-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 42 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 41 42
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Where does Paul quote the Gosphels, If they were written first, don't you think Paul would of known about then and quoted them?

As I recall, there was something of a rivalry going on, so why would he?

And... again.... what difference does it make as far as the chronology of the events?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Where does Paul quote the Gosphels, If they were written first, don't you think Paul would of known about then and quoted them?

As I recall, there was something of a rivalry going on, so why would he?

And... again.... what difference does it make as far as the chronology of the events?

If Paul regularly quoted the Gospels, it would be strong evidence the Gospels existed before his letters were written, but that is not the case, which supports the late gospel hypothesis.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Atheist = Non observant. Or: none so blind as them who refuse to see. Pick your poison

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by baltz526
Atheist = Non observant. Or: none so blind as them who refuse to see. Pick your poison

So you have observed a god?

Please elaborate.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Please elaborate.

God is seen through spiritual eyes. When you close your mind, you also close your spiritual eyes, which explains your condition.

A man can also fit himself with blinders so that he sees only a fragment of God. That fragment may be enough to obtain eternal salvation but deprives the man of God's help throughout his physical life. It's usually called "narrow minded".

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Please elaborate.

God is seen through spiritual eyes. When you close your mind, you also close your spiritual eyes, which explains your condition.

A man can also fit himself with blinders so that he sees only a fragment of God. That fragment may be enough to obtain eternal salvation but deprives the man of God's help throughout his physical life. It's usually called "narrow minded".

I call them defeated Christians. The lives they live now will be no different from the lives of the unsaved.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I know what you mean about the differences between the O T and the N T. Some of each were, I believe, definitely inspired by God.

It's just too obvious to miss a lot of political agenda in the writing of the Old Testament and in the writing AND selection of the New.

The O T Jews saw religion and government as being one and the same. Imagine the atrocities our present government could visit on the populace if all they had to do was say;"Thus saith the Lord" and that was the end of the matter.

A man can't fault Paul, a legalistic Jew, for being unable to accept the idea of a new type of "church" wherein Jesus would deal with His adherents directly, via the Holy Spirit, rather than thru a Priesthood or a body of Elders. So...... Paul gave us most all of our "theology".

As far as "selection" goes, I think it is telling that ONLY the KJV has the "and these Three are One." addition to the verse about The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

To insist that ALL the "bible" is without error and true in all respects is insulting to those portions that are deserving of that status.

The God that would depend on frail humans to transmit His wishes to all the rest of humanity would be a much smaller God than the one I know. THAT God would truly be "the Author of confusion". grin

Marconites saw the Old and New testaments as belonging to two completely different religions.

well, actually, now that you mention it.....

not many folks believe the Jews (taken as followers of the OT) will make it into heaven unless they change their ways, and follow the God of the NT.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Gus
I know what you mean about the differences between the O T and the N T. Some of each were, I believe, definitely inspired by God.

It's just too obvious to miss a lot of political agenda in the writing of the Old Testament and in the writing AND selection of the New.

The O T Jews saw religion and government as being one and the same. Imagine the atrocities our present government could visit on the populace if all they had to do was say;"Thus saith the Lord" and that was the end of the matter.

A man can't fault Paul, a legalistic Jew, for being unable to accept the idea of a new type of "church" wherein Jesus would deal with His adherents directly, via the Holy Spirit, rather than thru a Priesthood or a body of Elders. So...... Paul gave us most all of our "theology".

As far as "selection" goes, I think it is telling that ONLY the KJV has the "and these Three are One." addition to the verse about The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

To insist that ALL the "bible" is without error and true in all respects is insulting to those portions that are deserving of that status.

The God that would depend on frail humans to transmit His wishes to all the rest of humanity would be a much smaller God than the one I know. THAT God would truly be "the Author of confusion". grin

Marconites saw the Old and New testaments as belonging to two completely different religions.

not many folks believe the Jews (taken as followers of the OT) will make it into heaven unless they change their ways, and follow the God of the NT.

They are the same God. OT Jews just don't accept Jesus. Without accepting Jesus there can be no salvation. Even the OT sacrifices were only representations of Jesus and his sacrifice.

To not accept Jesus as the sacrifice would be like a person only accepting counterfeit money while refusing the accept the gold which the real money was based on.It would be like doing this while everyone was trying to tell you that the money you would accept was counterfeit, showing you where and how it was made,and pleading with you to exchange it for gold while there was still time.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Please elaborate.

Agree with the spritual thing, but I see God every day of my life. I guess I just know where to look.

Psalm 19New International Version (NIV)

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
3 They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.
4 Yet their voice[b] goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is deprived of its warmth.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Ok. New poster here. Long time reader.

The Bible is the inspired word of God. Paul was the murderer of christians made anew by God. After being reborn he said the Lord stretched out his hand and touched his mouth and said "behold, I have put my words in your mouth".
How long did science believe the world flat while the bible said it was round? Job 26.10, Prov 8.27, Amos 9:6.

The water cycle was not understood until 30 bc by Marcus Vitruvius yet all aspects of the water cycle described it as later proven by modern science in Job 26:8, Amos 9.6, Eccl 1.6-7, etc.

If a lady kissed a frog and it became a prince, it would be called a fairy tail, but if supposedly an amoeba transformed into a man over millions of years, its called evolution. Why are there no inbetween animals. All living creatures can reproduce only their own kind and cant interbreed and form a new viable strain as confirmed in the bible.

I know God lives because he lives in my heart. He made me different than i used to be.

Mojo, in the coming heaven and hell, people wont drown. So, you wish it were that way now? You wish we had not been given free reign by God. Thats rather progressive.

Describing what its like to have Christ in me would be akin to telling an old virgin how great it is to have sex.

Flame on.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/15/16.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Gus

They are the same God. OT Jews just don't accept Jesus. Without accepting Jesus there can be no salvation. Even the OT sacrifices were only representations of Jesus and his sacrifice.

To not accept Jesus as the sacrifice would be like a person only accepting counterfeit money while refusing the accept the gold which the real money was based on.It would be like doing this while everyone was trying to tell you that the money you would accept was counterfeit, showing you where and how it was made,and pleading with you to exchange it for gold while there was still time.

i think that's just what i said, but in fewer words.

then with the Big Three Monotheistic religions, i.e. judaism, christianity there's that third pesky part, the Muslims. and their pronunciation of God as Allah in the aramaic languate. ol Abraham certainly left a mark on the world when he walked through it. but life goes on.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

Please elaborate.

So you really can't answer the question. If you had really seen a God you would be able to describe that God. If I remember right from Sunday school we're supposed to have been created in God's image so is God a man/woman or both? Have you also seen the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus? My parents finally told me that those were just for fun but they never told me that the God/Jesus story is also a fairy tale. Do you believe on other ghosts besides the Holy Ghost? By the way your God doesn't help anybody and unless you have your body rocketed into outer space when you die your body will return to the Earth just like the rest of us mortals.

Last edited by victoro; 09/15/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Between you and J G Raider I'm sure I'll get straightened out by the end of this thread.

Seriously..... do you really think that a man who claims to see God is gonna be dissuaded by an internet idiot?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've never seen God, to my knowledge.

However, in my 51 years I've seen a few things that led me to no other conclusion than, the universe is a strange place, beyond the ability of my senses to fully experience- much less comprehend- and my mind to fully grasp. Particularly, I think there's level of interconnectedness that goes beyond anything our modern science can explain.

That's a really far cry from worshipping a Christian, or Muslim, or Jewish, or Buddhist "God" and this is where I part ways with those who do accept such an institutionalized and personified "God". And it's a big parting of ways, because it's one thing to believe there's spiritual things afoot in the world, but entirely another thing to accept an entire hierarchical and CLEARLY "invented by man" system of rules, beliefs, laws, customs, and so on. In other words, "a religion".

Where the rubber meets the road is in cases where public policy cleaves to religious beliefs or to religions themselves. To me, this is very dangerous territory and is to be opposed. In America this manifests in various ways that we don't need to rehash now. In some other countries, religion essentially IS government, and it ain't a good thing. In America we've somewhat codified the separation of the two and I am rabidly against the US government becoming any more a tool of Christianity than it already is. Not because Christianity is evil per se; but rather because the conjoining of government and religion is both stupid public policy and immensely corrupting to both entities, Government and Religion.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Talk about unconnected? The universe is strange? Neither more so than a freee man supporting liberal, progressive, moslem loving, christianophobe traitors I guess.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/15/16.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Between you and J G Raider I'm sure I'll get straightened out by the end of this thread.

Seriously..... do you really think that a man who claims to see God is gonna be dissuaded by an internet idiot?

I doubt anybody will be straightened out by the end of this thread. You have made it clear that some religious people like yourself see anybody who doesn't agree with them is either narrow minded or is just an idiot. I guess that's because you don't have any logical reasons for your beliefs other than being taught that if you don't believe in God he'll burn you in Hell for eternity, I heard that a lot in church while growing up.

Last edited by victoro; 09/15/16.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Hey cur....make no mistake, I'm not in business to straighten anyone out, including you. I've got my own self to deal with. I've meant no disrespect towards you, and if taken that way I apologize.

You are exactly right about persuading people, especially internet idiot scientists. Then again, they won't exactly dissuade me either.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by victoro

I doubt anybody will be straightened out by the end of this thread. You have made it clear that some religious people like yourself see anybody who doesn't agree with them is either narrow minded or is just an idiot. I guess that's because you don't have any logical reasons for your beliefs other than being taught that if you don't believe in God he'll burn you in Hell for eternity, I heard that a lot in church while growing up.

Someday we'll see who's right then won't we victoro? I don't see you or your like as and idiot, just ignorant, misguided, and foolish.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MojoHand
"Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world..."
[Linked Image]

I struggle with stuff like this too.

The issue of pain and suffering and injustice in the world is a big problem, for many people, when it comes to maintaining faith in God. Many people have stepped back from God because of their inability to reconcile the pain and suffering and injustice in the world with a 'good and loving' God. And I can understand that. There's a lot of tension between God and pain, God and injustice, God and sorrow, and God and devastation in the world...and how we resolve those issues with a 'good and loving' God.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by victoro

Someday we'll see who's right then won't we victoro? I don't see you or your like as and idiot, just ignorant, misguided, and foolish.

JGRaider I see you and your like exactly the same way but I mean that in a nice way just like I'm sure you and curdog do.

Page 18 of 42 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 8MMX57JS, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 874 guests, and 833 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,109
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.