-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Temps have waxed and waned for millions of years. Nothing we do in a few brief seconds of geologic time will alter those processes.

1Minute
GB1

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nevertheless, average temperatures are rising even though daily temperatures vary. We know that glaciers are melting and sea levels are rising. such melting can only be caused by rising temperatures. Why they are rising is debatable, is it climate change, global warming or natural fluctuations?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pueblo, Colorado set a record yesterday by hitting 74 degrees, matching the record set in 1928. Of course, the members of the Church of Climtology started screaming "CLIMATE CHANGE!"

Except doesn't this simply prove it was just as hot 89 years ago?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
But... But... RACISM....!!!!!

lmfao at the LIBTARDS

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Our Jan high here in West Texas was 90 degrees in 1916.

Our Feb high here was 95 in 1917.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Climate is racist! All that white ice keeps us from seeing the black dirt. Black suppression!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs
Nevertheless, average temperatures are rising even though daily temperatures vary. We know that glaciers are melting and sea levels are rising. such melting can only be caused by rising temperatures. Why they are rising is debatable, is it climate change, global warming or natural fluctuations?

Climate change is real. "Man Made Climate Change" is complete BS.
The Earth is in a warning trend, as are Mars, Venus and Mercury. The facts don't lie.
But climate scientists are pretty much funded by government grants, and those who deny man made climate change find themselves getting less than those who support the agenda.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Do you all deny what doctors tell you as well? Just curious - if you want to flee science, it seems like you should flee it entirely. No medicine, no surgery - hell - no medical help at all! No internet. No phones. No cars. No tractors. No guns. All brought to you by science. Then again, oil companies aren't creating FUD for those other technologies, so nothing there for you to fall for. :-/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MNDan
Do you all deny what doctors tell you as well? Just curious - if you want to flee science, it seems like you should flee it entirely. No medicine, no surgery - hell - no medical help at all! No internet. No phones. No cars. No tractors. No guns. All brought to you by science. Then again, oil companies aren't creating FUD for those other technologies, so nothing there for you to fall for. :-/

Oh, would you be asking about the American Medical Association? You know, the gifted scientists that brought us Low-Fat Diets when the only thing backing them was the Dairy Industry's desire to pimp milk after all the good stuff (that sells without effort) is taken out? Or the one that kills more people daily than drunks driving? Or the one that pushes programs that have left the US well out of the top 50 countries in areas like pediatric mortality? Or any of the others...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Careful with your answer, there may be a follow-up question...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A Terrifying, Deadly Storm Struck Idaho In 1949 And No One Saw It Coming
Idaho, with its tumultuous geology, diverse weather regions, and abundant scenic beauty is no stranger to the darker forces of nature and nor the impacts of its human residents. In 1910, the Big Burn ravaged Northern Idaho, the product of a grueling summer storm. In 1976, the Teton Dam collapsed, devastating the eastern part of the state. But Idaho’s storm of the century created a winter disaster that was just as unexpected and deadly, the most intense seen since the 1800s, and far more brutal than any other weather-related event seen since. In 1949–a mere two generations ago–an unprecedented cold snap tore through southern Idaho, virtually isolating the southern half of the state for weeks and shutting down the economy for a month. But low temperatures are only part of this chilling story.

Much more with several pictures in provided link..

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/idaho/deadly-winter-storm-id/

Dad remembered the winter of 49 here in SW Idaho, and talked about it numerous times.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Look at the graph. 5 hot zones and 4 ice zones in the past 420,000 years. They can follow these cycles back 800,000 years. Im thinking the dinosaurs were driving too many cars.

http://www.collective-evolution.com...uggestss-global-warming-is-not-man-made/

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
Idaho, with its tumultuous geology, diverse weather regions, and abundant scenic beauty is no stranger to the darker forces of nature and nor the impacts of its human residents. In 1910, the Big Burn ravaged Northern Idaho, the product of a grueling summer storm. In 1976, the Teton Dam collapsed, devastating the eastern part of the state. But Idaho’s storm of the century created a winter disaster that was just as unexpected and deadly, the most intense seen since the 1800s, and far more brutal than any other weather-related event seen since. In 1949–a mere two generations ago–an unprecedented cold snap tore through southern Idaho, virtually isolating the southern half of the state for weeks and shutting down the economy for a month. But low temperatures are only part of this chilling story.

Dad remembered the winter of 49 here in SW Idaho, and talked about it numerous times.

I dont think that bicycle pic was taken in 49. grin

I Dindo Nuffin
JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Things never stay the same, and that includes the climate, or the weather, ever how you choose to label it. It runs in cycles, and always has, always will. I've heard the old folks talk about the bad winters in years past, and the hot summers as well. I've read the weather records for our area, and the record temps and precipitation are always in the period before the "experts" told us we were having climate change.

That was my point in starting this thread. Just about all the weather records occurred years ago, and yet we are told that it's hotter now, and drier, or wetter, or whatever bullchit the "experts" can come up with. There is no doubt that regardless of what our weather does, these people will spin it to their desired conclusion. They're not really interested in climate change anyway, as much as they're interested in finding an opportunity to use it to promote their liberal agenda.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never seem to see the Experts provide any real sort of perspective. From my amateur seat, it appears that the occasional volcano or meteor strike has had a far more dramatic effect on global affairs.
Were you to review much of the same literature from the late 60's and 70's, many of these very same expert institutions were sure we were heading into a period of global cooling. AND, we were nearly out of oil.
I'm so confused.....

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH

I was born in '48 so I was only a few months old during that storm. My parents had a lot to say about it over the years. We lived in Payette, a tiny town on the OR border.

About that bicycle...I looked it up. Campagnolo invented the front derailleur in '48. Their rear derailleur had been around for a while. It's possible that someone got their hands on one in time for that storm.

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
By MN standards, the big storm of '49 was ho hum. However, it's what you're prepared for. A storm like that in so. Idaho just doesn't happen so they weren't equipped for it. Even today, most towns down have snow plows. It's hard to justify the expense for 1 or 2 6" snowfalls each winter. A foot of snow here will only happen once every 2 or 3 years. We've only been below 0 a few nights in the last several years. When I was a kid in Boise, maybe in the late 50's or early 60's, we had a couple weeks of -20. It caused all kinds of havoc but it hasn't happened again in over 50 years.

― George Orwell

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
R C, how about the post its leaning against? wink

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know the history of sign posts. Your average post hasn't piqued my interest enough to extensively research it's history.

― George Orwell

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It’s raining like hell here now. Climate change??

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (44mc, 35, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 8 invisible), 1,454 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,420
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.