Sweet have her pray for me. I need it!

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by efw

Really odd thing is it generally works, coincidence I suppose.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by efw

Your mother is a SAINT.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Spud
Originally Posted by efw

Your mother is a SAINT.

Yeah, good one sport...there is no way in hell that woman is a saint, or even saintly.

Like all of her ilk she has a curiously one-eyed view of the world where-upon anything not in pammy-world does not exist, a trait most of those lunatics share.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by efw

Your mother is a SAINT.

Yeah, good one sport...there is no way in hell that woman is a saint, or even saintly.

Like all of her ilk she has a curiously one-eyed view of the world where-upon anything not in pammy-world does not exist, a trait most of those lunatics share.
My mother was a woman of prayer. She was no lunatic. Some of her prayers were answered, too. Coincidence I suppose. Well she's been gone a year. Miss her.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My mother was a woman of prayer. She was no lunatic. Some of her prayers were answered, too. Coincidence I suppose. Well she's been gone a year. Miss her.

I shall probably miss mine when she is gone too, but at the moment I enjoy immensely annoying the living Christ out of her.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I shall probably miss mine when she is gone too, but at the moment I enjoy immensely annoying the living Christ out of her.
Then I'm guessing she'll just keep on a-prayin'.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

Do you understand that it began about 542 million years ago.....and that 542,000,000 years is much further in the past then then 6,000 years?

Like I observed, you're not going to explain it. If I was an evolutionist I would stay away from it also.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

If you pack of pricks don't give up on this I shall set my lunatic Christian mother upon you, the witch has her own prayer room and spends some four hours each day studying and praying.
Each week her and the rest of her lunatic coterie meet upon the local mountain overlooking the city she lives in and spends a couple of hours praying over the town and it's citizens.

Even that tosser Ringy-thingy seems quite normal when compared to her.

SO BEWARE...there are bigger nut-jobs out there than you!

YOU WIN, I SURRENDER! laugh laugh laugh I love you sense of humour.

Please ask to add me to her list.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
What you present is a long way from an "inerrant" word of God. If the Bible was truly the inerrant word of God, it wouldn't matter when it was written. You've helped establish that at least some of the Bible does not meet that description, now the question just become how much of it is in error and not to be takes as the literal work of God.

Christianity does not exist because of 'the Bible'...it's actually the other way around...'the Bible' exists because of the Christian faith.

Christianity made some incredibly great strides during the 300 or so years before 'the Bible' even existed. There was no Bible like we think of a Bible today; there was no Old Testament and New Testament put together so somebody could say "the Bible says." Christianity was not born on the back of "the Bible says." The Jewish scriptures were not even combined with the New Testament documents until around 350 A.D..

Before the OT and NT were combined and titled 'The Bible', Christianity had already replaced the pantheon of Roman, Barbarian, and most of the Egyptian gods, and was the state religion of the Roman Empire...!

And no one had ever held in their hand 'the Bible'. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd century Christians, who faced tremendous hardships, believed Jesus loved them *before* 'the Bible' told them so. They did not choose to follow Jesus because of an infallible Old Testament or a non-contradicting New Testament.

Many Christians feel compelled to defend 'the Bible' because to them, the only way to defend the Christian faith is to defend 'the Bible'. It is next to impossible to defend the entire Bible. Christianity does not hang by the thread of "the Bible tells me so."

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Scott F

YOU WIN, I SURRENDER! laugh laugh laugh I love you sense of humour.

Please ask to add me to her list.

Heh, I knew you would get it Scott, heck it even amused my lunatic mum.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think the universe is held together by lunatic mums. Give her a hug from me.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I normally do not even come to this section of the campfire. I grew weary of this thread early on and at about page 6 or 7, I fast forwarded to the reply section.

I do not consider myself a radical right Christian. I do believe that Christ is the son of God, sent by God to replace the failed sacrificial system that was established early on. I believe that salvation is in the belief and acceptance of Christ as my Savior.

I support mission work financially, but I personally do not try to impose my beliefs on you. Christ did instruct his followers to " go ye therefore preaching, teaching, and baptizing......." I do this vicariously, except at times when someone expresses an interest in knowing.

Christ also told his followers that if they were rejected, to stamp the dust off their sandals and leave. Christ offers the " water of life," but he never holds anyone down and pours it down them. God gave us a choice (Adam and Eve in the garden), why would I choose to deny anyone that choice.

Also note that the Constution denies the government the ability to establish a state religion, but at the same time allows citizens the ability to freely exercise the religion of their choice. It does not grant freedom from religion as some would suggest.

Post thought. As I understand Jeffersons writings, he believed in God, but was not sold on Christ....a Dietist.

Give God a chance. I see Him everywhere in nature. The birth of a child, in the grandeur of the Rocky Mountains, in the Deserts of the southwest, in the rivers and forests of the east, in the heavens at night, in the order of everything from the interval of the ocean waves, to the number of ears on a stalk of corn. This stuff didn't just happen.

God bless,

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 09/13/16.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Scott F
I think the universe is held together by lunatic mums. Give her a hug from me.

She is coming through on Monday on her way up to Queensland with her husband and two of her sisters that are travelling with her to visit my uncle.

Her husband Les is going to be stuck in that vehicle for three days travelling to Queensland and three days coming back, with three lunatic Christian sisters ranging from sixty to seventy years of age.

Les is a far stronger man than I with infinitely more patience.

ps, I asked him some years ago why he hadn't beaten her to death and that should he ever desire to do so I (and my siblings) would be pleased to offer him an alibi...he just smiled wistfully.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
there's that vicarious sacrifice thingy. hadn't heard that term in a spell. lot's of folks place various meanings on it.

on the subject of time, our brethren in the Hindu congregations says that the universe has no beginning and has no end, according to their understanding of the scriptures.

that is time is a man introduced idea or concept, and maybe it's a real thing. but to them the universe is infinite in that it goes on forever and has no end. it's hard for a school trained westerner to get our heads around such a concept. but the hindu's apparently take the time element out of it. that way there's no zero moment of beginning. but they do allow that the universe goes through cycles or ages, or periods. i don't know how to think about that. but, basically there's no beginning and no end. not to confuse anyone more about the quantum physics than many of us already are.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper,

Do you understand that it began about 542 million years ago.....and that 542,000,000 years is much further in the past then then 6,000 years?

Like I observed, you're not going to explain it. If I was an evolutionist I would stay away from it also.

I used to believe that there is some evidence of evolution until my very religious barber set me straight about 6 months ag0. He explained that the world is only 6000 years old and all those dinosaur fossils that have dug up were put there by atheists trying to disprove Creation. He said he knows for a fact that dinosaurs never existed. I wouldn't mind having a job burying fossils as long as you can use backhoes and bulldozers to do it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
No "vicarious sacrifice thingy." I support mission work through others who are better at it than I am. Over and out.

A final thought. What if the words of Christ are true? Do you want to bet eternity on it? Your choice. His invitation is open.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
why indeed are there so many different positional bets on eternity out there? it's a fair question. maybe everyone but me and my group are wrong? could you accept that as a possibility, or are many folks in denial or just wearing blinders?

i like the idea of a human/God whichever to take the place of the sacrificial bulls, sheep, goats, (hogs??), and heifers. but in the end, i don't think any less animal-based protein has been eaten because of the shift in perspective.

honestly, vicarious sacrifice has not been fully discussed, nor fully wrung out by the rank & file.

basically, in a word, it means that someone else dies for me, in my place. the problem in the Story is that a True God can't be kilt. we have to wire around that dilemma.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
victoro,

Maybe you would explain the Cambrian explosion to those who do not know.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Bottom line......Odin promised to deal with the frost giants. I haven't seen one, ever, in my part of the world. He apparently did His job!

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 15 of 42 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (308xray, 1_deuce, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 444afic, 17 invisible), 1,397 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,085
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.