

Fortunately those involved in climate science are not cosmologist.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Parts of the bible that paint a picture of God which are contrary to what a man knows God's nature to be should be counted of no worth to him.
Perhaps no seeming worth at that mans present revelation of God, but could be of immeasurable value as that man grows in his faith and understanding. Or,it could be the aspect of God's nature that leads another to salvation or significant revelation. Things I have glossed over for years, can suddenly take on tremendous meaning and value. But neither is that necessary for those not interested in moving from revelation to revelation, or believe they can do so outside the framework of scripture. Nature and interaction with mankind can yield much revelation and knowledge, I just find more grounding when those inputs are also complimented by the Word.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jacques_La_Rami
Personally, I find most of Genesis to be somewhat true in the sense that most of the characters of Aesop were based on truths, but you can't take it literally. It probably was from oral traditions that morphed who knows how much, or from too many misinterpreted or otherwise untranslatable rewrites. Most of you read King James bible or more modern versions that were mostly taken from there. Heck I can't hardly understand Chaucer and that wasn't much before King James,They even claim that it is English smile but Jame's scholars translated words from Arabic, Hebrew, Sanskrit, Latin, and other languages that were more than a thousand years old in times that language changed much faster than it has since the written word has become much more widespread, I believe they got it all mixed up literally, even if the gist of it all is still there.

Just look at the first few pages if you don't think so. In Genesis 1, God made man and woman, then Adam named stuff and etc. In Genesis 2, Adam is lonely so God makes his rib into a woman (what happened to the one he made in book 1?) Then there is Cain and Able, and Cain's wife - who is she, where did those people in Nod come from? That is just for starters all of Genesis follows this pattern, but it is really old, and as I said before, probably largely an attempt to first write an oral tradition. The closer we get to the era of Christ the more accurate, and the better the writing skills of the chroniclers gets. We know plenty of Cesar, Alexander, Cicero, and many others, Christ as well, but most of the things that are considered silly by Atheists are all found in Genesis. It comes at the very dawn of written history which explains why it can't be taken literally in my opinion, but that doesn't necessarily make it false in essence. That probably is not what many other people believe, but it is my belief and allows me to be religious, non-denominational and rational.

What you present is a long way from an "inerrant" word of God. If the Bible was truly the inerrant word of God, it wouldn't matter when it was written. You've helped establish that at least some of the Bible does not meet that description, now the question just become how much of it is in error and not to be takes as the literal work of God.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by baltz526

Funny thing is. The religious right Founded America and wrote its founding documents. You must have missed that in History Class.

Our founders would of been considered liberal, not conservative in their day, and may were diest, and products of the age of reason. Not exactly the "religious right" of their day.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/12/16.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I hope God has his lawyer with him when all the Atheists hold Him to account.Otherwise, He won't have a chance with the likes of Antelope Sniper and victorio sitting as judges,

Well, if he is all knowing and powerful, etc., shouldn't he be held accountable for all of the bullschit going on?

It's called free will, which is what God gave all of us. Some use it wisely most of the time, others...not so much.

What does free will have to do with earthquakes, tsunami's, floods, droughts, malaria etc?

None of those things come from God. Some uninformed Christians may tell you so but they are all a result of man's free will. All evil entered into the world through sin, and sin through man's choice.

As has been said ,we live in a fallen world where bad things happen. Everything doesn't happen because God wills it to happen.

Is that why Katrina missed the portion of New Orleans with the highest concentration of gays?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

You need to re-read a bunch. Whose Flood wiped out the world? Whose fire and brimstone took out Sodom and Gomorrah? Who opened the earth and took out the antagonists of Moses? Who brings the plagues on the world during the Great Tribulation? Consider this!

Amos 3:6-7

"'If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble?
If a calamity occurs in a city has not the Lord done it?
Surely the Lord God does nothing unless He reveals His secret counsel to His servants the prophets.'"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, let's get our facts from scientists, the same bunch of clowns that brought us global warming. Great idea.

You could bet your last buck they are evolutionists.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What you present is a long way from an "inerrant" word of God. If the Bible was truly the inerrant word of God, it wouldn't matter when it was written. You've helped establish that at least some of the Bible does not meet that description, now the question just become how much of it is in error and not to be takes as the literal work of God.

Excellent observation.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman

You could bet your last buck they are evolutionists.

That's because evolution is a fact. Changes in allele frequencies within populations over time occur.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's because evolution is a fact. Changes in allele frequencies within populations over time occur.

Please. It is a superstition unsupported by real science. Explain to us the Cambrian explosion.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Please. It is a superstition unsupported by real science. Explain to us the Cambrian explosion.

A young earth creationist trying to defend his position by referencing the Cambrian explosion.

Now that's funny!!

Do you even know when it occurred, and over what time frame?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

A young earth creationist trying to defend his position by referencing the Cambrian explosion.

Now that's funny!!

So you are not going to explain it?

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Now that's funny!!

So you are not going to explain it?

Do you understand that it began about 542 million years ago.....and that 542,000,000 years is much further in the past then then 6,000 years?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

If you pack of pricks don't give up on this I shall set my lunatic Christian mother upon you, the witch has her own prayer room and spends some four hours each day studying and praying.
Each week her and the rest of her lunatic coterie meet upon the local mountain overlooking the city she lives in and spends a couple of hours praying over the town and it's citizens.

Even that tosser Ringy-thingy seems quite normal when compared to her.

SO BEWARE...there are bigger nut-jobs out there than you!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by JSTUART

If you pack of pricks don't give up on this I shall set my lunatic Christian mother upon you, the witch has her own prayer room and spends some four hours each day studying and praying.
Each week her and the rest of her lunatic coterie meet upon the local mountain overlooking the city she lives in and spends a couple of hours praying over the town and it's citizens.

I don't have the slightest clue why anyone would have a problem with any of that.

When I see someone doing something strange that seems of no value at all I tend to shrug and figure "it takes all sorts" or something.

Having a mother who cares that deeply for others... Whether you approve of how she shows it or not... Sounds like a pretty nice situation to be in.

I hope that was more tongue in cheek than I took it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by efw

I hope that was more tongue in cheek than I took it.

Naw...I really do mean to set my mum on you.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

ps, and if you think that is normal behaviour then you are one weird-arse sort.

Page 14 of 42 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

450 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,088
Posts18,521,967
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.