Campfire Savant
States should be able to make their own laws

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco

I agree.

They should be able to exercise their state rights on anything not specifically laid out in the Constitution as a federal government responsibility.

The overreach is the problem.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hanco

Be careful with that.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Discussed this today with winery customers. Consensus seems to be there is money to be made in the weeds. One guy said, "It's like prohibition ending and we can now do what was illegal legally".

These are not ropeheads these are solid citizens Trump voters all with net worths in the several millions.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Discussed this today with winery customers. Consensus seems to be there is money to be made in the weeds. One guy said, "It's like prohibition ending and we can now do what was illegal legally".

These are not ropeheads these are solid citizens Trump voters all with net worths in the several millions.

Seem's to me if you want to be truly profitable (by the standards you and your peers deem profitable) you might hope for weed to remain illegal or at best quasi legal. And as such embrace being outlaws complete with all that comes with it. Probably not what the winery consensus is looking for but a driving force behind those profits.

Did your realtor give figures on the value of your 'ranch' (still laughing at that one), after full legalization? How bout value after first owner gets caught up in some kind of federal hoopla? Seems like on the one hand you have a down side and the other 3 hots and a cot in jail.

Dope gets full legal and it will be worth what tobacco and alcohol is worth. Which is a living. No frigging Ferrari for a hobby farm on an acre.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That's true that it'd have to be de-regulated in order to become a state issue and I could see Trump doing that and letting the state take control.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Don't have a realtor.

It is not "my ranch" I sold it some years ago. If the present owner sells it for one dollar over what is owed to me I get a fat check. Meanwhile I get 3k interest each month. What's wrong with that?

Certainly wouldn't put a lot of money in the weed patch maybe 100-200k nothing that would make any great difference.
Just a lark a little "fun money" because I've always been interested in the industry.

Seems like many here have a great aversion to risk. No problem with that.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

I talked to the agent that handled the deal for me. He said that price is what someone could net in one year.

And it is all legal.
Not "all legal". It's not federally legal. Remember Waco and Ruby Ridge? That's how the Feds roll.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'll take my chances. My only connection to the property is a first mortgage that would be paid in any instance.

My attorney advised that in the very unlikely case the Government seized the property they would auction it off. The buyer would be obligated to pay off the first mortgage.

Last edited by Spanokopitas; 11/28/16.

www.paracay.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

In escrow now at 4.68 million. I'll get a fat check in 60 days if it goes through.

What to do with it? I dunno, put it in Vanguard Prime and sit on it?

I'm very leery of the stock market now at record highs. Let's see a correction of 10-12% and then I'll move more in.

I'm now only 30% in stocks and have sold all my bonds and am 70% in cash.

Maybe I should buy gold?

www.paracay.com

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

In escrow now at 4.68 million. I'll get a fat check in 60 days if it goes through.

I'm very leery of the stock market now at record highs. Let's see a correction of 10-12% and then I'll move more in.

Maybe I should buy gold?

I'd buy a couple keys of blow and take up skydiving. But that's just me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
...I'd buy a couple keys of blow and take up skydiving. But that's just me.

You left out the beautiful women...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Maybe I should buy gold?

Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by ltppowell
...I'd buy a couple keys of blow and take up skydiving. But that's just me.

You left out the beautiful women...

Ed

Why does this entire thread bring to mind the movie Scarface!?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Old Honest Abe did not agree. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Escrow closed.

BIG BUCKS in Vanguard Prime. Not sure where to invest. Doesn't make sense to throw more money into stocks at this level and bonds don't seem like a good idea in a rising interest environment.

Maybe I'll do another well secured first mortgage.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We are SO happy for you.

Why don't you take your money, and your elitist attitude and go play somewhere else?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Escrow closed.

BIG BUCKS in Vanguard Prime. Not sure where to invest.

Land....they're not making any more of it, except in the South China Sea.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Escrow closed.

BIG BUCKS in Vanguard Prime. Not sure where to invest. Doesn't make sense to throw more money into stocks at this level and bonds don't seem like a good idea in a rising interest environment.

Massive single-premium life insurance, payable to your heirs. Then, suck-start a Glock.

Win/win.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Escrow closed.

Ya done good, Spano.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks, Toot. You're one of the few gentlemen on this pukefest.

www.paracay.com

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

327 members (22250rem, 163bc, 12344mag, 22magnut, 10ring1, 160user, 36 invisible), 1,307 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,849
Posts18,517,532
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.