Page 28 of 42 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 41 42
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Adam's sin created a situation where it would be impossible for anyone to live without sin. It changed the nature of man to desire sin.

Why didn't God just change it back? He did in the only way possible without going back on his word.

Really? A God that spoke a universe into existence had only one way possible?

Are you implying that God's omnipotency has limitations?

Yes. He is just.

And there is only one way to be just?

Remember the Genesis Flood? Save for the few lives on Noah's Ark, all terrestrial life was killed to sate God's blood thirsty wrath. Was that just? Among the billion humans alive then, I would suspect there was at least one innocent unborn.

Last edited by carbon12; 09/18/16. Reason: uuuuurp
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Adam's sin created a situation where it would be impossible for anyone to live without sin. It changed the nature of man to desire sin.

Why didn't God just change it back? He did in the only way possible without going back on his word.

Yes. He is just.
Neither can He lie. His Grace has no limit but is sufficient, full, abundant, and offers salvation for all.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
To Fight Climate Change Attorney General Eric Schneiderman Deputizes Thought Police.
Schneiderman ... that's an Italian name, isn't it?

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by antlers
I am granting that for those that believe, God exists.

I don't grant that God's justice is always just.

Nor do I...it sure doesn't seem like it.

If anyone had a reason to question God because of His injustice, it was Jesus. The man who stands at the center of the Christian faith was treated extraordinarily unfairly. The man who taught us that all people have inherent value was unjustly executed. The man whose definition of 'good' and 'just' informs our definitions of good and just was treated extremely unjustly.

Well put.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Know God and you will know His law is not only just but also abundantly Gracious.[/b]

Indeed it is.

What is the penalty for the pederast-rapist who raped your unbetrothed virgin daughter?

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Would you and/or your daughter be content with that? Would you allow a pederast-rapist son-in-law into your family?

It does seem semi-gracious to the rapist though.

I'm a little disappointed in you. You're using the same tactic as Antelope Sniper........... you shackle your opponent to the bible, no matter what he posts. Here is Ricky's post you replied to and you'll find no reference to the bible in it:

"Maybe not in your eyes, but then you don't know the God many of us do. Man always has to comply with the laws of the law givers, in all areas of his existence. That includes political law by other men, laws of nature, laws of longevity, and spiritual law. Know God and you will know His law is not only just but also abundantly Gracious.[b]"

It just could be that Ricky WAS thinking of some scripture when he wrote his post. Something like : "I will write my Law on their hearts... ."

[ but He equipped us with an eraser ]

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
curdog4570

It just could be that Ricky WAS thinking of some scripture when he wrote his post. Something like : "I will write my Law on their hearts... ."

[ but He equipped us with an eraser ]

Very good post.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IF I thought you were an honest seeker - and I was shackled to the Bible - I'd ask you to consider a Creator God who runs the Universe on two basic principles :

Absolute Justice

Absolute Mercy

In the unavoidable collision of these incompatible principles, He satisfies His Justice AND His Mercy by standing in the Dock for Humanity.

That is of course, if you accept the vicarious sacrifice deal. I personally believe that the vicarious sacrifice angle is but a shadow of what Jesus's death actually accomplished.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Yes. He is just.

And there is only one way to be just?

Remember the Genesis Flood? Save for the few lives on Noah's Ark, all terrestrial life was killed to sate God's blood thirsty wrath. Was that just? Among the billion humans alive then, I would suspect there was at least one innocent unborn.

Yes,I think there is only one way to be just. Justice must be an absolute,otherwise is is only a compromise. Men deal in compromise,God deals in absolutes.

You look at the flood with your mind already made up about God.Otherwise you wouldn't slander someone you do not know. The problem is that you have been fooled by the real enemy to think that God is the enemy. Satan laughs at you as you slander and rave against your only hope for help.

I also have my mind made up about God,but in contrast to you,I see God as just and good. What I see in the flood is the salvation of man. I see God making a way for men to be saved and pleading with them for around a 100 years before judgement came. Then ,just as now, men ignored the pleadings and scoffed at the messenger.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Curdog, Your perceptions of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit seem to be way above what a casual believer and Bible reader, such as I, would percieve.

May I ask if your precepts originate from the Bible or possibly from your own feelings, observations, contemplations, or revelations?

I mean, am I missing things in scripture due to a normal IQ?

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/18/16.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First off, anything I've posted which interested you was certainly not due to a high I Q. I'm pretty sure a couple[at least a couple] of our Atheist members are far above me in that respect.

I've discovered that if I bring any honest question to God, He either answers it, or removes the question from my mind so that I'm not troubled by it anymore. In cases where He satisfied my question with an "answer", I share those on the off chance it might help someone else. Of course I'm aware that the "answer" was directed to me and may not fit everyone.

But, and I emphasize this, my initial questioning has to be for my own edification, not just curiosity or a desire to impress someone.

There was a period when I did quite a lot of bible study. I can see now that it was mainly just mental masturbation, but it was helpful in that I sometimes get my "answer" in a suddenly remembered passage of scripture. Most often, it's just an idea that floats up from somewhere or maybe while visiting with someone on a totally unrelated topic, they will make a comment.

If we take the O.T. literally, we wind up with a god much smaller than the Entity that created all there is. Our mind is not capable of comprehending a self-existent Entity not bound by time or space. I think we are better off just recognizing that fact rather than to assign to Him human emotions and personality.

Beyond offering that, I can only say that in examining the one set of data available to me in its entirety - myself - God is gradually being revealed and all I can say is that the bible makes Him out to be much too small.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
curdog4570,

all I can say is that the bible makes Him out to be much too small.

The Bible makes God out to be Infinite. How can a God be more than Infinite?

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
curdog4570,

The Bible make God out to be Infinite. How can a God be more than Infinite?

The book of Genesis was not conceived by an infinite mind, but a small, finite, bronze age mind.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
What I see in the flood is the salvation of man.

That about that for a minute, and about just how twisted your morality has become.

You consider the deliberate murder of every person on the face of the earth, except 8, to be a good and just thing.

In the Bible, how many people did Satan actually kill?

How many did your god kill?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Using religious text to show an idea to an atheist, is like trying to strain spaghetti with a base ball bat. It is the atheists free will to not seek god. It is your free will that allows you to seek god. Bickering about each others free will is a waste of both of your time. If a person is unwilling to seek, that person will never find.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
curdog4570,

The book of Genesis was not conceived by an infinite mind, but a small, finite, bronze age mind.

You start with the idea you know all about this subject. You start with the idea the Bible is not Truth but written by a bronze age mind and then conclude it was written by a bronze age mind. And yet you missed the part where the bronze age mind states God starts with nothing and calls everything that is into being; including time, space and matter. That is an Infinite Intelligent Energy Source we call God.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by baltz526
Using religious text to show an idea to an atheist, is like trying to strain spaghetti with a base ball bat. It is the atheists free will to not seek god. It is your free will that allows you to seek god. Bickering about each others free will is a waste of both of your time. If a person is unwilling to seek, that person will never find.

I sought, and there was no evidence.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
curdog4570,

You start with the idea you know all about this subject. You start with the idea the Bible is not Truth but written by a bronze age mind and then conclude it was written by a bronze age mind. And yet you missed the part where the bronze age mind states God starts with nothing and calls everything that is into being; including time, space and matter. That is an Infinite Intelligent Energy Source we call God.

You are completely wrong about my starting point, and how I studied this subject. But you know that, because we've discussed this before.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That about that for a minute, and about just how twisted your morality has become.

You consider the deliberate murder of every person on the face of the earth, except 8, to be a good and just thing.

You constantly anthropomorphise God. You forget or are willfully ignorant that we are created clay pots and God is the Creator Potter Who can play with His toys in any way He desires without answering to His toys. God constantly teaches, "Do what I say not what I do. My ways are higher than yours."

I do agree with you about Who does the killing and who does the begging of position. There is no record of Satan killing anyone and lots of information about God killing; including His Only Begotten Son. Even the Pass Over was instituted by God when He killed those who did not obey and wipe blood on the door. He said, "When I see the blood I will pass." It makes no sense to me, but at least I realize I am the toy.

Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I'm a little disappointed in you. ..... you shackle your opponent to the bible, no matter what he posts. Here is Ricky's post you replied to and you'll find no reference to the bible in it:

Did not God grant his believers free will? If a Christian is shackled to the Bible, it is because they willingly put the shackles on themselves.

Your disappointment is misplaced.

It has not gone unnoticed that you have chosen to cavort in life shackle free.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

That's really interesting. First you state that God doesn't exist,while at the same time accusing him of murder. Your position is that the flood never happened,yet God is guilty of killing innocents because of it. If you want to argue your position from a fairy tale,you must at least not edit the fairy tail to fit your position.

You need to remember that the Bible,says that man had become evil to the extreme.Even in that God saved the just,and had the just man preach righteousness for 100 years to the scoffers.

Page 28 of 42 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 55 invisible), 2,089 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,087
Posts18,521,946
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.