Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I'm thinking on investing some of the proceeds in the Oregon dope industry. Not hands on just as an investor.

You may want to go find a new place to scribble your drivel.

Not many like-minded folks here for you...

You sound like a liberal.... going to call him a racist next?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Spanky. This one is for you, you pompous ass.

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dutch

I'm thinking on investing some of the proceeds in the Oregon dope industry. Not hands on just as an investor.

You may want to go find a new place to scribble your drivel.

Not many like-minded folks here for you...

You sound like a liberal.... going to call him a racist next?

Yeah, I'm a liberal alright.

Wait... mentioning that growing pot, which is still illegal in the U.S., may not find many followers on a (mostly) conservative website, makes me a liberal?

Gimmie a break.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
With the new administrations view on sanctuary cities I would not be investing in the pot business any time soon.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yeah, I'm a liberal alright.

Wait... mentioning that growing pot, which is still illegal in the U.S., may not find many followers on a (mostly) conservative website, makes me a liberal?

Gimmie a break.

I didn't say anything about your opinion, just that you BEHAVE like a liberal. Can't handle opinions that differ from your own, need a safe, happy forum space where you won't be offended by other opinions, or, heaven forbid, have to employ critical thinking skills......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can handle them.

I just file them away where they belong.

Already done the critical thinking on this subject when I was an LEO dealing with the drug infestation.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I can handle them.

I just file them away where they belong.

Already done the critical thinking on this subject when I was an LEO dealing with the drug infestation.

And adolescents, its almost impossible to keep the stuff away from them, when recreational use is legal for adults. And marijuana does its worst damage on chromosomes and brains, and lungs of growing bodies. Known as a tetragenic toxic effect. Kids brains are permanently messed up before they reach adulthood.

Last edited by Wyogal; 11/27/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Since pot is still illegal on the Federal stage all income from it is taxed at 100%... no deductions for costs to produce, etc...

When the IRS calls on growers it could be the start of a very bad day...

Not a wise risk, IMO.

When OBummer was in charge they had nothing to worry about .... but it's all going to change.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think it will end. The sanctuary cities were a big part of Trump's campaign and the social conservatives are going to use the pot issue as leverage.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be shocked if it changed. Something like 25 or 26 states now have legalized marijuana.

I don't see it going backwards. Especially considering the greedy nature of both Fed and State government.

http://taxfoundation.org/article/marijuana-legalization-and-taxes-federal-revenue-impact

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Maybe.

But at the end of the day the only reason those drugs aren't getting seized is because the administration doesn't allow it.

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Maybe.

But at the end of the day the only reason those drugs aren't getting seized is because the administration doesn't allow it.

Dave

Pretty much.

It's one of the laws they choose not to enforce.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anybody from California knows the best wine in the state is Safeway Red Port.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Lotta people making a lot of money selling perfectly legal products to the dope industry. For instance fence and consequently lumber sales are booming. Also efficient processing requires some pretty sophisticated machinery. Companies that make that machinery could be a good play. Especially since CA came onboard. As I drive through the Aplegate I see large grows on about half the properties. I would not be surprised if dope surpassed wine in crop value within a few years.

This is an investment opportunity that I may take advantage of. Does anyone think the 200 acres I used to own would be worth anything near 5.4 million if not for the dope connection?

The Feds are not going to interfere because they see a huge pot (no pun intended) of tax dollars waiting to be grabbed. And, what about State's Rights? Is there no such thing anymore?

Public opinion on marijuana has left the train station as it has on queer marriage and it ain't coming back. I'll warrant that within the next few years a majority of states will have legalized recreational marijuana.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

what about State's Rights? Is there no such thing anymore?

Not since 1861

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Trump appears to favor giving the power back to the states, away from a heavy-handed centralized government so I can see the pot issue being a states rights issue. The border and immigration is an altogether different issue. National security is not a states rights issue.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Considering that pot is a weed and potency is based as much on genetics as anything else, I predict that in 10 years they will be bailing it like hay and selling it for not much more.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Boones Farm was where it was at.

Aaaaah, aged on the truck. Brings some fond memories to mind.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BarryC
Considering that pot is a weed and potency is based as much on genetics as anything else, I predict that in 10 years they will be bailing it like hay and selling it for not much more.

If we had a free market, yes, but with government regulation, the bubble will be much less pronounced.

The local state police heros put a post on their facebook page last week where they had pulled over a couple of guys with 80 some pounds of MJ in the car. They were mighty proud..... and out of about 60 comments, all but one described them as "lame", "quit wasting our tax money" or "go do something useful".

Times, they are a changing. MJ is going to be a major cash crop, and it won't be 10 years before the Federal rules will be changed.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Trump appears to favor giving the power back to the states, away from a heavy-handed centralized government so I can see the pot issue being a states rights issue. The border and immigration is an altogether different issue. National security is not a states rights issue.

They are both issues that are regulated by the federal government.

If you go after sanctuary cities, you have to go after weed. Or, change the scheduling of weed. Which would probably be the easiest route.

But as it sits today, weed is not a state's right issue any more than abortion is a state's right issue.

Dave

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (1lesfox, 44mc, 35, 7887mm08, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,060 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,417
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.