Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Sig P320 has a very good trigger right out of the box

I've owned a couple. It wasnt bad, but wasnt for me. The more I spent time with it, the more I disliked the way it felt in my hands. Thought the modularity was a cool idea though, if thats actually a word lol

The modularity doesn’t matter to me but I really like the 320. I’ve found them to be accurate and the grip fits my hand well.

Yeah the 2 I owned were shooters as well.

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tominboise
X stands for "crossover". Marketing nomenclature only....17 frame with a 19 slide.

BTW - I like mine. Gen 4 mags fit fine.

10-4, Thanks tominboise and TRH.

Trump Won!
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
but I really like the 320. I’ve found them to be accurate and the grip fits my hand well.

Yes, the 320 is a great gun & I like it a lot too.............I think the Carry-X will follow me home one of these days.

MM

Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore has a nice deal on the X-Carry and ROMEO1 combo for $699.99.

Combo Deal

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
P320 has noticeably more flip due to much higher bore axis than Glock. I was excited about it when first introduced, but shot it side by side with my Glock 17 and the sensation of flip with the Sig was a deal breaker.

I love the high bore axis.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
P320 has noticeably more flip due to much higher bore axis than Glock. I was excited about it when first introduced, but shot it side by side with my Glock 17 and the sensation of flip with the Sig was a deal breaker.

there are many hear who mocks real hawkeye and Glockduffies not knowin that both of them is secret a part of 9th level mensa ninja department, knowin that hittin a throwen asparin 3 times in air requires lowest bore possible they are secret about it but tries to give hints.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The bore axis issue wasn't even on my radar when I enthusiastically bought the Sig P320 immediately upon its introduction. That only came after I had been confused as to why I was getting such a noticeable (and annoying) flip from shooting it vs my Glock 17, which I was shooting side by side. I immediately started searching various gun forums to see if I was the only one who noticed it, and lo and behold, it was a common observation.

That was my first exposure to the whole bore axis height explanation, and it makes perfect sense from the perspective of very basic concepts of physics. Higher bore axis increases the leverage advantage attached to the force exerted by recoil in a muzzle-upward direction. It's really not complicated if you just think about it.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
The bore axis issue wasn't even on my radar when I enthusiastically bought the Sig P320 immediately upon its introduction. That only came after I had been confused as to why I was getting such a noticeable (and annoying) flip from shooting it vs my Glock 17, which I was shooting side by side. I immediately started searching various gun forums to see if I was the only one who noticed it, and lo and behold, it was a common observation.

That was my first exposure to the whole bore axis height explanation, and it makes perfect sense from the perspective of very basic concepts of physics. Higher bore axis increases the leverage advantage attached to the force exerted by recoil in a muzzle-upward direction. It's really not complicated if you just think about it.

I’m would have to shoot something with a lot more recoil than 9mm 147 grain +P+ to notice any muzzle flip in my 320

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Orville

there are many hear who mocks real hawkeye and Glockduffies not knowin that both of them is secret a part of 9th level mensa ninja department, knowin that hittin a throwen asparin 3 times in air requires lowest bore possible they are secret about it but tries to give hints.

ROTFLMAO. I ONLY I’D KNOWN SOONER!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I’m would have to shoot something with a lot more recoil than 9mm 147 grain +P+ to notice any muzzle flip in my 320

Probably depends on your experience level. I've been an avid handgun shooter since 1980, so even a subtle difference is more likely going to be noticed and to be considered annoying.

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O

Probably depends on your experience level. I've been an avid handgun shooter since 1980, so even a subtle difference is more likely going to be noticed and to be considered annoying.

see the menses know!

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I suspect I’ve got a hell of a lot more handgun shooting experience than you do and I’m not a weakling that can’t still arm a 9mm semi auto. You must be really intouch with your feminist side, might want to be careful there.

Bluedreaux, shot his 320 against a timer an found zero difference in time. It is a non issue. .

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I suspect I’ve got a hell of a lot more handgun shooting experience than you do and I’m not a weakling that can’t still arm a 9mm semi auto. You must be really intouch with your feminist side, might want to be careful there.

Bluedreaux, shot his 320 against a timer an found zero difference in time. It is a non issue. .

Some people don't notice it. Others do, and don't like the sensation (regardless if they can't detect a time difference). The fact that it exists is a mere fact of physics. It's pretty silly to argue that it doesn't exist.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Some people don't notice it. Others do, and don't like the sensation (regardless if they can't detect a time difference). The fact that it exists is a mere fact of physics. It's pretty silly to argue that it doesn't exist.

Physics, explain your knowledge of physic in how it relates to shooting a pistol, please. No one has argued existence that I am aware of, a bait and switch perhaps. I believe we said it is irrelevant to performance.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Physics, explain your knowledge of physic in how it relates to shooting a pistol, please. No one has argued existence that I am aware of, a bait and switch perhaps. I believe we said it is irrelevant to performance.

I've explained the physics. I believe I spoke of a preference for the Glock service sized pistols vs the Sig P320 based on disliking the sensation of the muzzle flip with the Sig, which is quite noticeable to me, having been a Glock guy for a few years now, then trying the Sig P320 when it first came out. I don't like it. You may differ. That's fine. No need to bring our discussion into the gutter. What would that accomplish?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I've explained the physics. I believe I spoke of a preference for the Glock service sized pistols vs the Sig P320 based on disliking the sensation of the muzzle flip with the Sig, which is quite noticeable to me, having been a Glock guy for a few years now, then trying the Sig P320 when it first came out. I don't like it. You may differ. That's fine. No need to bring our discussion into the gutter. What would that accomplish?

You brought “physics” into the discussion, I’d like to know how physics relates to shooting a pistol. Personal preference I get.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It has to do with mechanical advantage based on the position of the bore line in relation to the palm. The greater the mechanical advantage, the more the rotational force ("muzzle flip") is increased. Think of a lever, and how much more weight you can lift the further you are from the fulcrum, even though the amount of effort on your part (analogous to actual recoil) remains constant.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
It has to do with mechanical advantage based on the position of the bore line in relation to the palm. The greater the mechanical advantage, the more the rotational force ("muzzle flip") is increased. Think of a lever, and how much more weight you can lift the further you are from the fulcrum, even though the amount of effort on your part (analogous to actual recoil) remains constant.

So it leaverage. Physics isn’t needed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even if you're able to see a difference in the sights between a 320 and 19 / 17, a good shooter won't see a difference in actual on target performance when they put themselves against a timer. I tried to outshoot a 320 with my M&P. Really hard. And on target they were indiscernible.

It's like arguing that your truck with 34" tires will make it through the mud better than a truck with 34.5" tires.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's true & a good shooter is able to adjust & shoot different guns well; it the amateurs & the inexperienced that have trouble moving from platform to platform.

That's not to be taken that individuals won't have preferences, but they are still able to shoot different platforms well.

Some people just overthink what should come naturally.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BEWARE the man with (1) gun...because he's assuredly clueless. Hint.(grin)

The 19X is rather forgiving,from all angles and connects alotta dots by default........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,577
Posts18,510,860
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.