Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by DMB
I would LOVE to see this subject come to an end...

You're in Michigan,.... it's February,... 'da hell else ya got ta do?

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by DMB
I would LOVE to see this subject come to an end...

You're in Michigan,.... it's February,... 'da hell else ya got ta do?

End this train wreck....
Post mortems suck..

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Out of all the threads that have been burning the board over the last two days, the thing that surprises me the most is that here in 2007 some debate if it is thin skinned for a black to be offended being called a [bleep], of Chinese a chink.

It doesn't offend me, so I can just ignore it, and the chink should just ignore it too, hit the ignore button... or be a little tougher, be a man?

I've been called wop and dago many times and it doesn't bother me a bit...but then again it never seems to come with the same disdain as I hear with some other slurs, rather it usually comes with a smile.

This should have never become a debate about who is more popular, or who contributed more to the forum, that has nothing to do with it.

It is all about respect for others, members and moderators, alike. I don't know if that makes me old fashion or PC, just the way I was raised I guess.

I hope Rick and Stick can come to an agreement down the road, but I think pride is gonna be a problem.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Blaine
Will it be a place of civil discourse where knowledge can be shared, or will it be a place of hostility where every disagreement ends in insulting and name calling?

I think I'd prefer a happy medium. The term "civil discourse" makes it sound like a backgammon club for old blue haired ladies.

On the other hand,... an occasional good old squabble is a valuable purge for the soul,.... providing it doesn't involve duct tapin' ya kids heads all up.

"Civil" refers only to the manner in which the persons in question treat each other. It is very possible to have a "civil discourse" where one party absolutely destroys the other party's argument without belittling anyone in the process.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
hit the ignore button...

Where IS the ignore button, BTW? confused I am once again seeing messages from someone I had on my ignore list almost from the moment I joined the Campfire. And I realize how nice that was... and would like to do it again. Can anyone help?

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
YESSSSS!!! I figured it out! Oh happy day... laugh For a minute I thought the ignore button had gone away.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
Originally Posted by Barkoff
hit the ignore button...

Where IS the ignore button, BTW? confused I am once again seeing messages from someone I had on my ignore list almost from the moment I joined the Campfire. And I realize how nice that was... and would like to do it again. Can anyone help?

Penny

I'd like to know that too<bet we had the same poster on ignore Penny> It was no big deal to clean out all the PMs....but this is seriousshocked sick mad

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I'd like to know that too<bet we had the same poster on ignore Penny> It was no big deal to clean out all the PMs....but this is seriousshocked sick mad

Click on the poster's name in the avatar area to the left of the message. Then click on "View profile." On the poster's profile page there is a button that says "ignore this user."

Happy to be of help. wink

Penny

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't use the 'ignore' function....it feels, to me, like telling the other person they actually managed to crawl under your skin....but I can see why some people opt to use it.

That said, I HAVE been temptedgrin!!

Where has Mr. B been?? Haven't seen him around...

HoundGirl

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
To no one in particular
Why do the people who want this line of discussion to end or are bothered by reading it, keep chiming in or reading.
To my amazement, I find myself almost in agreement with Bristoe!!!
Is this a wacky world or what.
t

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
To 280 Rem - I must have punched the wrong button. My preceding comments were directed at 2MuchGun and not yourself. Sorry.

It really doesn't matter, as all 3 of you are pussies and culls in my opinion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WTF?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
To no one in particular
Why do the people who want this line of discussion to end or are bothered by reading it, keep chiming in or reading.
To my amazement, I find myself almost in agreement with Bristoe!!!
Is this a wacky world or what.
t
..........similar effect of watching a train wreck, I guess......... grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Larry loved baiting people. Larry either wanted to get his nick suspended, or was baited into doing it. I kind of hope it was the latter, as the irony would be wonderful. I bet Larry would laugh at it too.

But any way you cut it, Larry isn't here because Larry doesn't want to be here. He could have backed off on pushing peoples buttons, or he could re-register a new nick and be back here in a heartbeat. Even blocking IP's won't work, as there are plenty of free email accounts and proxy servers out there.

I did send Rick a PM, asking Rick to talk to Larry about his race-baiting. I never mentioneded a ban. I also mentioned that I believed that Larry was under the impression that he was just "messing around". I let Larry know the race-baiting wasn't appreciated publicly a full day before I sent my message to Rick. By that time Larry had gone full tilt.

My wife is a "chink". My son is "half-chink". A lot of my good friends and co-workers are "chinks". Saying "chinks aint people" and continuing to mock all Asians doesn't fly with me. It's not about Political Correctness, it's about decency. For the same reason, I won't call a man's wife a whore, even if she was a lead earner at the Bunny Ranch.

My take on it is that Larry wanted to play the lead role in his version of Vanishing Point. Who here was really surprised that the remake used the same ending as the original?

Regards,
Scott

Can't blame a guy who settled for a chink to be pissed about it, let alone having to read about it on the 'net...

At least you fessed up to crying about your situation to Rick, kudos to addmitting to being a pussy.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My ears are burning, could say more but probably don't need to...

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
WTF?

That's twice that you have posed with the innocent look, it's just a mirror dude, you are what you are...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And that would be what? You're [bleep]' nuts. Hope you're drunk and not really this stupid.......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
wow been lurking, but accraholic's last contributiion kinda' sealed the deal for me...got no room for that [bleep] in cyber world or the "real" world. what an (theres an edit here folks) IGNORANT, [bleep] AZZHOLE.....

Last edited by sturgeon; 02/06/07.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by sturgeon
wow been lurking, but accraholic's last contributiion kinda' sealed the deal for me...got no room for that [bleep] in cyber world or the "real" world. what a [bleep] AZZHOLE

Please control your language, this is a family site you know, changing a few letters might confuse the 'puter but kids are smarter than you think...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
no, thank knoe (tip another one back)....signing off

PS. I spelled IGNORANT CORRECTLY?????????????????

Last edited by sturgeon; 02/07/07.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1lessdog, 1234, 22250rem, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,230 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,366
Posts18,506,409
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.