Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
So it has been stated on the 'Fire.

How many rounds could they get off if we (SK & US) decide to do a preemptive strike?

I can not believe kim has developed his nuclear arsenal to the point that he can deliver artillery fired nukes. I know US Army Reservists whom were trained to fire tactical nukes from our 155s thirty years ago. I assume those shells are still in inventory. Though I would certainly hope their use be held as a matter of last resort.

With satalite imagery and our evesdropping capabilities, we muat know the exact location of every howitzer, rocket, or missile in N Korea.

Between every aircraft SK and the US could put in the air, every Tomohawk we could launch, and the artillery in S Korea, what is the chance we could eliminate the N Korean threat as efficiently as we did The Republican Guard?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it's impossible to stop Kim's wrath on S.Korea, he has too many locations to launch an attack...nukes not so much, but many will die with standard missiles/bombs

Last edited by Bwana_1; 04/28/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think the question is if he or his generals have actually put together a real plan to attack SK, or just blustered about it - and does he have a delivery method ready for a nuke.

Only they know for sure, but if their nukes are so far just laboratory weapons, they may have a hard time setting one off in the field. Even dropping from an airplane isn't a trivial issue, and any plane headed south from NK is going to get shot to hell the moment it crosses the DMZ.

odds are he does have a bunch of nerve gas loaded on artillery shells, and they could kill a bunch of people. frown

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They just tested another ballistic missile. Failed again..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Some of the artillery allegedly is on rails and can be rolled back into hillsides for safety.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'd be surprised if NK has 10K artillery pieces that could range Seoul from the other side of the DMZ.

We're talking about 30 miles at the closest possible point.

Makes a good headline for the hand-wringers though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have to agree across the board with M.Marine. 10,000? -phffft- Hit Seoul? -phfft-

If the fat midget launches an attack the question is open regarding our response. I assume that if this occurs there will be American casualties along the Z. Seriously doubt the CIC will entertain an invasion by US forces and a conventional land battle. Would not surprise me a bit he would make a simple statement to the world and erase Pyongyang, the midget and most if not all of their ability to wage war and/or govern. The Korean peninsula would likely be reunited in the aftermath.

Mushrooms are the solution to so many problems in the turd world.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How do they roll it out if the rails are damaged?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Keep Kim's foot on the gas.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Keep Kim's foot on the gas.
Yep, full speed ahead.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Korean peninsula is too small for either side to think about nuking the other. It would be akin to napalming the house you are trying to burgle.

Lil'Un would use his nukes against Japan, and any of our forces he could reach (including Hawaii and the mainland if he could get his subs there) but never Seoul. He wants Seoul. He NEEDS Seoul. He would not make the whole of the south an uninhabitable wasteland. He already has one of those.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Without a doubt we have intel on what type or generations of artillery they possess be it straight tube or mobile rocket. I agree 10 K seems a hyped exaggeration but they do have the technology to give Seoul a very bad day.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Think the question is if he or his generals have actually put together a real plan to attack SK,

I think a better question is do his generals have the authority, and the initiative, to cut loose if act one of the tussle results in chubby taking a dirt nap.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The little fat fuqk reminds me of Saddam Husein, He has no idea of the world around him nor does he have any idea of the military power other than what he posses.

He will try to launch on SK just like Saddam did with Israel.

He is going to be a problem no doubt but he will be dealt with in a very short period of time.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The Korean peninsula is too small for either side to think about nuking the other. It would be akin to napalming the house you are trying to burgle.

Lil'Un would use his nukes against Japan, and any of our forces he could reach (including Hawaii and the mainland if he could get his subs there) but never Seoul. He wants Seoul. He NEEDS Seoul. He would not make the whole of the south an uninhabitable wasteland. He already has one of those.

+1

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just noticed the cake. Happy birthday 12344mag!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heard this same old gloom and doom rhetoric back in 1990. Facts turned out to be much different.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The little fat fuqk reminds me of Saddam Husein, He has no idea of the world around him nor does he have any idea of the military power other than what he posses.

He is going to be a problem no doubt but he will be dealt with in a very short period of time.

You got that rigbt. The little buggers elevator does not go to the top floor.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I'd be surprised if NK has 10K artillery pieces that could range Seoul from the other side of the DMZ.

My knowledge of artillary is about thirty years dated. To my knowledge, even rocket boosted 155 shells do not reach 30 mile targets, Is this still correct?

Of course this leaves his arsenal of rockets and whatever missiles he has managed to make functional.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember reading somewhere that the Norks can drop 500,000 rounds of artillery on the South per hour, in the early days of a fight. With 10,000 pieces that might be almost possible, but I wouldn't think it could last long. No, I don't know crap about firing artillery.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think we could win that war with a pile of cheeseburgers. Half that country is starving and the other half is worried about a firing squad.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

My knowledge of artillary is about thirty years dated. To my knowledge, even rocket boosted 155 shells do not reach 30 mile targets, Is this still correct?

Of course this leaves his arsenal of rockets and whatever missiles he has managed to make functional.

You're still probably decades ahead. The Norks seem to be trapped in a shítty version of 1958.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A lot of the Republican Guard dropped their weapons and ran or raised a white flag. I personally don't think the Norks would do that. Way to brained washed or terrified of being caugbt.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
j
Originally Posted by RS308MX
A lot of the Republican Guard dropped their weapons and ran or raised a white flag. I personally don't think the Norks would do that. Way to brained washed or terrified of being caugbt.

We never dreamed the Iraquis would either.

We won't know until it happens. The Norks might drop their weapons at the sight of full bowl of rice. On the other hand, they might fight like the Japanese on the islands of the South Pacific.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
North Korea seems to be in much worse shape than it was in 1950. I don't think China and Russia will be the allies they were in 1950 either.

Kim IL Fugked.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chicom infused MLR's would be the main threat IMO with their range of 80-200 km depending on which mods were in use and would reek havoc for awhile until found and neutralized.

Having been deployed to the peninsula even though many moons ago I don't take their threats lightly especially dealing with a 1.5 million man army which BTW is no cake walk or easy task even with our overwhelming air assets.

Woody
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
IIRC, the OP mentioned "pre-emptive strike" and intelligence.
Sounds do-able to me.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Thanks Woody,

Is there any chance, with today's tech, that we do not already have each one identified and targeted?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Everyone seems to think NK would be a pushover. We were there 65 years ago.

The Middle East is a quagmire and our military's capabilities have them beat 100:1.

No war is going to be easy. I do believe if we can change the ROE and toss political correctness out the window, it will go considerably better. I'm not sure where that would leave us in the eyes of the rest of the world.

People have been killing people since before the first weapon was invented. I'm becoming more of an isolationist as these "wars for profit" are taking the lives of our brave men and women.

Controversy makes certain people a LOT of money. It will not stop.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Is there any chance, with today's tech, that we do not already have each one identified and targeted?

I wouldn't go as far to say each one but I'm quite sure we have a good idea especially from our bumper to bumper Sat intel over many years. grin

I may be 100% wrong but don't see this escalating into an all out shooting war.The Norks would get their first licks in then know they'd be bombed back to the Stone Age.

Woody
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You got that rigbt. The little buggers elevator does not go to the top floor.

I can't remember who it was that interviewed Saddam but he was asked why he throws his political enemies into prison and he retorted back that President Bush did the same thing here in America, the reporter told him that he was wrong and that people were allowed to criticize President Bush and they were not thrown into prison.

The look of disbelief on Saddams face was priceless, he had no idea that criticism of the president was allowed.

I think the little phat fuqkers world is just as small.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
j

We never dreamed the Iraquis would either.

We won't know until it happens. The Norks might drop their weapons at the sight of full bowl of rice. On the other hand, they might fight like the Japanese on the islands of the South Pacific.

I don't remember if it was on Laura I, or on Hannity, or some other talk radio, but they were talking about these women who had escaped NK, and they indicated they would much rather die than face whatever being returned would mean. They also said it was not uncommon for NKoreans to risk being killed in the process of getting a bowl of food.

If we played our cards right, 'taking' NK might easily be a very simple deal; just get their persecutors out of the way first.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 04/28/17.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
How do they roll it out if the rails are damaged?

I don't know and I'm not certain the artillery pieces are mobile. I got that piece of information from someone who studied the nork's artillery capabilities.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

My artillery knowledge is becoming dated too. I'm 13 years out.

But I'm guessing if he has 10K serviceable howitzers, (a big if), and if some of them are able to range Seoul, they would just about have to be set up wheel-to-wheel in a fairly small piece of real estate to mass fires on Seoul.

It would make a very lucrative target.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I don't think the winner of this dirty skirmish is in doubt.

The political play is, who will take in the (all ready) starving millions of generational indoctrinated refuges?

Ivanka?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add

The political play is, who will take in the (all ready) starving millions of generational indoctrinated refuges?

Ivanka?

Actually I'd much rather take in Korean refugees, at least they have a yearning to be free.

Besides, for the most part the women are gorgeous.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Does have the smell of Sadam back before the big sand storm(s).

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by add

Ivanka?

Actually I'd much rather take in Korean refugees, at least they have a yearning to be free.

"Yearning to be free"?

NK is a deeply structured cult of citizenry.

Winning hearts and minds won't fly (again).

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Plain and simple, somebody needs to B1tch slap him.

How to do it with minimal harm to civilians is another story.

Arcus Venator
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
The Chinese, absolutely, do not want them on the monetary or cultural ledger.

SK is too long removed tribally and economically to reunite.

This is not on the scale of the (thousands) Syrians, Somalis , or Hmong "crisis"...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they should do a drill and evacuate Seoul

make sure lil Kim knows

does a feller good to sweat a lil

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by add

Ivanka?

Ah, the vast bosom.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I listened to an Interview with a retired British Admiral a year or so ago. According to him we could cripple his military and country in less than 12 hours with almost exclusively precision strikes. Now I have no idea the damage he could cause in 12 hours.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by add

Ivanka?

Ah, the vast bosom.

Vast and deep.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They can hit Seoul with that artillery, and the slaughter will be grim and great.

Bush, and Clinton, and Obama had their way with our usual punching bags, delivering bombs and missiles onto Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan at will. Those countries can't fight back.
N. Korea can slaughter people in Seoul with conventional weapons, the likes of which we have not seen since Hiroshima.

M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I might be wrong but I don't think there's political solution to this one. I think fatboy knows he's a dead man walking and he's planning on going out with a bang.

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by add

Ivanka?

Actually I'd much rather take in Korean refugees...

That addition off the rambler, exactly how many sq ft is it?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
2 days ago, Wheel to wheel, all in a row. Brilliant.

[Linked Image]

An A-10 Squadron's wet dream.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
35 miles to the DMZ. No artillery made can do that.

When the Russian artillery surrounded Berlin....41,000 pieces of Heavy Artillery, all started at once.......

And the ROCs are not slouches.........

If anything the runt would make a wider DMZ....

Last edited by 257_X_50; 04/28/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and all of this threat stuff ignores the fact that South Korea has an army of it's own.

Sam......

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by k20350
I listened to an Interview with a retired British Admiral a year or so ago. According to him we could cripple his military and country in less than 12 hours with almost exclusively precision strikes. Now I have no idea the damage he could cause in 12 hours.

I read a report by a retired army analyst that was quite concise, in fact it was breath taking in the detail he reported about their strengths and weakness. We would destroy their military at the rate of 1% per hour . So it would take longer then 12 hours.

I would imagine that he has miles of tunnels along the DMZ , I think we are better equipped to handle tunnels based on a very recent event.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The artillery that scares me are the implacements along the DMZ. I don't know know the distance from the DMZ to the CBD in Seoul but I assume it is within artillery range.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Everyone seems to think NK would be a pushover. We were there 65 years ago.

The Middle East is a quagmire and our military's capabilities have them beat 100:1.

No war is going to be easy. I do believe if we can change the ROE and toss political correctness out the window, it will go considerably better. I'm not sure where that would leave us in the eyes of the rest of the world.

People have been killing people since before the first weapon was invented. I'm becoming more of an isolationist as these "wars for profit" are taking the lives of our brave men and women.

Controversy makes certain people a LOT of money. It will not stop.
65 years ago, we were fighting the Chinese. That wouldn't be the case this time.
The NORK army is large, though. I read that enlistments stay very high because the people are starving and the army feeds it's men well. Only the soldiers get their 3 squares. That's not saying it's a quality, well trained army, just that there are a lot of them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Some of the artillery allegedly is on rails and can be rolled back into hillsides for safety.

That may have been viable in WW2 and up through Vietnam but those were pre-satalite days. Don't think we don't know every defensive fortification they have now and haven't been watching them move them in detail.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
and all of this threat stuff ignores the fact that South Korea has an army of it's own.

This.

South Korea has the wealth and resources to take care of itself.

Why is any of this our responsibility?

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Again my knowledge is limited. I do not see Asian soldiers as similar to Iraqis. My understanding is that the Norks execute the entire families of those who would surrender, or even fail. If your family is truly on the line, you will not stop.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Again my knowledge is limited. I do not see Asian soldiers as similar to Iraqis. My understanding is that the Norks execute the entire families of those who would surrender, or even fail. If your family is truly on the line, you will not stop.
I wouldn't give the Iraqis that much credit. If the Rag countries ain't executing the whole family and their pet goat, then they just haven't thought of it yet. The Koreans may be tougher and better though. The ROK Marines were some of the best fighters in Vietnam.

If China really gets on board we can starve them into submission. About the only thing I think is a possible (not plausible) threat from the NORKS is an EMP. I think if we really decide to get it on we'll wipe them out inside a week with no significant casualties to South Korea.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I

[Linked Image]

No need for low altitude work when we can deliver CBU 105's by the truckload from the B1.
https://youtu.be/AEXMHf2Usso

https://youtu.be/myuZUxS3Uww

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I wouldn't give the Iraqis that much credit. If the Rag countries ain't executing the whole family and their pet goat, then they just haven't thought of it yet. The Koreans may be tougher and better though. The ROK Marines were some of the best fighters in Vietnam.

If China really gets on board we can starve them into submission. About the only thing I think is a possible (not plausible) threat from the NORKS is an EMP. I think if we really decide to get it on we'll wipe them out inside a week with no significant casualties to South Korea.

If that were so, why hasnt it been done, before he gets the nuclear capability, or is that what we are fixing to do?

How does a starving nation continue to have overpopulation? Regular folks cant be able to get good health care. How can they survive common illnesses along with starvation?

If Kim is a dead man walking and knows it, will he try and go out with a bang or sell out to keep his life and wife?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The artillery that scares me are the implacements along the DMZ. I don't know know the distance from the DMZ to the CBD in Seoul but I assume it is within artillery range.

From the assessment I read it said they were out of range of Seoul but with rocket assisted shells could go 35 miles.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

[Linked Image]

No need for low altitude work when we can deliver CBU 105's by the truckload from the B1.
https://youtu.be/AEXMHf2Usso

https://youtu.be/myuZUxS3Uww

That weapon is incredible

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx

If that were so, why hasnt it been done, before he gets the nuclear capability, or is that what we are fixing to do?

How does a starving nation continue to have overpopulation? Regular folks cant be able to get good health care. How can they survive common illnesses along with starvation?

If Kim is a dead man walking and knows it, will he try and go out with a bang or sell out to keep his life and wife?
The big boys don't want the NORKS taken out.

They outbreed the famine. They don't survive common illnesses and starvation.

Who knows what Kim will do as it's difficult to predict the actions of the insane.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"35 miles to the DMZ. No artillery made can do that."

Damn, you are right. I just looked it up. I have been saying, on this thread and elsewhere, for years that the North could decimate Seoul with artillery. I have read that in articles and heard it on the radio for years.

But those cannons can't shoot 35 miles. WTF?
Why are these experts on tv talking about the artillery danger to Seoul, when there is none?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just got off a phone call with my cousin, Retired Senior Officer who was stationed in Korea for a while and my son who was in Korea last fall. Here are some comments regarding the Norks and their abilities...

1. Don't think the Norks will fight like the Iraqis. Much more dedicated to the cause.
2. In the event of an artillery exchange, Seoul will be reduced to ashes.
3. the nork's artillery is most certainly capable of hitting Seoul and that is where the problem lies.
4. By the time we could get rounds on nork positions, they would have been able to devastate Seoul .
5. We know where many tunnels are but we're not sure we know where they all are. Expect literally divisions of nork infantry to infiltrate the DMZ, via tunnels.
There's more but this should give some visibility to what we're talking about.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
War is profitable for those in high places. It has become unpopular and there is usually an end to a war. This constant conflict is still very profitable to those same people and the timeline is indefinite. Just keeping those coffers full or we'd be long gone.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The biggest anticipated cost of a North Korean artillery barrage in response to an attack would be the at least partial destruction of Seoul. But the volume of fire that the North can direct against the South Korean capital is limited by some important factors. Of the vast artillery force deployed by the North along the border, only a small portion — Koksan 170-mm self-propelled guns, as well as 240-mm and 300-mm multiple launch rocket systems — are capable of actually reaching Seoul. Broadly speaking, the bulk of Pyongyang's artillery can reach only into the northern border area of South Korea or the northern outskirts of Seoul.

https://www.stratfor.com/analysis/how-north-korea-would-retaliate

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
War is profitable for those in high places. It has become unpopular and there is usually an end to a war. This constant conflict is still very profitable to those same people and the timeline is indefinite. Just keeping those coffers full or we'd be long gone.

Wouldn't it be much easier to give them our grain, pull out our troops, and let them invade south korea, and maybe japan? Whatever they need as long as they spare us.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Wouldn't it be much easier to give them our grain, pull out our troops, and let them invade south korea, and maybe japan? Whatever they need as long as they spare us.
Throw in the Kardashian women and Kaitlyn too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe china would like the Philippines, and russia could have the ukraine too. But we'd be safe right?

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just got off a phone call with my cousin, Retired Senior Officer who was stationed in Korea for a while and my son who was in Korea last fall. Here are some comments regarding the Norks and their abilities...

1. Don't think the Norks will fight like the Iraqis. Much more dedicated to the cause.
2. In the event of an artillery exchange, Seoul will be reduced to ashes.
3. the nork's artillery is most certainly capable of hitting Seoul and that is where the problem lies.
4. By the time we could get rounds on nork positions, they would have been able to devastate Seoul .
5. We know where many tunnels are but we're not sure we know where they all are. Expect literally divisions of nork infantry to infiltrate the DMZ, via tunnels.
There's more but this should give some visibility to what we're talking about.

I have a coupla' INERT examples of the round / projo that the mossy old M 107 bugger tossed 21 miles with conservative charges.
They look like scaled up 168 gr SMKs, scaled up, bore riders, with a combo delrin and copper driving bands are just slicker than snot.

Will cut right to the chase here with an excerpt, and follow with a link to the M 107's whole banana in closing.

The M107 was also used by the Israel Defense Forces in the various Arab–Israeli conflicts from the Yom Kippur War on. During the Yom Kippur War it was one of the few weapons able to destroy Egyptian and Syrian anti-aircraft missile positions. Of the 15 SA-2 batteries lost by Egypt on the east bank of the Suez Canal, 13 were destroyed by M107s. When the IDF crossed the Suez Canal in Operation Gazelle, M107 SP guns were among the first to cross together with tanks and APC's. M107s also had sufficient range to hit the Syrian capital of Damascus.
When these guns were outranged by rocket fire from Tyre, they were upgraded with the addition of extended range, full-bore ammunition and new powder supplied by Gerald Bull's Space Research Corporation. This allowed operations over 50 km with increased accuracy. The IDF acquired over 200 vehicles.[9] In IDF service, the M107 is known as the Romach (spear or lance).

Lemme just opine that it's pretty common knowledge that ole Gerald Bull would work for, and sell his taper bore, duplex charged artillery tech to the highest bidder,...and their politics did not enter into the equation. In a word, the SOB would and could have sold to the Kim dynasty,.....and as well, his formulae and equations were floating around the arms trade world for years after his own particular expiry date.

Those guns deeply dug in on the NORK side CAN hit Seoul,...take that to the BANK.

Knowing where they are is one thing,....being able to take them out with any great ease, QUITE another. As I've mentioned before, attacking that system is commonly discussed in terms of MEGATONS of energy, whether conventional or nuke.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M107_self-propelled_gun

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe china would like the Philippines, and russia could have the ukraine too. But we'd be safe right?
Personally, I'd just give them Alaska. Y'all have all that crime up there what with the raging Eskimos and suchlike and now we've got all these windmills and don't really need the oil. Give Putin Alaska and let Kanye go along with the Kardashians to put on his minstrel shows for Putin. He has that line of clown clothes he went bankrupt on, maybe he can revive that and the Rooskies will go for it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Personally, I'd just give them Alaska. Y'all have all that crime up there what with the raging Eskimos and suchlike and now we've got all these windmills and don't really need the oil. Give Putin Alaska and let Kanye go along with the Kardashians to put on his minstrel shows for Putin. He has that line of clown clothes he went bankrupt on, maybe he can revive that and the Rooskies will go for it.

Only if he takes Kookafornia,Orygun and Warshington with it as a package deal. Just imagine Big Stick with a RUssian passport.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Thanks Aces and Cross for the links. Lots of great information there.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Think the question is if he or his generals have actually put together a real plan to attack SK, or just blustered about it - and does he have a delivery method ready for a nuke.

Only they know for sure, but if their nukes are so far just laboratory weapons, they may have a hard time setting one off in the field. Even dropping from an airplane isn't a trivial issue, and any plane headed south from NK is going to get shot to hell the moment it crosses the DMZ.

odds are he does have a bunch of nerve gas loaded on artillery shells, and they could kill a bunch of people. frown

They could load nukes onto cargo ships, sail them into our ports and explode them.

Last edited by ConradCA; 04/30/17.

[Linked Image from ]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ConradCA
...They could load nukes onto cargo ships, sail them into our ports and explode them.

I suspect every vessel leaving a NK port is monitored and would be sunk if it got within 1,000 miles of our coast.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Damn, you are right. I just looked it up. I have been saying, on this thread and elsewhere, for years that the North could decimate Seoul with artillery. I have read that in articles and heard it on the radio for years.

Why are these experts on tv talking about the artillery danger to Seoul, when there is none?

Except for this 170mm piece. 60 KM max range. It was developed in NK specifically for that purpose. Koksan M-1978 170 mm artillery piece

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Armednfree; 05/01/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Armednfree

Except for this 170mm piece. 60 KM max range. It was developed in NK specifically for that purpose. Koksan M-1978 170 mm artillery piece

[Linked Image]

Yeah but that is 27 miles , they have to go 35. How many of these weapons and how many shots do they get off before they are destroyed?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Counter-battery fire FTW.

Folks seem to think the US and S. Koreans will just sit there while being shelled.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Although they keep talking about artillery, I think the current threat is short and medium range rockets.

I think another problem is knowing exactly where they are because they're mobilized. I'm sure we could take out a bunch, but not all.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I seriously don't think people are giving the United States enough credit for its ability to wage war. Armies are founded on a number of things, but logistics and communication are near the top. Within hours of a conflict the NK will not be communicating with the men in the field--if that long. Every meaningful bridge, major thoroughfare, airfield, petrol supply depot, naval base and ship/submarine will be destroyed in the first day of conflict, secondary targets will come as necessary. Most assuredly, the leadership will suffer drastic reductions at the outset, including Kim. Properly placed MOAB bombs would take a heavy toll on artillery/tunnels near Seoul and would surely be simultaneous with the opening of conflict. Supply chains, such as they exist for the NK army would be disrupted--no one fights well without food, gas, clothes etc. Things that move of NK origin, will simply become targets. The conflict would undoubtedly begin at night, as the U.S. owns the night----by morning the conflict would already be moved to another level. We have yet to discuss the powerful SK army. How long will the NK fight without "leadership"? That might be the question. This is my take on it. Of course, YMMV

Last edited by 21; 05/01/17.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

[Linked Image]

Yeah but that is 27 miles , they have to go 35. How many of these weapons and how many shots do they get off before they are destroyed?

This is a map of the Korean DMZ. It is 56. 3 miles from Seoul. The could hit Seoul only with the rocket assisted rounds but then only if they were deployed on the very forward edge. That would be from the bulge in the line.

I figure the NORK's would try and push that bulge as to close the range. I also figure the U.S. and South Korea would turn that into a killing field and then cut it off.

Gotta figure that narcissistic cock sucker will try and run the battles himself, with no experience to do so. The same mistake Hitler made. Then you have to figure, when was the last time NORK forces went to real war. Was it 1953 at the end of the conflict when the DMZ was established? So nobody in the military of North Korea has any combat experience. The few little conflicts they engaged in do not prepare them for a war on their own soil.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Armednfree; 05/01/17.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 21
I seriously don't think people are giving the United States enough credit for its ability to wage war. Armies are founded on a number of things, but logistics and communication are near the top. Within hours of a conflict the NK will not be communicating with the men in the field--if that long. Every meaningful bridge, major thoroughfare, airfield, petrol supply depot, naval base and ship/submarine will be destroyed in the first day of conflict, secondary targets will come as necessary. Most assuredly, the leadership will suffer drastic reductions at the outset, including Kim. Properly placed MOAB bombs would take a heavy toll on artillery/tunnels near Seoul and would surely be simultaneous with the opening of conflict. Supply chains, such as they exist for the NK army would be disrupted--no one fights well without food, gas, clothes etc. Things that move of NK origin, will simply become targets. The conflict would undoubtedly begin at night, as the U.S. owns the night----by morning the conflict would already be moved to another level. We have yet to discuss the powerful SK army. How long will the NK fight without "leadership"? That might be the question. This is my take on it. Of course, YMMV
We are in agreement. Great summary.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

[Linked Image]

I was wrong on my part the range is actually 37 miles...didnj't do the conversion correctly. My apologies

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 21
We are in agreement. Great summary.

I think NOrth Korean technology is behind the times and will lead to another mismatch , this will be another repeat of Gulf War 1 but even more soldiers will be killed on their side.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
NK has left only one good option for the US, missile strike on Kim. Cut the head off the snake and avoid the drama.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
having worked that AO for a year in a unit not to be named, i can tell you that we have had that schit dialed in for decades. ya there would probably be some problems south of the border but in short order he would see some serious schit coming his way. actually he probably wouldn't see a lot of it other than the effect.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (1_deuce, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 204guy, 50 invisible), 2,634 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,472,005
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.