Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Hell, I will not walk into a convenience store/gas station unless I visibly see the clerk, doing happy clerk sheit.

I have NO doubt I could put a 20' long by 10' deep ditch in front of the grocery store and catch 3/4 of the people walking in.

Women are truly the worse by a biggly margin.

Last edited by Steelhead; 01/06/17. Reason: by

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by whelennut
One of the members of our local American Legion was walking his dog past a church at 0600 hrs and three native American youths beat him and left him for dead.
This is making me rethink my J Frame as a CCW. Is 5 shots enough against three attackers?
I made the same decision a year and a half ago on pondering the implications of the trend going on of "urban youth" mob violence against whites. I switched from a K-Frame S&W revolver to a Glock 17. Eighteen rounds on tap vs 6. Stick a 33 round mag in your front pants pocket and you up the available round count massively.

Load your front pocket with a 33 round stick mag may cause chickens to start following you home! laugh
The 33 rounder generally stays in the night stand drawer. It's a rare recourse, but nice to have available to stick in your pocket if you perceive a higher threat level than usual.

Yes, the very reason were not still fighting wars with single shot Springfield 73's.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Hell, I will not walk into a convenience store/gas station unless I visibly see the clerk, doing happy clerk sheit.

I have NO doubt I could put a 20' long by 10' deep ditch in front of the grocery store and catch 3/4 of the people walking in.

Women are truly the worse but a biggly margin.

This just happened, I arrived at my Moms place early on Thanksgiving eve, was on the phone with them before they got there, Mom and Sis were trying to give me alarm codes and such so I could go on in.

I said no, I'll just wait on you guys, I walked out to the mailbox and got the mail, proceeded the lay down on the end of the porch on my back [was a warm day] with the mail out in my left hand, I heard them pull up, they walked right by me [I didn't move], unlocked the door and went in, I had to lay there and wait.

After a few minutes they both came back out of the house talking to each other wondering where I was, [I had not been 15' away the whole time]. shocked

I then, still on my back with a handful of mail, tilted my head back and said hello to them, ho lee chit, most women live in a special place.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

More Ammo than needed hurts nothing, less than needed is a huge problem.

Last edited by jwp475; 01/06/17.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jimy
I don't think it can be over empisized how much simply shooting your carry gun as often as possible will prepare you for a surprise attack.

Excellent info too, your weapon needs to be as reflex usable as a closed fist, shoot the hell out of your weak side and eye too if you have one.

Trump Won!
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jwp475

3 spare 15 rounders riding in my back pocket wont even disturb a fresh can of Cope! grin

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimy
I don't think it can be over empisized how much simply shooting your carry gun as often as possible will prepare you for a surprise attack.

Excellent info too, your weapon needs to be as reflex usable as a closed fist, shoot the hell out of your weak side and eye too if you have one.
Agreed. I make it a point to shoot three ways at the range, with equal round count, i.e., 1) Both hands with isosceles method, 2) strong hand only, and 3) weak hand only. Since starting this, my weak-hand and strong-hand-only ability has increased tremendously.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Women are truly the worse by a biggly margin.

To busy on their (Smart)ha phones.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jwp475

3 spare 15 rounders riding in my back pocket wont even disturb a fresh can of Cope! grin

You knock the lid off that cope you will be cleaning mags the rest of the day. lol

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Doing things the hard way makes easy lightning ;]

Damn right J2, and if working and sweating it'd probably look like i crapped my pants too. shocked lol

Trump Won!
IC B3

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Sagebrush, I think I have been in that place in Salmon. That is a cool town, but saw some really strange folks there!!!

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Mac:
back in think in the 70's the sambo's chain was still around, and we had one in prescott. It was also a place for free coffee for popo's.
which meant everyone around there would frequent. One night couple guys in uniform where drinking some coffee backs to the entrance. A guy walks in pizzed at his wife and ready to take her out. But there is the guy in uniform. So the guy shoots the cop in the back of the head before he shoots the wife. I never never forgot that. It's kind of a joke in the family now. not the shooting, but me in the sitting arrangements.
I don't know if people still do it or not, but something else i never forgot. Often in a thinly populated county at the time, you would be parked somewhere at night. Everyone was carrying revolvers at the time.
I was left handed which meant it was also kind of awkward to draw from behind a steering wheel. So the revovler would be taken out of the holster and laid on the seat while parked, with rear vew mirrors adjusted to see behind you. Situational awareness.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/06/17.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Around that time i was parked one night at a lake with my now wife of over 40years watching the submarine races. A car pulled up behind us with hi beams on and a command "get out of the car." A few days before i had been threatened by a drug addict for repo'ing his car. So i did, with a revover in hand as i rolled out of the car. I barely could see the deputy's badge through the lights. Had him caught cold turkey.
He didn't know what to do, and neither did I. So I laid the gun on the ground and explained. He understood. He also understood he didn't have his lights on, and didn't identify himself. Later on when i got certified, we worked a lot of shifts together and were friends. But i bet he never did that again.
Things have changed a lot, but some things don't. Even in the 70's we had a drill called a "mexican quail shoot." Wouldn't hear that today. But it was to train/counter multiple problems exiting a car at the same time, and figuring out which one to shoot first dependent on threat level.
Hi cap guns are just a natural given in that situation. I think of that a lot when watching BLM protestors in major cities today.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
another thing that changed me. back in the same time period one night i flew into lax late at night, wife with me, and rented a car. I was turned around and not knowing it till later I ended up I think in watts. Driving down a road in a run down area i see a barricade of trash cans blocking the street i was on. I didn't stop but just ran the car through them.
I don't think the cans were there to collect pocket change.
I didn't have a gun on me at the time, but that was in the period of six shot revolvers. Even then, as much as i like them still to this day, 18 or 19 or20 rounds out of a glock/cz/you name it still gives me a comfort factor.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/06/17.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hell I'm not an operator and I typically sit where I can see the exits. I also try to sit near the kitchen, because trouble doesn't usually come from that direction.

Now, lest you think I've got my chit together, I often sit in my bus or escalade waiting on clients, reading. I'd be cold meat if someone wanted me.

And if a smoking hot woman walks into that restaurant, forget it!

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I try to sit and watch the door too, as well as away from loud children, women have never been a distraction, I have more than I can handle, and much more than I deserve at home, and being married to a marathon running fitness woman, I stay hammered down enough to not want a damn thing I see out in public. grin

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I, for one am a firm believer in firepower. More is better less is no good. When I purchased my semi-auto's my first criteria was how many rounds the thing held. With the double stack mag's now days it's easy to find a .380 or 9MM semi-auto that holds more than 7 rounds. My S&W SD9 VE holds 16 in the mag, but it's a little large for CCW. My SCCY 9MM CPX holds 10 in the mag and is small enough to put in a jacket pocket. Why be undermanned?

Better to be over the hill than under it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Twat has been the bane of men since time began.
I don't live in the ghetto, but times have changed. That safeway store with the pharmacy robbed multiple times is near my house. About a year ago a 8month pregnant woman walking out of the store had a gun stuck up to her belly by a guy wanting to do a carjacking. My wife had just gotten into her car at a different time at that store, doors automatically locked. Guy starts pounding on the window you have a flat tire. 1. wasn't true, 2. he had no idea that 78year old gramma was packing.
What WE have started doing is i drop her off at the front of the store and watch her enter. Pick her up the same way.
I sit in the car and watch the entrance, as close as i can get. But i am going to change some things. Lately i started carrying a colt cobra again, but limited in rounds. I am going to start taking with us a hi cap something for when i am waiting in the car. It is an issue. One of the current things is Younger people cruising the parking lots on skateboards, bicycles. Finding say an older couple loading good stuff into a suv, they signal their buddies in a van which rolls up to make the hit.
You have to have multiple issues as a juvvie, to get locked up for any amount of time, so the birddog isn't risking much.
with woman, they will leave at a gas pump purse on the seat, and proceed to pump gas. perfect time for a snatch and grab. The meth freaks around a restaurant or other high traffic area will spot a target and be on you real quick.
I have had that happen multiple times. We live near a major freeway, the black canyon, the underpasses/drainage canals had people housekeeping in them, until we got the city to grate them. Not uncommon to find needles, drug stuff, used condoms etc in the street or parking lots. Awareness is a huge thing. My daughter won't get out of the car at a gas station and keeps her doors locked until she surveys the area. She has had men reach through a partially open window at same. Women are particularly bad with cellphones in their ear all the time, driving, getting gas, you name it.
With the drug availability, the problem is just getting worse. My understanding is that around prescott, meth has slid to second place, black tar heroin is cheaper. Thank you mexico.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i am rattling around too much i know. But i think rjm mentioned running around the desert with a assault something.
You never know in arizona given the narco's running around that desert.
I have come across numerous stash spots, they like bud lite,
and come over a hill to spot 20 or 30 illegals doing a vehicle transfer or something else.
Few years ago i was going out on a early sunday morning to do some shooting, about a mile off a major freeway, and spot three hi end expensive trucks, and six or so mexicans standing around all sporting those chrome no reflection sunglasses. No atv's, no rec. stuff, just waiting. Interesting feeling.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live in a small town, nothing like the crime of big cities. I am 6'2, 245 run 3 miles 2to3 times a week, and lift. I still do not go to the door after dark without a pistol tucked into my waistband. To many home invasions of more then one methhead, once the door is unlocked they bum rush. To many in my area have been left for dead or dead.

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,088
Posts18,521,961
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.