Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Are only christians allowed in your heaven? No Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims? What was the fate of those who lived in areas of the world who died before "the word" got to them? Why would god put these people on the planet with no shot of getting into heaven? What is/was their purpose; just to take up space? If god is all powerful and all good things come from god, are those people who have bad things happen forsaken in some way? What was your god's plan when he created the brain eating amoeba? Was that a loving thing?? If there is a god, he's really screwing around with us. What's the purpose of the Zika virus? Does he think we're all getting too smart so he needs to create a bunch of small-headed babies? All you people who "talk" to god. Ask him about that.

Are you mad at a God who exists or frustrated that no god exists to deal with the wrong, sin and death in the world?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Answer my questions first.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Are only christians allowed in your heaven? No Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims? What was the fate of those who lived in areas of the world who died before "the word" got to them? Why would god put these people on the planet with no shot of getting into heaven? What is/was their purpose; just to take up space? If god is all powerful and all good things come from god, are those people who have bad things happen forsaken in some way? What was your god's plan when he created the brain eating amoeba? Was that a loving thing?? If there is a god, he's really screwing around with us. What's the purpose of the Zika virus? Does he think we're all getting too smart so he needs to create a bunch of small-headed babies? All you people who "talk" to god. Ask him about that.

There are actually answers for every question you ask in the Bible. I'm not going to write a long drawn out answer siting verses to support it. I'm just going to tell you the answers as I understand them from my own study .

As far as who gets into Heaven,I believe God has always revealed himself to men. God judges who goes and who doesn't and all I know for sure is that the judgement will be just. There is a scripture in Romans that basically says that when the people who don't know God(as in never having been introduced to him) follow the law of God because they see it as the right thing to do, they have become a law unto themselves.I take that to mean that God will judge them by their hearts. Personally I believe that many have trusted in God( which is what is necessary for salvation) who never knew the Bible or the names of God referred to in that book.

Bad things happen to good people because we live in a fallen world infected by sin.God does and has delivered,rescued,and generally helped his people. Why everyone who says they are a Christian isn't always rescued from bad things is a very complicated question. Some of it has to do with faith and some with free will. Without writing a book on it I will only say it's never God's fault or choice that his children are destroyed.

All the sickness,disease,brain eating amoeba and such come because the curse of sin. God doesn't just destroy all bad things because God doesn't control the earth. God gave dominion and authority of the earth over to men. Anything that God does in the earth is done through men.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
So man created the Zika virus? Your god had nothing to do with it. Maybe it was a genetic mutation, you know, like what happened thru evolution. Seems like you religious types say that god is in control and then he's not in control. None of it makes any sense cause there is no sense to this whole concept of a god or religion. Don't point to the bible with answers, the bible was written by a bunch of men. I want those of you who "talk to god" to get the answers directly. None of this, it's in the bible stuff.

Last edited by cooper57m; 10/02/16.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
To no one in particular: It must be very comfortable indeed to live in a box where ALL your questions are answered for you....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You bring up some questions which have been answered many times. Part of your question starts with a wrong premise, though.

The Bible does not present a totally loving God. Some here, both Christians and non-Christians, try to deny what God's Word teaches. Here's a little tid-bit about God. He says, "If a calamity comes on a city He did it." It didn't start in Amos. It started in Genesis. God told Eve, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth." There had to be some pain in order to multiply it. To Adam God informed him He was going to bring a curse on the universe and change the DNA of some plants so they would produce thorns and thistles.

God created the genome of all plants and animals. He also, due to His curse, caused genetic mutations. Consequently we are no longer immune to poison oak, poison ivy, and poison sumac; and in some cases even grass, nuts, and glutin. Among the mutations are all the things you mention. Some microbes used to be beneficial. In a perfect world they still would be. But because both our and their mutations it just ain't so.

If one reads the story of Moses one discovers over and over God says (I paraphrase), "I will hardened Pharaoh's heart and bring my plagues on him and his nation."

God tells us He brought in the Law of Moses that sin might increase. He says there are three groups of people. There are the saved believers and......

2 Thessalonians 2:7-9
"the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,"

And,
2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
"For this reason God will send upon them a deluding (tricky) influence so that they will believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness."

And,
Romans 11:14-18
"What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! For He says to Moses, 'I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.' So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, 'For this very purpose I raised you up, to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed throughout the whole earth.' So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires."

Romans 11:21-22
"does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Again, not interested in what the men wrote the bible has to say. I want to hear from you guys who talk directly to god to get the current take on things.

Also, not impressed with a religion that relies on threats and intimidation. The guys who wrote the bible should have just stuck with the positive messages, it plays better for a lot of people. How many times was the bible translated, edited etc.? Wasn't the Koran written after the bible? Why don't you consider that to be the sequel? Their are religions based on Book of Mormon and Dianetics too. So??

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Again, not interested in what the men wrote the bible has to say. I want to hear from you guys who talk directly to god to get the current take on things.

No you don't. You aren't interested in anything God has to say,or anything Christians have to say. You only want to try to validate your position.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
So man created the Zika virus? Your god had nothing to do with it. Maybe it was a genetic mutation, you know, like what happened thru evolution. Seems like you religious types say that god is in control and then he's not in control. None of it makes any sense cause there is no sense to this whole concept of a god or religion. Don't point to the bible with answers, the bible was written by a bunch of men. I want those of you who "talk to god" to get the answers directly. None of this, it's in the bible stuff.

My God didn't create the Zika virus,your god did.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
So you're saying evolution is more powerful than your god. Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Soon I'll have you believing in Science. Baby steps.

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

No you don't. You aren't interested in anything God has to say,or anything Christians have to say. You only want to try to validate your position.

Exactly.....good comeback. I stated in a previous post that I believe that our success or failure in life is based upon the choices we make. Make good ones, and you'll probably have a good life. Make bad ones, and your life will most likely not be very good. God offers us a choice.....follow Him, and accept His son Jesus as our Savior, and we will have everlasting life after we leave this earth in Heaven. Reject him, and we spend Eternity in Hell. That should offend no one.....it's just the way it is, and more importantly, He doesn't twist anyone's arm trying to get them to follow Him. I don't think anyone, be they a Christian or an atheist, has to prove anything to the other. It's like coming to a fork in the road, one leads Home, and other doesn't. While I would hope that everyone took the right road, I know that's not the case. Some folks are too bent on acquiring fortune and fame while they're here on earth, and they don't give a second thought to what's going to happen them come Judgement Day. That is, without a doubt, the most important choice...and the easiest....that one has to make.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Look, I don't want to talk anyone out of their faith, not that I could. The mysteries of life are everyone's to try to figure out. Some find it in the word of others, in books written long ago, in a preacher's sermon, some look to science, some just look inward and some are just content to let the mysteries be mysteries. Don't hate anyone for their beliefs or lack of belief. May Darwin bless you. cool

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
very christian of you gitsum.

I'm an aethist and I don't give a damn what you are. yet, you choose to hate, belittle, berate, and attack me. Were you a typical christian I would hate, belittle, and berate and attack christians, but thankfully, you are not.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Also, not impressed with a religion that relies on threats and intimidation. The guys who wrote the bible should have just stuck with the positive messages, it plays better for a lot of people. How many times was the bible translated, edited etc.? Wasn't the Koran written after the bible? Why don't you consider that to be the sequel? Their are religions based on Book of Mormon and Dianetics too. So??

You obviously don't understand Christians. A true Christian gets his ideas from the Bible.

Your idea of what the writers of the Bible should have written is quite funny. It claims to be the written Words of God. If It's not, them the Bible is irrelevant. The Bible has been translated into hundreds of languages from the original languages. There are literally thousands of manuscripts and fragments of manuscripts so that the careful translator or student can see where copies were corrupted. There are only about forty lines in the entire New Testament where everyone does not agree on whether they should be there or not. That is not possible with the Koran. One of the Islamic leaders destroyed all the manuscripts of Muhammad and copies he didn't like.

I'm curious. Why did you capitalize the "K" in Koran and not capitalize the "b" in Bible?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by ingwe
To no one in particular: It must be very comfortable indeed to live in a box where ALL your questions are answered for you....

I find it much more comfortable to live in a box where I'm a creature, there's a Creator, and I don't need all my questions answered.

To me a God who reveals Himself and what He has going in the world completely can't be much of a God. If I can understand Him He is too small to do His job.

The God I know takes care of me and gives me what I need when I need it, including occasional insight into the fact that I often confuse wants & needs.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
cooper57m posted:

".... The mysteries of life are everyone's to try to figure out....."

I agree with this thought. It places responsibility on the individual.

I would think that when one is one this journey of discovery that truth versus error would be important to discover.

There is truth and there is error. There is right and there is wrong. Most "relativists" deny this.

Many atheists will claim they are "moral" but they obtain their "morality" from the culture or tribe there are in. Some atheists are indeed "moral" in our culture today.

But, an atheist in Syria may have very different morals than an atheist in Canada.

Atheism proposes that there is only the natural system and the end of their analysis is there really is no right or wrong that lives beyond them.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Did we decide if Jews or Amazon tribesmen get to go to heaven?

What about Mormons? Buddhists?

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Did we decide if Jews or Amazon tribesmen get to go to heaven?

What about Mormons? Buddhists?

We're meeting at Applebee's tomorrow to take a vote.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Of good. I could use an trip off the farm.

I am MAGA.
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,319
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.