Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 42 of 42 1 2 40 41 42
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

Matthew:
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

You constantly reject the chronology in the Bible.

Ephesians 2:13-16
"But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity."

Colossians 2:13-14
"When you were dead [a]in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Romans 7:4,6; 10:4
"Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Redistribution... in its earliest form.

Give me food, or you burn forever.

The Best Scam EVER!!!

Will you document this assertion, please? I don't thinke the Jews were taught Hell like Christians are.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper,

Matthew:
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

"But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity."

"When you were dead [a]in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

"Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

Nowhere in your quotes do I see where "the heavens and earth have passed".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
(
Idaho_Shooter,

You sound like a Seventh Day Adventist. If so you belong to an organization that at least used to say Jesus is Michael the Arc angel.

No, I hold no religious affiliation. Read again my earliest posts in this tbread.

I was taught History of the Old Testament by a Jewish lady in a Presbyterian college. I took Bible Studies for months with LDS missionaries, and yes, as a youth, I attended an SDA church with my family.

I can take none of those teachings as absolute truth. Logic dictates there are serious flaws with the teachings of any religious organization I have been exposed to.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Redistribution... in its earliest form.

Give me food, or you burn forever.

The Best Scam EVER!!!

Will you document this assertion, please? I don't thinke the Jews were taught Hell like Christians are.

You are correct. The above quote involves a little conflation of the Old and New Testaments, but the principle still applies.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
(
Idaho_Shooter,

You sound like a Seventh Day Adventist. If so you belong to an organization that at least used to say Jesus is Michael the Arc angel.

No, I hold no religious affiliation. Read again my earliest posts in this tbread.

I was taught History of the Old Testament by a Jewish lady in a Presbyterian college. I took Bible Studies for months with LDS missionaries, and yes, as a youth, I attended an SDA church with my family.

I can take none of those teachings as absolute truth. Logic dictates there are serious flaws with the teachings of any religious organization I have been exposed to.

Which one did you consider the most consistent with your perception of The Truth, and how much of that belief system did you consider inconsistent with The Truth?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

Matthew:

Apparently you missed the first part of the Verse you quoted: "till all be fulfilled."

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
(
Idaho_Shooter,

Do you still believe in "unclean" food? Do you accept if you break one of the Laws you are guilty of all?

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
antelope_sniper,

Matthew:

Apparently you missed the first part of the Verse you quoted: "till all be fulfilled."

You misses the other condition....And all is not revealed, you missed the whole last book of the Bible.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/24/16.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

The above quote involves a little conflation of the Old and New Testaments, but the principle still applies.

Not to me. It's the same as the Christians trying to prove something without support from Gods' Word.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Which one did you consider the most consistent with your perception of The Truth, and how much of that belief system did you consider inconsistent with The Truth?

I find the teachings of the SDA church to at least be the most consistent with the words written in the Bible.

As to what I consider to be the Truth?

I have not been bashful in stating that I have no faith. I hold no belief in the supernatural.

I believe that most men need the comfort which comes from a belief in something greater than their mere mortal existence.

And I believe all religions have been created by men to exploit that need.

At least ancient Judaism had the benefit of securing the health and well being of the tribe. It was the most benign, at least to the Jews, of any religion I am aware of.

I do thoroughly enjoying discussions such as this thread. As I love to explore the belief system of others.

I hope none have felt slighted by my questions or comments, as that is never my intention. I deeply respect those with deep religious convictions when they live by those convictions. As I am sure the major contributors to this thread do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you subscribe to a particular denomination Ringman will tell you it is the wrong one.

If you exercise your free will in deciding what to believe, he will tell you that you are following Satan.

He wants you to buy his book and then you will be "saved".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Do you still believe in "unclean" food? Do you accept if you break one of the Laws you are guilty of all?

I believe that both are consistent with Scripture. If I believed in an immortal soul and that the Bible were an instrument of an actual God, I would be compelled to accept those practices as necessary to salvation.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I find the teachings of the SDA church to at least be the most consistent with the words written in the Bible.

As to what I consider to be the Truth?

I have not been bashful in stating that I have no faith. I hold no belief in the supernatural.

I believe that most men need the comfort which comes from a belief in something greater than their mere mortal existence.

And I believe all religions have been created by men to exploit that need.

At least ancient Judaism had the benefit of securing the health and well being of the tribe. It was the most benign, at least to the Jews, of any religion I am aware of.

I do thoroughly enjoying discussions such as this thread. As I love to explore the belief system of others.

I hope none have felt slighted by my questions or comments, as that is never my intention. I deeply respect those with deep religious convictions when they live by those convictions. As I am sure the major contributors to this thread do.

I can respect that.

A few years ago while I was in school as a result of a project I have a very rich data set covering economic data for every country in the world. I thought it would be fun to throw in religion as a variable and see what happened.

In terms of per capital GDP Atheist scored the best, with Judaism coming in second well ahead of third place, Christianity. Of the major religions, Islam came in last, just ahead of head hunters, and people who throw virgins into volcano's.

Beliefs matter. The more false beliefs a civilization follows, the worse their quality of life.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/24/16.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Another interesting data set is a study of the life expectancy of members of the SDA and LDS churches compared to the national norm.

My SDA Grand Parents lived to their mid nineties. It looks like my Aunt and Uncle who are devout Adventists will do the same. Whereas their sisters who departed the church at an early age are all dead and buried in their mid to late 70'S.

Anecdotal at best, I know. But there are statistics to suggest there is a definite benefit to their lifestyle.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
IS,

One of the most powerful variables for life expectancy is Marriage. People who marry and stay married tend to live the longest. Changing or exiting faiths can be disruptive to relationships, so that could be a factor in your observations as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus is to be experienced, not learned.

There was a time I could tell you all about God... what He would or would not do. But I couldn't tell you one damn thing He ever did for me.

Now..... I wouldn't spend one minute trying to convince anyone that God even exists. But I could fill a good sized book with what He has done for me.

A man that denies his own Spiritual self is cursed.

A man that lets his Spiritual self dictate his actions is blessed.

I'm blessed.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Am I to conclude then that you believe all OT and NT commandments must be obeyed to achieve salvation? [/quote]

Matthew:
5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. [/quote]

5:18 Yes,the law could not pass away "till all be fulfilled". Jesus fulfilled all the law though. He was the only man to walk without sin and obey all the law. His obedience fulfilled all the requirements of the law so that every person"in him" has fulfilled the requirements.

5:19 I never said to teach disobedience. I said the commandments would help anyone to live a better life. I only said your salvation was not dependent on them.

5:20 The only way for a person's righteousness to be greater than the scribes and Pharisees is to have the righteousness of Christ,to be "in Christ",one with him. The scribes and Pharisees were operating in their own righteousness,in how well they could keep the law and commandments. This statement of Jesus was astonishing because the people knew what extreme lengths the Scribes and Pharisees went to keep the law.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 09/24/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Of course by "thy Neighbor" he meant other Jews,

Whew....... since the meaning of "Neighbor" in that Commandment has been debated for centuries, it's good to finally have it settled.... right here on the innanet.

Antelope Sniper... often wrong, never in doubt.

Page 42 of 42 1 2 40 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

147 members (2UP, 1eyedmule, 44mc, 3333vl, 308ld, 35, 11 invisible), 1,532 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,772
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.