Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by cast10K
Originally Posted by Bristoe
People sure seem to have a low opinion of Americans in this thread.

No, I just don't lump all Americans together nor do I paint all immigrants with the same brush.

Bristoe, I suspect you're a hard-working guy and value all of same qualities that I cited about my co-workers. I bet you consider those to be qualities that this country was founded on. And I'm sure you get fed up with lazy and entitled Americans who don't capitalize on the tremendous opportunities laid out before them. Can you concede that we at least agree about that part?

Speaking of jobs that Americans won't do, it's inexplicable that we still don't graduate near enough STEM degrees. Sure the H1B program gets abused. But I still get contacted by roughly a dozen recruiters a week that want to run positions by me. There's money lying everywhere in this country and if you pick it up it's yours, but a lot of Americas can't be bothered to make the effort. At my company we struggle to fill all technical positions, whether it's by a H1B or employee. I can promise you, the work simply would not get done... a lot of it already doesn't get done in the time we would like to do it. Budget is not what's holding us back.

I just don't get this black & white, all or nothing thinking. This world is being painted as one with only Good Guys and Bad Guys, with clear and obvious lines delineating who's who, and it's like a bad Hollywood script that's been dumbed down to the point that the dullest moviegoer can still follow along. A lot of these H1B's eventually become citizens and I think a lot of them would be future conservative voters if not for the stigma that a lot of us create for ourselves. You might be surprised to find that your favorite neighbor is some brown guy who shares your values, as opposed to the white guy who embodies everything you're against.

I was a student of engineering and mathematics, a researcher in both, and a teacher of mathematics at the university level. In short, a large percentage of high school graduates really don't understand math as well as they think they do. First year engineering/science track calculus and physics classes are a shock. A lot of majors get changed before that second year.

At least that's what I saw when I was in the game, but I've been out about fifteen years now.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Our entitlement and education system has ruined our country. Second generation mexicans are pretty lacking in my observation, and by the third generation they are as useless as they come. I know a slightly older mexican that is very bothered by it. I suspect things are going to get a lot worse before they get better in this country.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by broomd

America is already taking in a million legal immigrants a year,....10 million in the last 10 years....

Link please.....

https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statistics/yearbook/2017/table1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If people from India have such high IQ's and the stats tell us they are, Why does half the polupation there not have indoor toilets?
Something is not right with that picture

Well it's certainly hard to argue with "logic" like that!🙄

[Linked Image]

Silly Rabbit!

I wasn't disputing your statistics, only your conclusion that they have anything to do with IQs, rather than economic circumstances, infrastructure, climate, etc.

Lots of stupid people have toilets- 100% of Congress for example.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If people from India have such high IQ's and the stats tell us they are, Why does half the polupation there not have indoor toilets?
Something is not right with that picture

Well it's certainly hard to argue with "logic" like that!🙄

[Linked Image]

Silly Rabbit!

I wasn't disputing your statistics, only your conclusion that they have anything to do with IQs, rather than economic circumstances, infrastructure, climate, etc.

Lots of stupid people have toilets- 100% of Congress for example.

Well gollygee, just who do you suppose is responsible for the economic circumstances and infrastructure in India?

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Pappy 348 for Senate, House, whatever! Clear thinking.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by fburgtx
We’ve been hearing “We need immigrants to fill jobs Americans can’t/won’t do” for 20 plus years. That’s more than enough time to educate folks already here (population 300 million) or up the pay to incentivize folks to do them. We experimented with “cheap imported labor” a couple hundred years ago. Didn’t work out so well...

Absolutely. I find it ironic that any time I drive to a hotel in a major US city I almost always see taxpayer funded housing projects where able bodied people who won’t work are sitting on their porches smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol paid for by more welfare. I then check into a hotel staffed with Mexican cleaning ladies because they supposedly can’t find Americans to do the work. Strangely I have usually just passed multitudes of Americans who are perfectly capable of cleaning hotel rooms but choose not to because the taxpayers pay them not to work. Why don’t we stop paying Americans not to work and then maybe we won’t need Mexicans to do menial jobs?

Radical idea I know, but human nature being what it is you’re not going to get Americans to do minimum wage jobs when you pay them more to sit on their asses. CUT OUT THE WELFARE and we’ll have more American workers than we know what to do with.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Without regard to the opinions of the inexperienced and undereducated, President Trump has actually undertaken more changes to the governing of the country than any other president (except maybe FDR, who fcked it all up), and set a new standard for the pace of governance.

And did it with a house and senate opposed to every move he made, except judges, which are apparently a safe ground for RINOs.

Every at bat may not be a home run, but ya can't know that until the ball lands.

I say, keep swingin for the fences.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Without regard to the opinions of the inexperienced and undereducated, President Trump has actually undertaken more changes to the governing of the country than any other president (except maybe FDR, who fcked it all up), and set a new standard for the pace of governance.

And did it with a house and senate opposed to every move he made, except judges, which are apparently a safe ground for RINOs.

Every at bat may not be a home run, but ya can't know that until the ball lands.

Why ya reckon he thinks that his supporters want more immigration?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by milespatton
And they can't pass a drug test if required. Need to quit furnishing Americans with free stuff, and when they get hungry they will work, or steal. Then get tough on crime. miles

Miles, some years back, a road contractor was hiring for a project between Raton and Clayton - operators, laborers, and everything in between.
They scheduled 100 interviews a day. The first week, they averaged 92 walk-outs or pee test failures a day!

A few years back, I hired a young man to clip barbed wire to posts for me - he started out pretty good, but after I had to go elsewhere for a bit, he started smoking dope - and forgot how to count to five!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Lou . . . I trust Trump

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
As bad as many of you think President Trump is, take a moment and think where we would be today if Hitlery had won.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

I don't necessarily think that he does.

I don't agree with this at all, and think we should just stop immigration for the next ten years, as we've done in the past.

I have to guess at what the President is thinking, but WTF.

He may think this is a good deal. It's certainly better than just admittin everbody with money from Soros ta buy desert survival equipment.

But he may be thinkin somethin else, which if he is would piss me off worse.

He may be playin politics. Build the wall but admit *more* "legal" immigrants.

President Trump's taken the heat for the R pussies in congress in the past, invitin the heat for the shutdown and takin the leadership on ideas that benefit the country but seem unpopular among RINOs worried about the next election.

He might be doin the same thing here, to placate the owners of the RINOs.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

I don't necessarily think that he does.

I don't agree with this at all, and think we should just stop immigration for the next ten years, as we've done in the past.

I have to guess at what the President is thinking, but WTF.

He may think this is a good deal. It's certainly better than just admittin everbody with money from Soros ta buy desert survival equipment.

But he may be thinkin somethin else, which if he is would piss me off worse.

He may be playin politics. Build the wall but admit *more* "legal" immigrants.

President Trump's taken the heat for the R pussies in congress in the past, invitin the heat for the shutdown and takin the leadership on ideas that benefit the country but seem unpopular among RINOs worried about the next election.

He might be doin the same thing here, to placate the owners of the RINOs.

Maybe so. But not everybody is as tolerant of it as the campfire folks are. In fact, a lot of people are getting downright discouraged about the situation.

I very seriously doubt if he would have even gotten the GOP nomination if he had ran on a platform of increasing immigration.

But that's where he's at 2 years into it.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Maybe so. But not everybody is as tolerant of it as the campfire folks are. In fact, a lot of people are getting downright discouraged about the situation.

I very seriously doubt if he would have even gotten the GOP nomination if he had ran on a platform of increasing immigration.

But that's where he's at 2 years into it.

And *that's* what pisses me off.

@ssholes in congress wouldn't do one fckin thing ta go along with him for 2 years.

And it may be that he's takin heat and frustratin his base, to help the same @ssholes out.

Guy keeps tryin ta help out the swamp RINOs, in the hopes that they will come around.

But they never will.

And I'll say right now, that I'll be disappointed if President Trump doesn't help challengers to incumbent RINOs in 2020, consequences be damned.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slowmover12
As bad as many of you think President Trump is, take a moment and think where we would be today if Hitlery had won.

If Trump had not won the primary and the GOP candidate had won the presidency nothing would have changed in the swamp .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Dobbs has been iffy for a while.

I like Dobbs and Coulter, but it's one thing to sit on one's ass on TV or write books telling everyone else what needs to be done, and entirely another to shovel the schitt necessary to accomplish it.

I kind of think that's what Trump is finding out now.

Remember "it will be so easy!"?

I do.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That's because he's a business man who is used to doing what needs to be done, simple as that. He could never have known the magnitude of the swamp ball and chain.

I am amazed at the weight the man can pull, including an ever growing bundle of forgetful whiners.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Because Trump couldn't care less what his supporters want. He wouldn't pee on you if you were on fire. This is the great con. He's been on record stating that his supporters are basically morons. He's been a democrat his whole life and thinks the red staters are half retarded/half autistic. Yet you bow down and pray to this scumbag on a daily basis.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Nobody cares about the Communist take on the matter.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,513
Posts18,509,413
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.