Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they should do a drill and evacuate Seoul

make sure lil Kim knows

does a feller good to sweat a lil

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by add
I don't think the winner of this dirty skirmish is in doubt.

The political play is, who will take in the (all ready) starving millions of generational indoctrinated refuges?

Ivanka?

Ah, the vast bosom.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I listened to an Interview with a retired British Admiral a year or so ago. According to him we could cripple his military and country in less than 12 hours with almost exclusively precision strikes. Now I have no idea the damage he could cause in 12 hours.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by add

The political play is, who will take in the (all ready) starving millions of generational indoctrinated refuges?

Ivanka?

Ah, the vast bosom.

Vast and deep.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They can hit Seoul with that artillery, and the slaughter will be grim and great.

Bush, and Clinton, and Obama had their way with our usual punching bags, delivering bombs and missiles onto Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan at will. Those countries can't fight back.
N. Korea can slaughter people in Seoul with conventional weapons, the likes of which we have not seen since Hiroshima.

IC B2

M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I might be wrong but I don't think there's political solution to this one. I think fatboy knows he's a dead man walking and he's planning on going out with a bang.

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by add

Ivanka?

Actually I'd much rather take in Korean refugees...

That addition off the rambler, exactly how many sq ft is it?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
2 days ago, Wheel to wheel, all in a row. Brilliant.

[Linked Image]

An A-10 Squadron's wet dream.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
35 miles to the DMZ. No artillery made can do that.

When the Russian artillery surrounded Berlin....41,000 pieces of Heavy Artillery, all started at once.......

And the ROCs are not slouches.........

If anything the runt would make a wider DMZ....

Last edited by 257_X_50; 04/28/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and all of this threat stuff ignores the fact that South Korea has an army of it's own.

Sam......

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by k20350
I listened to an Interview with a retired British Admiral a year or so ago. According to him we could cripple his military and country in less than 12 hours with almost exclusively precision strikes. Now I have no idea the damage he could cause in 12 hours.

I read a report by a retired army analyst that was quite concise, in fact it was breath taking in the detail he reported about their strengths and weakness. We would destroy their military at the rate of 1% per hour . So it would take longer then 12 hours.

I would imagine that he has miles of tunnels along the DMZ , I think we are better equipped to handle tunnels based on a very recent event.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The artillery that scares me are the implacements along the DMZ. I don't know know the distance from the DMZ to the CBD in Seoul but I assume it is within artillery range.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Everyone seems to think NK would be a pushover. We were there 65 years ago.

The Middle East is a quagmire and our military's capabilities have them beat 100:1.

No war is going to be easy. I do believe if we can change the ROE and toss political correctness out the window, it will go considerably better. I'm not sure where that would leave us in the eyes of the rest of the world.

People have been killing people since before the first weapon was invented. I'm becoming more of an isolationist as these "wars for profit" are taking the lives of our brave men and women.

Controversy makes certain people a LOT of money. It will not stop.
65 years ago, we were fighting the Chinese. That wouldn't be the case this time.
The NORK army is large, though. I read that enlistments stay very high because the people are starving and the army feeds it's men well. Only the soldiers get their 3 squares. That's not saying it's a quality, well trained army, just that there are a lot of them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Some of the artillery allegedly is on rails and can be rolled back into hillsides for safety.

That may have been viable in WW2 and up through Vietnam but those were pre-satalite days. Don't think we don't know every defensive fortification they have now and haven't been watching them move them in detail.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
and all of this threat stuff ignores the fact that South Korea has an army of it's own.

This.

South Korea has the wealth and resources to take care of itself.

Why is any of this our responsibility?

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Again my knowledge is limited. I do not see Asian soldiers as similar to Iraqis. My understanding is that the Norks execute the entire families of those who would surrender, or even fail. If your family is truly on the line, you will not stop.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Again my knowledge is limited. I do not see Asian soldiers as similar to Iraqis. My understanding is that the Norks execute the entire families of those who would surrender, or even fail. If your family is truly on the line, you will not stop.
I wouldn't give the Iraqis that much credit. If the Rag countries ain't executing the whole family and their pet goat, then they just haven't thought of it yet. The Koreans may be tougher and better though. The ROK Marines were some of the best fighters in Vietnam.

If China really gets on board we can starve them into submission. About the only thing I think is a possible (not plausible) threat from the NORKS is an EMP. I think if we really decide to get it on we'll wipe them out inside a week with no significant casualties to South Korea.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
2 days ago, Wheel to wheel, all in a row. Brilliant.

[Linked Image]

An A-10 Squadron's wet dream.

No need for low altitude work when we can deliver CBU 105's by the truckload from the B1.
https://youtu.be/AEXMHf2Usso

https://youtu.be/myuZUxS3Uww

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I wouldn't give the Iraqis that much credit. If the Rag countries ain't executing the whole family and their pet goat, then they just haven't thought of it yet. The Koreans may be tougher and better though. The ROK Marines were some of the best fighters in Vietnam.

If China really gets on board we can starve them into submission. About the only thing I think is a possible (not plausible) threat from the NORKS is an EMP. I think if we really decide to get it on we'll wipe them out inside a week with no significant casualties to South Korea.

If that were so, why hasnt it been done, before he gets the nuclear capability, or is that what we are fixing to do?

How does a starving nation continue to have overpopulation? Regular folks cant be able to get good health care. How can they survive common illnesses along with starvation?

If Kim is a dead man walking and knows it, will he try and go out with a bang or sell out to keep his life and wife?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
The artillery that scares me are the implacements along the DMZ. I don't know know the distance from the DMZ to the CBD in Seoul but I assume it is within artillery range.

From the assessment I read it said they were out of range of Seoul but with rocket assisted shells could go 35 miles.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 78 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,652
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.