-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 43 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 42 43
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh crap, you ARE a pi$$Y moron, I shoulda read more of the thread first...

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bikers are sort of like the British with that air of arrogance. But besides that, I don't have any problems with you bicyclists.

....even if most of you are gay or gay-like.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
The out of state dumb [bleep] like to ride on our 70 mph highways.

The same highways loaded with a bunch of grain trucks not to mention 'traffic'.

Complete and utter stupidity.

It should be illegal.

YES!

I have no idea why Highway 2 is not greasy with bicyclists.

I had a buddy chase one into the ditch with a swather. Not intentionally, just happened that way.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most riders have the elitist mentality that they are more virtuous than you! I hug the fog line, wear ear buds and listen to the radio! No helmet - after 63.9 years, what's the difference?
Two or more and they drive down county roads side by side 'til someone comes up from behind. I honk my horn and swear at the axxholes - its a violation of state law.

Yep on all counts. If get hit, I figure its ALWAYS gonna be my fault, and ride with that mindset.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sidewalks are a dangerous place for bicycles.

Depends on the road, and depends on the sidewalk.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've only skimmed through the thread so may have missed it, but have we started bitchin' about Christian cyclists yet?

Added: Never mind, I see they're doing that on the why does everybody hate Christians thread.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Why a 300 pound middle age lard ass in spandex thinks he is entitled and safe to ride on busy rural roads that logging trucks frequent is beyond me. Hwy 49 here in NC is a grease slick waiting to happen.

By law that person is entitled to use that road. As a motorist I have encountered bicyclists on those kind of roads and have found them easy to go around. Do you have a hard time getting around them?

I have not read the entire thread so I do not know if this has been addressed, but I am not so sure that a bicyclist is entitled to use the road...maybe in some areas (especially cities with established bike lanes and such) but to legally use roads they need to maintain a safe speed, have brake lights/signals or use the hand signals.

People riding their bikes doing 10 MPH right on the white line of a 60 MPH highway piss me the [bleep] off. I have to get in the opposing lane to safely pass them. If a car is coming the other way, I have to slow ways the [bleep] down.

If they'd stay in established bike lanes or well out of the way of regular traffic I wouldn't have any issue with bike riders. I have a HUGE problem with them the way I normally see them doing their thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H0w to make friends

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
There's a reason bicyclists are scorned across the country. Some people just refuse to see why and instead get on the internet and cry about it.

Spell it out for the "slower" folks that like to dress up and play with bikes on the highway.

They're a PITA on roads designed for automobiles, too slow, and often hog the lane creating passing hazards.

They're arrogant, feel entitled, inconsiderate, self-absorbed, passive aggressive (as opposed to outright aggressive like the motorists they piss off), elitists, and let's admit it, they look ridiculous in spandex outfits with a little foam helmet.

They're what's wrong with American values. Them and Walmart people.

Nailed it.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Quoting yourself is way under rated.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
The biggest takeaway from this thread is that a fella that calls himself "muffin" apparently prefers bulging peckers and micro quads.

I love the Campfire!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Redneck

That person is a grade A cockhole.
Probably - but it's still funny as hell.. laugh laugh

Besides, compared to riding a bicycle in China one would think THAT Cummins smoke is as fresh as a newly blooming tulip..

Not true. There are indeed areas where the air is really bad - Beijing, Guangzhou etc...

But I did 20km in 39:10 last night on my mountain bike, riding here in Haikou. The air is comparable to the USA. It's the most densely populated area on the island. Everywhere else the air is even better.

As for the whole of this thread - All I have to say is "Man, 1st world problems." I'll have to grab some video some time of the electric scooter traffic here. Mind-blowing. Yet, life manages to somehow go on in spite of the utter chaos...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm going to go off topic and rant at joggers around here too. WTF is it all about jogging in the street when there is a sidewalk and even nicely groomed DG paths.
Are they bicyclists that got a flat and don't know how to fix it?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by smarquez
I'm going to go off topic and rant at joggers around here too. WTF is it all about jogging in the street when there is a sidewalk and even nicely groomed DG paths.
Are they bicyclists that got a flat and don't know how to fix it?

must one jog with a DG rifle on the DG path?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Unless a drunk drove through the fence cows aren't allowed on 2 or 13.

Keep googling.

The part of 13 I pulled up south of the Indian Reservation had cows on it.

You also initially referred to it as an interstate.

You are full of chit sport.

Now that you are sober, do you want to quote where I called it an interstate?

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Most riders have the elitist mentality that they are more virtuous than you! I hug the fog line, wear ear buds and listen to the radio! No helmet - after 63.9 years, what's the difference?
Two or more and they drive down county roads side by side 'til someone comes up from behind. I honk my horn and swear at the axxholes - its a violation of state law.

Yep on all counts. If get hit, I figure its ALWAYS gonna be my fault, and ride with that mindset.

The best way to get away with murder is to run over a bicyclist. If the motorist is sober, it's all but guaranteed there won't be any legal action taken at all. I ride defensively and courteously. It's served me well so far.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Unless a drunk drove through the fence cows aren't allowed on 2 or 13.

Keep googling.

The part of 13 I pulled up south of the Indian Reservation had cows on it.

You also initially referred to it as an interstate.

You are full of chit sport.

Now that you are sober, do you want to quote where I called it an interstate?

Originally Posted by deflave
If you take pleasure in riding a bicycle on Route 2 through the state of Montana, you are an idiot.

Dave

Why is that Clark? It runs parallel to an interstate. I would think all the traffic in a hurry would be on the interstate. I examined a long stretch on google satellite and it was generally straight with wide lanes and a small stretch of shoulder. I would imagine that there are places it goes through mountain passes where the sightlines are limited and the road narrows.

Edit. Yep, I'd avoid those passes. Beautiful road, beautiful scenery, but too tight in some of those blend bends.

And if I ever witness a bicyclist get hit by a vehicle on 13 or 200 I will only slow down to make sure the motorist's car isn't too badly damaged.

Dave

Jeeze, even if all 400 Montana residents were on that road at one time, seeing a bicyclist on that road shouldn't be an issue. Interestingly enough, the very part of that highway I zoomed in to street view, there were cattle on the road. Yet another reason to never outdrive your line of sight. Are the drivers up there that bad?

The drivers are great.

The cyclists are stupid.

What interstate were you referring to?

Clark

Highway 13

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Couldn't happen to more deserving people, motorcyclist included. Anybody the rides or drives anything where their butt is higher than their head, deserves a good wreck.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
we have 2 or 3 run over and killed here every yr it seems.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sam, I called it a highway, not an interstate. Clark mentioned 200 and 13 in one of his posts. I looked at 13 on google and commented that I had seen cattle on it. I didn't mention whether I saw cattle on 13 or 200. He asked which interstate I was referring to and I cleared up what I was referring to by calling it HIGHWAY 13.

I think when Travis asked which interstate I was talking about he was going back to my first response to him after he mentioned Highway 2. I told him what I saw of 2 ( generally straight with a shoulder) looked good with the exception of the passes and that it paralleled an interstate. Further saying most traffic would favor the interstate. I was referring to Interstate 90. 2 parallels 90 where I viewed it.

Tell me again why your knickers are in a knot.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 09/28/16.
Page 12 of 43 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,283
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.