7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 25-34 years 795
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 35-44 years 2,026
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 45-54 years 5,650
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 55-64 years 13,808
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 65-74 years 23,866
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 75-84 years 30,369
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 85 years and over 38,048
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All All Ages 114,741

I copied this over straight from the CDC website. It had to moved into excel.

Please explain to me the need to keep schools closed. Look at the numbers of deaths from 0 to 24 years old, That would be newborns to college kids.

Go to the website and see for yourself. There are more influenza deaths in some age groups than covid.
https://data.cdc.gov/widgets/9bhg-hcku

Clyde

didn't copy over so well. Website has all you need.

Last edited by BLG; 07/15/20.

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
GB1

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
One cannot argue with facts a position that was arrived at by emotion.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I wonder how many really died of flu or pneumonia.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
BLG Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Go to the web site and you can hover over the header for each column. It will tell you what that column includes covid or doesn't.

It's a con job.

Clyde

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Those numbers mean about as much as used toilet paper to me. I quit listening to Covid statistics a long time ago because it’s obvious - or at least should be - that they play with those numbers much the same way they do with polls to get the desired effect from the masses.

There’s very little we can trust from the government or any related agency anymore. Regardless of who is in the White House. We’re all getting played one way or the other.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/15/20.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I feel very assured that when a government agency reports something, it is in some essential way lying. I count on it. I plan on it. They never let me down.

Don't let liars control your reality.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BLG
Data as of Start weekEnd Week State Sex Age group COVID-19 Deaths
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All Under 1 year 9
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 1-4 years 7
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 5-14 years 14
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 15-24 years 149
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 25-34 years 795
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 35-44 years 2,026
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 45-54 years 5,650
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 55-64 years 13,808
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 65-74 years 23,866
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 75-84 years 30,369
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All 85 years and over 38,048
7/8/2020 2/1/2020 7/4/2020 United States All All Ages 114,741

I copied this over straight from the CDC website. It had to moved into excel.

Please explain to me the need to keep schools closed. Look at the numbers of deaths from 0 to 24 years old, That would be newborns to college kids.

Go to the website and see for yourself. There are more influenza deaths in some age groups than covid.
https://data.cdc.gov/widgets/9bhg-hcku

Clyde

didn't copy over so well. Website has all you need.

Cut those numbers by 75% and you might be approaching something that resembles factual data.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Don't forget that the teachers are not kids.

This is what the teachers are reminding the school boards about.

Many of my friends are teachers or school workers (counselors, cafeteria staff, janitors, administration, etc.)

Four of my teacher friends have decided to retire instead of going back to work. Before the pandemic, this state was 3,000 teachers short for about 5-10 years. If school restarts this fall, I think there will be two groups who will either retire early (older teachers) or newer teachers (1-3 years). The nation wide statistics are that 50% of all new teachers quit the profession within their first (3) years. With the past and current shortage of teachers to start with, I am worried that schools will have to shut down due to lack of teaching staff. Our economy needs to start up again, and schools need to reopen so that parents can get back to work. However, if protection plans for the adult staff are not in place by next month (school starts), I believe there will be an extreme shortage of teachers, and hence, schools will open and then reclose, just like businesses are doing right now in California, etc. And sadly, I do not see such a plan in place yet.

Some of the plans are to teach schools by Zoom, but this does not release parents to go back to work.

As I watch the news, and see the COVID-19 curve going back up again as business reopened and everyone is flocking to the beaches, parties, protests, etc., I can't help but wonder what the fall/winter (flu season) will bring as schools open up again next month. I'm worried for our schools and I'm worried for our economy. Sadly, I have no solutions to offer, only deep concern for our country.

B
BLG Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Maybe my point was missed. (not you 'flave) I wholeheartedly agree the numbers are BS. Anything they tell us is BS. My point was, how in the hell is there even a debate about schools opening, when there own numbers don't bear it out.

I just wanted to shed some light on the hand wringing. It's definately a sham on the country. I just have a hard time understanding how people believe it.

By the way Travis, we will be in Destin for our annual vacay next week. Due to factors other than rona, we will only be there Thursday-Monday. I'll hoist a Shiner or three in your honor.

Clyde

B
BLG Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by surefire7
Don't forget that the teachers are not kids.

This is what the teachers are reminding the school boards about.

Many of my friends are teachers or school workers (counselors, cafeteria staff, janitors, administration, etc.)

Four of my teacher friends have decided to retire instead of going back to work. Before the pandemic, this state was 3,000 teachers short for about 5-10 years. If school restarts this fall, I think there will be two groups who will either retire early (older teachers) or newer teachers (1-3 years). The nation wide statistics are that 50% of all new teachers quit the profession within their first (3) years. With the past and current shortage of teachers to start with, I am worried that schools will have to shut down due to lack of teaching staff. Our economy needs to start up again, and schools need to reopen so that parents can get back to work. However, if protection plans for the adult staff are not in place by next month (school starts), I believe there will be an extreme shortage of teachers, and hence, schools will open and then reclose, just like businesses are doing right now in California, etc. And sadly, I do not see such a plan in place yet.

Some of the plans are to teach schools by Zoom, but this does not release parents to go back to work.

As I watch the news, and see the COVID-19 curve going back up again as business reopened and everyone is flocking to the beaches, parties, protests, etc., I can't help but wonder what the fall/winter (flu season) will bring as schools open up again next month. I'm worried for our schools and I'm worried for our economy. Sadly, I have no solutions to offer, only deep concern for our country.

My wife works for a private school. She is an admin not a teacher. Most everybody is all in to start. I think if concerns are high, start school after labor day.

Again, people have to work, and kids learning on line isn't optimal. These kids need to be out and about. This isn't the black plague from centuries ago. It's a flu virus. Please go look at the link provided. We all know the numbers are skewed to their agenda, but even so it makes zero sense.

Clyde

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BLG

I'm all for schools opening. I want them to open, I'm not arguing for closing them.

I think the argument people will make against opening them is increasing the spread. Schools will allow it to pass quickly between kids (who it may not bother) then kids bring it hope to parents/grandparents (who it may bother). If the 2 week quarantine (after last symptom) is put in force for anyone who tests positive that's a lot of time out of school....even more if the entire family is put on quarantine...crazy numbers if the entire class is quarantined because of 1 student. If a teacher gets it and they have to stay out 2 weeks it will be tough to get a sub for that long.

I think schools need to open. That said, logistics of how positive tests....or even just sick kids who haven't been tested for anything.....will be handled are something I'm glad I don't have to deal with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So the teachers are in bubbles who cares as along as they teach and not indoctrinating marxism.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 07/15/20.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I may get shìt for this, but the ONLY reason they SHOULD think about keeping schools closed is in consideration of the health of the older teachers/faculty (age 55+ based off the stats). But if 'masks work' like 'they' say they do, make them (older faculty) wear them. I by no means agree with keeping schools closed. We are doing a huge disservice to the children and our future if we keep them out of school even longer. Hell, offer the older faculty an early retirement if we need to in order to get these schools open again.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
As I type this, I am listening to my lib neighbor prattle on to someone on the phone about how what the country needs to do is to shut down completely in order to get this Covid thing under control. I schit you not.

The guy has one of those Cell phone headsets and he’s always on it with somebody while he goes about doing yard work. There’s a seven foot rock wall that separates his property from mine so he has no idea I’m out here and can hear every word. This is the real problem we face. As much as we rail against the fake news MSM, they are very effective at brain washing a large portion of our society.

The guy isn’t even one of those rabid purple haired freaks you see marching with signs. He’s a really nice, polite, successful adult with a wife, two kids, two dogs and a mortgage payment. He grew up in a blue area and thinks he’s informed on the issues because he watches the “news” - which just happens to be CNN because he’s under the impression that FOX is just right wing propaganda.

This is the fugging problem we have in this country and why blue areas tend to stay blue. Apparently these people don’t have the smarts to look beyond their own comfortable existence to see what the real issues plaguing this country are. As far as he’s concerned it’s all Trump’s fault.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo
I may get shìt for this, but the ONLY reason they SHOULD think about keeping schools closed is in consideration of the health of the older teachers/faculty (age 55+ based off the stats). But if 'masks work' like 'they' say they do, make them (older faculty) wear them. I by no means agree with keeping schools closed. We are doing a huge disservice to the children and our future if we keep them out of school even longer. Hell, offer the older faculty an early retirement if we need to in order to get these schools open again.

That is in no way a valid reason to keep from opening schools. That small percentage of teachers that feel they are endangering themselves can take whatever steps they feel they need to do to protect themselves on an individual basis. But whatever they choose to do is on them. Keeping kids from getting an education is not an option.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

That is in no way a valid reason to keep from opening schools. That small percentage of teachers that feel they are endangering themselves can take whatever steps they feel they need to do to protect themselves on an individual basis. But whatever they choose to do is on them. Keeping kids from getting an education is not an option.

Two words:

TEACHERS

UNIONS

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BLG
Maybe my point was missed. (not you 'flave) I wholeheartedly agree the numbers are BS. Anything they tell us is BS. My point was, how in the hell is there even a debate about schools opening, when there own numbers don't bear it out.

I just wanted to shed some light on the hand wringing. It's definately a sham on the country. I just have a hard time understanding how people believe it.

By the way Travis, we will be in Destin for our annual vacay next week. Due to factors other than rona, we will only be there Thursday-Monday. I'll hoist a Shiner or three in your honor.

Clyde

How? Because this is all a narrative. It is a pretext for a series of policies that are the goal. Stop trying to make logical connections. They planned this for years, and not to deal with some imagined threat.

Let me tell you how this goes:
There are conferences and think tanks that gather every so often and work out some agenda, i.e., how to deal with some situation in society. Every group in modern bureaucracy is involved in these, from bankers to doctors to military. Sometimes they come up with a response to a possible situation that aligns with some agenda of someone higher up on some power chain. Basically, they come up with a solution to a problem that provides the benefits that someone who has power wants. Since the solution is the goal, that individual or group with power seeks to cause the problem. It doesn't have to be a real problem. They never are anymore.

The Coronavirus pandemic planned response was covered at an Event 21 (or what some call Event 201, due to the globe in the middle of their logo) last fall. In their "scenario", the virus initially came from South America. In the narrative we were given, it came from China. Then every response we have seen was planned out down to how much we would be hammered by the media to drown out any "noise" (meaning dissent). The whole of the conference was available on YouTube for a while. I watched quite a bit of it. It was pretty vile. The idea was to use people's trust in the institution of modern medicine to implement social controls that couldn't exist otherwise.

Some person or group with more influence than any President wants the solutions to this "problem" to be the new "normal". That's all there is to it. That's the HOW.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo

Masks do not protect one from getting the virus. A virus molecule is infinitely smaller than any cloth weave mask and can get through it without problem. The reason masks are worn, is to reduce the projection of a cough into the air of nearby people, thereby hoping to reduce (not prevent) the spread. School staff wearing masks is not to protect themselves, but to help reduce the spread to other people.

B
BLG Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
So the teachers are in bubbles who cares as along as they teach and not indoctrinating marxism.

Serious question. What would you have them do? What would be you plan?

Clyde

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by efw

Originally Posted by efw

Deliberately manufactured by emotion. Foxy!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (222Sako, 204guy, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,597
Posts18,511,359
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.