Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 42 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 41 42
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Of course I do.

Let's just assume you have kids. You're betting the life of you and your children that you are right, as likely your children follow the same path as you.

Like I say, some day we'll see. If I'm wrong, I haven't lost anything. Can you say that?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess that's because you don't have any logical reasons for your beliefs other than being taught that if you don't believe in God he'll burn you in Hell for eternity, I heard that a lot in church while growing up.

First off..... I shouldn't have used the word "idiot", I meant it in a generic sense, not you personally, nevertheless I do apologize to you.

With THAT out of the way, I'll say you need to get your "guesser" overhauled because you could not have pegged me more wrong. I've posted on many of these type threads the following:

I believe that every man, if he is to experience all that God has to offer, must come to terms with his Creator AFTER the man becomes an adult. His belief in God will not sustain him when calamity strikes if he doesn't consider the possibility that God DOESN'T exist. Clinging to a childhood idea of God is far from meeting the Creator.

A God incapable of revealing Himself to me is of no use to me. But the Creator of all that is absolutely can reveal himself to His only rational creature, Man.

BUT, the Man has to cast aside ALL his preconceptions of who God is and ASK, not demand. That's why so many don't do it until all their human resources have failed them.

A lot of bible thumpers take issue with this approach, saying that Satan might show up, and that proves my point about childhood ideas of God. They even throw out bible verses to back up their claim.

On the one hand, they claim there is only One God, and on the other hand they are afraid an honest seeker may find the "wrong" God.

And they don't believe me when I say that this Christian life is the only easy life I've known.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Of course I do.

Let's just assume you have kids. You're betting the life of you and your children that you are right, as likely your children follow the same path as you.

Like I say, some day we'll see. If I'm wrong, I haven't lost anything. Can you say that?

I was just kidding about you meaning your condescending remarks in a nice way. Religious people are usually pretty vicious and self righteous when you don't agree with them. I do have kids and Grandkids and I never told them anything about religion and especially that they would burn in Hell for eternity if they weren't true believers like yourself. Anybody that tells a child something like that is guilty of child abuse. I let my kids make their own choices and they both grew up to be very caring moral adults and are great parents. Whether they are religious or not had nothing to do with the way they turned out. I can accept that the life we have on this Earth is all there is and don't worry about having an afterlife or burning in Hell after I die. I've had a great life so far and have no regrets.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You need to drop the religious thing. Muslims are religious too, ya know?

What if you're wrong though? You didn't answer that.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

My answer is another question. What if you're wrong? I'm not worried about going to Heaven or Hell. Muslims believe they're right too and that you belong in Hell. They want to kill you so you'll you get there as soon as possible. All religions are cults, some are just worse than others.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Not teaching your children about religion and God doesn't give them the tools to make an informed decision. Withholding valuable information in order to hide the truth or obfuscate reality so that it doesn't interfere with your world view doesn't promote knowledge, it fosters ignorance. That ignorance doesn't make you or your kids or grandkids enlightened, it makes them ignorant and it makes you guilty of child neglect. 😉

It's quite common for atheists to have high opinions of themselves, because their ignorance is so all encompassing they can't comprehend the totality of their ignorance thereby falsely affirming their superiority.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by victoro

My answer is another question. What if you're wrong? I'm not worried about going to Heaven or Hell. Muslims believe they're right too and that you belong in Hell. They want to kill you so you'll you get there as soon as possible. All religions are cults, some are just worse than others.

If I'm wrong, then I've lost nothing. Already state that.

Now answer my question with an answer if you don't mind....what if I'm right and you're wrong?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Not teaching your children about religion and God doesn't give them the tools to make an informed decision. Withholding valuable information in order to hide the truth or obfuscate reality so that it doesn't interfere with your world view doesn't promote knowledge, it fosters ignorance. That ignorance doesn't make you or your kids or grandkids enlightened, it makes them ignorant and it makes you guilty of child neglect. 😉

It's quite common for atheists to have high opinions of themselves, because their ignorance is so all encompassing they can't comprehend the totality of their ignorance thereby falsely affirming their superiority.

Agree with everything you said.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That is a fun and profound post. It comes up to the level of what I posted from .com history the other day.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
this whole thread is beginning to take on the cast of dereliction of duty if the relevant parents don't take on the std isue religion of the society and nationality into which they were borne. the hindus by extension has an obligation to speak to their children about the availability of lord ganesh. the buddhists speak to the buddha consciousness, YHWH followers to him, jesus followers, allah followers all have their internalized logics that they believe and are willing to die for (well, some might be willing to die, others not so much).

did the ancient Christians do good forcing the native americans to be forced to adopt christianity. how about the jews being forced to jian up with the christians. how about the muslims that will sharpen their knives if they run into heathens that won't convert.

whew, there's lot's to speak about here.

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Really?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

Of course you do!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Of course you do!

Why wouldn't he? Isn't that your position? Don't you completely dismiss billions of believers over the last 4000 years or slightly more? Don't you consider yourself as smarter and more enlightened than all of them?

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

Now answer my question with an answer if you don't mind....what if I'm right and you're wrong?

I won't lose anything if I'm wrong. Being the true believer you're the one that has something to lose. You might go to that real hot place for eternity.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

I have you on ignore for good reason but are you still in that mental institution? You still sound dangerous to me. I think they let you out too soon.

Last edited by victoro; 09/15/16.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I won't lose anything if I'm wrong. Being the true believer you're the one that has something to lose. You might go to that real hot place for eternity.

That's where you are wrong. On the day of judgement there are only two groups, the saved who will spend eternity with God and the lost who will be cast out into darkness. There is no third group who are just on their own.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Just believing in something doesn't make it a fact.

Of course you do!

Why wouldn't he? Isn't that your position? Don't you completely dismiss billions of believers over the last 4000 years or slightly more? Don't you consider yourself as smarter and more enlightened than all of them?

Just because you believe in something doesn't make it a fact. Facts are not created by majorities.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

That's where you are wrong. On the day of judgement there are only two groups, the saved who will spend eternity with God and the lost who will be cast out into darkness. There is no third group who are just on their own.

Please prove this

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I don't deride the bible, Ricky........ that's what we have Antelope Sniper for.

But I don't consider it as "the foundation of my faith" either.

It seems like a lot of Christians view the bible almost the same way Muslims consider the Koran, and I see that as wrong. God didn't make the bible sacred........ people do.
I agree that the Bible has it's place in a believers life. Many people in third world countries have been saved and live better lives for the Lord than most of the churched in the West and have never held a Bible, nor could they read it if they had one.

Sorry if I took you wrong, Gene. I've never doubted what side of the corral you'll be on.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Sounds like a few "christians" as well.

Replace the word ignorance with arrogance and you just described a lot of "christians" to a tee.

Page 19 of 42 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (8MMX57JS, Akhutr, ak_Rick, 9 invisible), 908 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,101
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.