-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That Big Bend Now is a lying, liberal rag that would make CBS look like a conservative saint.

First they plagiarized the story from L. Bryant.

Here is what she said about that...

Oh wow I did not speak to big bend now, they cobbled together comments on a blog article. But they sure are acting like they interviewed me. Jerks.

They said things I didn't say, and used comments and cobbled it together.

Originally Posted by willowcreek1996
http://bigbendnow.com/2017/01/sheriff-denies-cross-border-violence-in-candelaria-shooting/

Interesting that the people that were on the ground have a different story than people sitting at their computers. Maybe their story will wind up being the same, but I think this is a good example of someone taking one person's explanation as absolute and running with it.

I hope these guys heal quickly and that whoever was responsible is brought to justice.

The guy that was seriously injured in the shooting as also had death threats since the story became public. Gee. Wonder who would do that?

Why would they want to shut him up?

Something doesn't smell right.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
That Big Bend Now is a lying, liberal rag that would make CBS look like a conservative saint.

First they plagiarized the story from L. Bryant.

Here is what she said about that...

Oh wow I did not speak to big bend now, they cobbled together comments on a blog article. But they sure are acting like they interviewed me. Jerks.

They said things I didn't say, and used comments and cobbled it together.

Originally Posted by willowcreek1996
http://bigbendnow.com/2017/01/sheriff-denies-cross-border-violence-in-candelaria-shooting/

Interesting that the people that were on the ground have a different story than people sitting at their computers. Maybe their story will wind up being the same, but I think this is a good example of someone taking one person's explanation as absolute and running with it.

I hope these guys heal quickly and that whoever was responsible is brought to justice.

The guy that was seriously injured in the shooting as also had death threats since the story became public. Gee. Wonder who would do that?

Why would they want to shut him up?

Something doesn't smell right.

I agree that something doesn't smell right. I don't know who stinks in the situation though. I think that the farther south you get in Brewster and Presidio Counties, the stranger things become. I have a hard time believing that a group of low paid mules or wets trying to steal an RV would have any desire to follow up with death threats.

long before Rodriguez stole that goat.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
You are welcome...now read the rest of the posts.

I gave em' a read,...just more clueless pontification, and holier than thou horsechit from somebody obviously to some degree passionate and committed to solving problems in and on his home turf. Odd that you spend so much time gassing about problems so distant from your own,...and one might almost speculate that you're very disappointed in the progress being made on your home front.

We have absolute historical imperative to mount incursion,....what you called " military invasion of a neighbouring state.". Fact is we've done it before, over EXACTLY the same kinda' horsechit.

.......you know less than nothing about the U.S, / Mexican line, and by your own repeated admissions here over many years, you like to come here to stir chit.

Later

GTC

Yes, yes...have it your way, it seems to be working.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
wonder how much cash has lined his pockets over the years.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter

It sure happens. wink

http://libit.sulross.edu/archives/marfanews/indandsent84-92/1992-01-16.pdf

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Brewster co. sheriff may well have been told by cartels how the cookie crumbles. BS that the country is safe.

Barry, was the leo on the take that you referred to earlier hispanic.

Be a dr in south texas and get sued by grampa gonzales when your chair collapsed under him in your waiting room (with 6 grandkids on it with him) and the judge and prosecuting atty are named gonzales.

Attys go around teaching how to get these things down to a science.

You want a bunch of whiplash money. Call atty soinso. They have plans.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/10/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
There may wind up being much more to this story than meets the eye.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

^^^

wink

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Willowcreek - remember the term "plausible deniability" ?

Just because the sheriff "says" there is no sign of foreign involvement, does NOT mean that is a fact - or even that he believes it himself.

Let's see what shakes out - assuming it doesn't get "buried"

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Willowcreek - remember the term "plausible deniability" ?

Just because the sheriff "says" there is no sign of foreign involvement, does NOT mean that is a fact - or even that he believes it himself.

Let's see what shakes out - assuming it doesn't get "buried"

I think that there may be more to this story than we know at this point. I have no doubts that people lie and often get caught believing their own bull$h. I agree that we will have to hold our horses and see what comes of this. I'd say that there is a good chance that it does get buried. That happens frequently down there. The reward for information on Zuzu Verk is up to $200,000 and I don't think that there is a very big question as to who is responsible on that one.

long before Rodriguez stole that goat.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Barry, was the leo on the take that you referred to earlier hispanic.

No. He is a gringo.

What many don't know, and what is surprising in itself is these border sheriff's claiming that there's no trouble on the border in West Texas.

All sheriffs in the western border of Texas/Mexico are members.

http://www.bordersheriffs.us/

Texas Border Sheriffs' Coalition
Our Mission

Texas Border Sheriff's Coalition, organized May 4, 2005, and is represented by the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of each respective County. Texas Sheriff's, empowered by the state constitution, are committed, from a nation security perspective, to protect lives, property, and the rights of the people, maintain order and security in the United States along the Republic of Mexico Border, enforce the law impartially, and provide police service in partnership with other law enforcement agencies and community partners.

What is also interesting, is that while denying that there is border trouble, the sheriff's departments in these border counties get most of their operating budgets from state and federal grants as well as equipment and added deputies.

There's not much tax base out in far west Texas, so if the border is so secure and safe, then they wouldn't need that money or equipment or manpower... Right?

They'd all squeal like a pig under a gate if they were to lose that funding... whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember hearing about the ranch where this happened. I think Chianti Spring is on it but maybe not. Seems like it was bought by a yuppie couple a few years ago.

It is only 15 or 20 k acres as I recall which is not large enough to sustain a hunting operation in that country.

It's more of a resort deal I'm thinking.

Looks like their website is shut down.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Website is up. They have the name listed wrong on several of the articles...

http://circledug.com/index_nf.html

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

It sure happens. wink

http://libit.sulross.edu/archives/marfanews/indandsent84-92/1992-01-16.pdf

Related trivia....

I used to know a woman twenty years back from Brewster County, IIRC her kids went to school with Rick Thompson's (the drug Sheriff) kids, she knew Thompson well.

I knew her through bird watching circles, didn't know Thompson's name until I looked up your link, but I recall her telling me that while she was looking through binoculars at birds along the river one time she was shot in the wrist from a long distance away with a .22, possibly an attempted head shot.

She always figured the Sheriff, ex-military and a noted marksman with a rifle, was responsible. For reasons I don't recall now.

I also recall her telling me she felt the Sheriff somehow had a hand in the sudden and untimely demise of the previous Sheriff. After seeing your link and searching the web it turns out that the previous Sheriff, one D. Hank Hamilton, was shot during his first year in office by a retired Air Force Veteran while checking out said veteran's sedan parked in a pasture.

http://libit.sulross.edu/archives/marfanews/sent26-84/1973-07-19.PDF

Dunno the truth of it, but there it is.

I will say that tough gal was the only person I ever knew that had got bit by a Mohave rattlesnake. It still gave her nerve problems in her leg years after the fact.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You Border guys know more about things down there than me.

I'd guess "wait and see" is the thing to do in this case, ballistic reports might shed a light.

A bit hard to sweep something under the rug or misrepresent it maybe with all these diverse LEO's involved. Sounds like too from the magnitude of the response that the responding agencies took this incident seriously: The County Sheriff, Texas DPS, and "about 30" Border Patrol agents including competent trackers and canine units.

(from the link)

Nuñez was the first to arrive on the scene and was shortly thereafter backed up by officers from the sheriff’s office as well as the Presidio Police Department, U.S. Border Patrol and the Texas Department of Public Safety.....

....The story is similar to what the 911 caller told dispatch and what witnesses told law enforcement during preliminary interviews, Deputy Nuñez said.

But according to the investigation by the sheriff’s office and Border Patrol, there is no evidence to support the account.

“We’re still investigating and waiting for ballistics results from [Texas Department of Public Safety] lab in El Paso,” Nuñez said. “Right now, there is no evidence to suggest there was any ‘cross-border violence’ situation there.”

The sheriff’s office was supported in their investigation by about 30 U.S. Border Patrol agents from Air and Marine units from El Paso and agents with human and drug detecting dogs.

“[Border Patrol has] expert trackers who say there were no signs at the time of any individuals on the ranch other than those staying there,” Nuñez said.

ALL of those agencies and personnel are gonna sweep this under the rug?

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Bump for my friend and patient and retired Texas Ranger Ashby Mitchell who says TR will be in on this investigation .

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I know you drink in hunting camp, but were they THAT drunk? crazy

Something still doesn't pass the smell test... ?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Ashby Mitchell was the TR who caught Ricky Thompson with 600 lbs of dope. Ricky got 40 or so years.

Mitchells protege from Alpine will be the TR investigating the case he said and there will be no BS in it.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 40 invisible), 1,807 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,004
Posts18,520,527
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.