Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
carved Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I started posting on this forum a few weeks ago in hopes of getting some info that would allow me to decide whether to get a .22 or a .17 HMR, and what scope to go with the rifle. I used to own a Marlin Model 60, and have fond memories of having hunted with my grandfather and my uncles.

After weeks of letting my perfectionist tendencies get the better of me, and examining the details of various .22s and .17s, I decided to get a CZ 455 22LR, but not now.

I live in Connecticut. I'm sure many of you already know where this is going. In addition to a hunting license, ($28), I need to take ANOTHER firearms course to buy a certificate that will allow me to purchase a gun and/or ammo. This will be about $280 total, and must be renewed every five years at a cost of about $100, in addition to the cost of a new hunting license every year. As of February of this year, or governor has proposed increasing fees associated with all of this by another $25.

Having had my car struck by a car driven by a drunk illegal alien several years ago, and suffering a dislocated spine as a result, I have spent most of my savings on medical bills. I thought that I could tighten my belt and spend a few hundred for a nice bolt action rifle, something I've always wanted, but that won't be happening. I simply cannot afford to spend close to $1,000 to hunt a few squirrels.

As a silver lining to all of this, I know that the state will not be receiving any licensing fees from me in relation to all this.

Happy hunting to all of you, and thanks for all of your advice. I won't be seeing you in the field.

EDIT: I might be mistaken in having to take a second course at a cost of $180 (which would have brought the cost of everything to about $280 for the certificate) according to "Mike S" who posted on the second page. The other fees stand, however. This is much easier to deal with if I only have to pay an additional $100 instead of an additional $280.

All of this still rubs me the wrong way though. This legislation was rammed through after Adam Lanza went on his deranged killing spree. The powers that be took advantage of the fear in the state to pass what otherwise would not have passed.

That they want to milk people further for fingerprinting fees is just insulting. There's no other word for it.

Last edited by carved; 04/28/17.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ever hear of U-Haul?

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Schidt. Even California ain't that bad. Yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tough deal.
Can you move or transfer from that God Forsaken state?

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Better read california rules before jumping.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sorry. Hope this can be taken to court on the second. Imagine having to buy a license to print a newspaper for all the "if it..........." people out there.

I didn't realize Conn was that bad, it goes on my list of places to never visit.

Hope you are in a position where you can move.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd buy the gun out of state and screw the course & certificate.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Living like that isn't even really living.

It's just existing.

Sorry you are in that. Hopefully enough of you can vote your way out.

You sure can't shoot your way out.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That reads like a page from the Gulag Archipelago.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sorry to hear of your situation carved.

I take it you did not have uninsured motorist coverage then?

Do you have to do the same schidtt for an air gun also?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Sure the hell does!

To the OP,

You've just done exactly what they wanted you to do, give up your right.

Fuqkem! Move out of that POS state and buy your rifle and go hunting!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Either move or practice civil disobedience. The fight is now, not later.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Perhaps an airgun will do until you move to another state.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537

http://www.network54.com/Forum/622572

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Either move or practice civil disobedience. The fight is now, not later.

I'd be visiting a gun shop in another state, and heading home with 5,000 rounds of 22 also.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by carved
I started posting on this forum a few weeks ago in hopes of getting some info that would allow me to decide whether to get a .22 or a .17 HMR, and what scope to go with the rifle. I used to own a Marlin Model 60, and have fond memories of having hunted with my grandfather and my uncles.

After weeks of letting my perfectionist tendencies get the better of me, and examining the details of various .22s and .17s, I decided to get a CZ 455 22LR, but not now.

I live in Connecticut. I'm sure many of you already know where this is going. In addition to a hunting license, ($28), I need to take ANOTHER firearms course to buy a certificate that will allow me to purchase a gun and/or ammo. This will be about $280 total, and must be renewed every five years at a cost of about $100, in addition to the cost of a new hunting license every year. As of February of this year, or governor has proposed increasing fees associated with all of this by another $25.

Having had my car struck by a car driven by a drunk illegal alien several years ago, and suffering a dislocated spine as a result, I have spent most of my savings on medical bills. I thought that I could tighten my belt and spend a few hundred for a nice bolt action rifle, something I've always wanted, but that won't be happening. I simply cannot afford to spend close to $1,000 to hunt a few squirrels.

As a silver lining to all of this, I know that the state will not be receiving any licensing fees from me in relation to all this.

Happy hunting to all of you, and thanks for all of your advice. I won't be seeing you in the field.

Find a buddy with an old one, pay cash..you have owned for decades.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CA is trying to get that licensing BS going, NEVER, they just made a criminal out of me, [bleep] them, I have reached my limit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear

That's because the same people who controlled the Gulag are the same, ideologically, who control Conn., and many of the eastern States. Same in Calif., Oregon, and Washington.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Read your post twice. All I got was "I live in a rogue state treasonous to the laws of my country". Did I miss something? JFC, needing to register, and license, to buy a gun is just wrong.

But let this be a lesson to any that come here and espouse "common sense" gun laws.

Feel bad for you. But it sounds like a creative guy like yourself may have a 'grandfather' clause. I'll bet you could turn up that old Marlin (maybe some others you forgot about). Do the communists your neighbors voted for control those too, since you already 'own' them?

If not, like 'flave said, call Uhaul and GTFO.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Life's to short, and to much freedom with just a move across state lines, to live under such law.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sure sounds like your rights have been infringed on to me. What is next to go? If I was you, it would be me.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (219 Wasp, 1234, 219DW, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,080
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.