-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The older I get, the better a good walking stick looks.
But, just in case, I never go ANYWHERE without a gun and a knife. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have a cane with both a sword and a dagger pick concealed into it.

I carried it around in disney world a few years back. Just to see if I could get in with it. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have a cane with both a sword and a dagger pick concealed into it.

I carried it around in disney world a few years back. Just to see if I could get in with it.

I always wanted one of those.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
one of my stepsons used my daughters jeep to go to the corner store late at night, cops pulled him over as he was pulling in our driveway, they found my daughter's brass knuckles in the jeep and arrested him. the other stepson as been arrested for knuckles also.

legal to have a gun in your car but not brass knuckles.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Kentucky issues a CCDW (Concealed Carry Deadly Weapons) license which allows for legal carry of more than just concealed carry firearms.

https://docjt.ky.gov/forms/CCDW/Sum...CARRY%20CONCEALED%20DEADLY%20WEAPONS.pdf

LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED DEADLY WEAPONS IN KENTUCKY Kentucky’s license to carry concealed deadly weapons law became effective October 1, 1996 and is contained in KRS 237.110 through 237.136. The following summarizes the main provisions of the current law and includes the 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004 and 2006 amendments.

I. Deadly Weapons

As used in the Kentucky Penal Code, (See KRS 500.080.) "Deadly weapon" means any of the following:

(a) A weapon of mass destruction;
(b) Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or other serious physical injury, may be discharged;
(c) Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife;
(d) Billy, nightstick, or club;
(e) Blackjack or slapjack;
(f) Nunchaku karate sticks;
(g) Shuriken or death star; or
(h) Artificial knuckles made from metal, plastic, or other similar hard material;

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got accosted by a homeless beggar a while back.

He got so mad that I wouldn't give him money, that he punched my truck window.

Glad it didn't break, but I bet his hand did!

I had my Pistol with me, but couldn't shoot,because my life was not "threatened"

So, NOW I carry a baton as well as my handgun.

I bought my baton from ex police officer who runs a local gun shop.

It's 6" long and telescopes to 18" with a flick of my hand.

The officer told me about hitting a "perp" on the collar bone with a baton, and it made the perp throw up, it hurt so bad.

He said, here in Oregon batons are legal to carry, but not concealed.

So, I carry mine in a pouch on my belt, with the end hanging below my jacket.

Virgil B.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ethan Edwards: I used "sap gloves" for a couple of decades and they are very effective and very protective to the users hands!
Proven that many times.
But the better close fighting aid is the good old "sap"!
When I became a police officer in the late 1960's the wool uniform pants I bought for duty from J.C. Penney's came with "sap pockets" sewn into them with leather trim to avert wear.
The sap pocket was exactly at "hand height" and just to the right of ones wallet pocket - so only the slightest of movement and you could fill your hand with this effective close quarters weapon.
In fact it was recommended to me when I was a rookie to buy two sizes of "saps" - one for use in the "ghetto" and one for use on the original "skid road" and in Ballard (drunken Norwegian fishermen area) etc!
The difference in size (weight) of the saps was to compensate for the difference in thickness of skulls and hair types/styles that frequented those disparate communities.
That recommendation also worked out well for me.
Never used "brass knuckles" but indeed have fought with several "perps" so equipped!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Johnny, I wanna hear your screwdriver story....Who’d you stick in the face with it, allegedly 😬😎

Its better to lung them, not da face

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm having a pretty good laugh at this thread imagining some dipchit getting chippy at one of your Campfire get-togethers and he suddenly finds himself surrounded by a gang of greybeards whipping out saps, blackjacks, brass knuckles, swords, throwing knives, 1911's, and bunch of concealed pistols.

LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's an old expression: "never fight an old man, he'll only kill you.".

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Morewood
I'm having a pretty good laugh at this thread imagining some dipchit getting chippy at one of your Campfire get-togethers and he suddenly finds himself surrounded by a gang of greybeards whipping out saps, blackjacks, brass knuckles, swords, throwing knives, 1911's, and bunch of concealed pistols.

LOL
lmao

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by slumlord
I was in General Sessions court evicting a bum one time, while waiting, some extremely drunk guy came into court and couldnt find a seat. He starts mouthin off about it to while the judge is dealing with another case.

Bailiff came over and things got loud and then shît got real. Bailiff was an old korean war vet that I knew. He bobbed the bum with a blackjack a couple times and then dragged the guy out into the hall. I could see him continuing to the beat the bum thru fhe window in the door.

I had to get up and go take a break, I couldnt stop lmao

[Linked Image]where's the nearest petrol station

Question...is the fill made of solid or is it shot?

i carried one of those for years while acting as county mounty. A little tap on the elbow etc was enough to change a persons thinking. Have one in my desk, now. they make a shorter versions too that is stiff, good to polk with. That version is springy, little more power in it. Mine is lead filled. Now my daddy when he was doing this in his day had the back half of a pool cue stick cut down, Drilled a hole throught the center, and filled with lead. It was quite effective when persuading was needed.
at about age 11, i was being threatened by a group of mexicans on the way home from school. Talked to my dad about it and he said they were brave in a group, not so much one on one. My job was to make them believe i was gonna seriously do some damage if they jumped me. So, he helped me tape some bicycle chain for a handle, and attach a big padlock at the end, went in my lunch box. Sure enough they jumped me one day, and i pulled that out and started swinging it. I said you might get me, but some of you are going to the hospital. They backed off, left me alone after that. Bully's are bully's under you card them. I still have that chain somewhere.
That's a great story Ron. Thanks for sharing it. Hearkens back to a different era.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Not do so well on your OP ther Ethan?
Uh...dunno what you're getting at. This thread has been great. Like I said, "educational purposes only" and I've learned a lot. Chihuahuas nipping at my heels don't bother me any.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Dear Ethan,

If you ever meet an old cop, ask to see his uniform trousers. Often times (depending on the location he worked) you will find a long slender pocket sewn into either side. This is where they would put their blackjack or sap as it is often referred to.

The pocket will be behind center line. As an officer approached they were taught to blade themselves and the blackjack stayed out of view.

When the moment was right, they would go to work.

Often referred to as playing "whack-a-mole" by old timers.

This is no longer legal.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sap pocket

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Some of the old timers were very good with slappers, knockout or cut

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have batons, a trench knife (which is a knife and brass knuckles), brass knuckles, throwing stars, switch blades, nunchucks, blow guns, tomahawks, road flares and of course guns and knives.

I’ve been on the lookout for quality SAP gloves.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
I've been thinking a bit about this since my wife and I are going to be spending the month of April and some of May in Italy. Obviously I can't carry. And I can't take anything with me on the planes. Once I land in Italy, I'm on the search for something I could use in unfortunate circumstances.

Camera monopod (aluminum or carbon fiber) with a sturdy ball mount. Sturdy and light, carried on a sling over your shoulder. Hidden in plain sight.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Dear Ethan,

If you ever meet an old cop, ask to see his uniform trousers. Often times (depending on the location he worked) you will find a long slender pocket sewn into either side. This is where they would put their blackjack or sap as it is often referred to.

The pocket will be behind center line. As an officer approached they were taught to blade themselves and the blackjack stayed out of view.

When the moment was right, they would go to work.

Often referred to as playing "whack-a-mole" by old timers.

This is no longer legal.

Travis
Wonder if it's legal for citizens?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Morewood

LOL
lmao
Don't forget nunchucks.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,279
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.