-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinAnd where did YOU learn how to stick bamboo slivers under fingernails and light them Dan?? grin Unfortunately I'd be wasting time and energy trying to communicate with Schumerscum and Hitlrey crazy

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's a headline article/news alert in this month's issue of "North American Hunting Club" magazine.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have sent an e-mail on the first comment period, signed the
petition and have made several calls,
Will continue to call and sign petitions. This is nothing more
then a back door,underhanded effort by the Brady bunch attempt
at total gun control.
Thanks everybody for all the information
on this,
Charlie

If Ignorance is bliss, then why aren't there more
happy people
If The gun was in the hands of the victim,there would be no
murders,robberies or rapes.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinAnd where did YOU learn how to stick bamboo slivers under fingernails and light them Dan?? grin Unfortunately I'd be wasting time and energy trying to communicate with Schumerscum and Hitlrey crazy

Just south of of the Rockpile as I recall. laugh

Tell y'all true, taking this to the instigators is a waste of time. Whoores that they be, there is but one thing they will respond to and that is fear of an angry electorate. Network this thing, get others involved, the more the merrier. I will admit I've talked to a few staffers that work for people that aren't beholding to me. Some will listen, it's a National issue and I'm part of the "national", so are you. Volume will carry more sway here than ballet and you are all individually as powerful as the NRA. No chitt.

When you talk to someone, politician, business owner, bureaucrat...don't listen....TELL! Be polite, clear and as concise as possible. Be forceful as well, it is their future on the line as much as yours, I don't care if they sell guns, clothing, scent, calls, ammo, lease land or own a restaurant that caters to hunters. Opportunity is all around you....

We have over 1200 comments on file with OSHA, it could be 12,000. Hell, it could be 120,000...turn up the volume and make them KNOW it is "all out of proportion".

Good night from Yankeetown. tired

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sent my comment to OSHA.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bombarding OSHA with anything rolling around on the deck is cool.....

We have members from all of the States. What if we contacted our Sen. and Reps. and tried to get them to do away with OSHA? If we could just get a bill introduced and in comittee, it would scare the hell out of them. It would be good for the whole working industry if we could get them thrown out. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I shall rest up a bit on this for today....have other small fires to deal with on the home front, so best I can do is....bump. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
Bombarding OSHA with anything rolling around on the deck is cool.....

We have members from all of the States. What if we contacted our Sen. and Reps. and tried to get them to do away with OSHA? If we could just get a bill introduced and in comittee, it would scare the hell out of them. It would be good for the whole working industry if we could get them thrown out. miles

Interesting proposal, Miles.......

I've worked as a "Safety Man"....and have a great personnal record for no on the job accidents / lost time injuries on my crews.
Mighta' mentioned earlier.....back when the Beanbrains brought in 100% fall protection over 6 or 8 feet.......I was wrangling Iron, hangin' and Welding it.......Man, we had all sortsa' casualties directly attibutabal to that double lanyard nonsense.
Any emergency that required a quick move ....you'd almost invariably forget to unclip that second SOB.
Our workplace has become so "Safe" that you can no longer get anything done......and the Nation at large suffers, in consequence.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
bump........

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bump again

HBB

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I hope this doesn't take the typical route of "short attention span syndrome".....

Hate to see our Freedom suffer a death by "bored of the topic".....

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doesn't look like much interest. You would think that anyone with a business would be wanting to get rid of or rework OSHA. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There's still some interest I think, some of us have been behind the scenes a bit, at least that describes my latest crusade. I'm thinking that networking is important now, friends, businesses, friends of friends, that sort of thing. I do believe that OSHA is feeling some pressure on this....we do need to maintain or increase their level of discomfort though.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
btt

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W.W.'s comment " I hope this doesn't take the typical route of "short attention span syndrome".....

I darn sure hope this is not the case, and................ perhaps something that the perps are counting on.

GTC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Couple of days off from this has cleared my mind a bit. Tomorrow I shall resume clouding the minds of countless souls that think they have more important things to do. Little do they know.....

I am..........disturbed.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Done...

Roger <><

My ancestry is 1/4 Scottish, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 English, and 1/4 German, therefore...

I'm cheap, ill tempered, obstinant, and I know it all!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
boom

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Unabashedly lifted....Peripheral,..mebbe just a skosh, but still comin' outta' the same nest of pit vipers.

........and disturbing additional evidence of a well strategized series of backdoor sneakazoid / creepazoid attacks.

"Guys,

I spotted the following on another web site. It was very recently published in the recent edition of the American Firearm Industry magazine. I thought it might interest some of you, especially the professional gunsmiths or anyone owning a retail business.

--------------------------------------------------

GOVERNMENT CLASSIFIES GUN INDUSTRY AS A HOBBY� NOT A BUSINESS INDUSTRY

Sportsmen Cry for Help as the Gun Industry Continues to Wallow In Self-Satisfied Delusions
By Andrew Molchan

This is the story of Mr. Scott Drummond. When Scott was growing up, his father ran a hunting lodge in western Kentucky. Scott went on to school and has two degrees in engineering. He started doing work for some of America's major corporations. Because of this background, the corporate executives started using him as their hunting guide. Scott said, "Executives of major corporations don't want to live in a tent.They want to hunt their way. I decided to open a hunting lodge and cater to upper income hunters."

In 1997 he opened a 14,000 square foot luxury hunting lodge in Arkansas next to the Ouachita National Forest. He had taken out a loan with the local bank, staffed by people who were very co-operative, and things were going great. His annual billing was approaching a million dollars. The average customer stay was $5,000, and the lodge was 100% full during season. Then the ice storm hit during the 2000-2001 hunting season. That was a setback. Furthermore, in September 2001, right at the start of hunting season, 9/11 happened. All air traffic was grounded for a week, and it took two months to return to normal. The 2001-2002 hunting season was seriously effected. His local bank, with a pro-hunting staff, said, "No problem, the SPA and FEMA will pay for much of the loss. We'll give you a $600,000 line of credit that will hold you over until the government pays you."

Mr. Drummond stated, "So I went to all the government organizations and applied for help. To make a long and sad story short, they all said that hunting, and hunting lodges, and everyone employed in hunting, and charter fishing boats, and everything in this field is classified as a hobby, and not an industry. As a hobby, they could not pay anything because they don't pay for hobby interruptions, only business interruptions. So, in disbelief I checked out the NAICS codes, and in fact everything connected to hunting is lumped into a giant category with 105 other classifications. Hunting and everyone employed in hunting do not have an NAICS code and are if fact, officially, a hobby."

Mr. Drummond went on to say, "I personally know of 25 hunting lodges that went out of business because of 9/11, and not being able to get any government help. A few years latter when hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast, over a hundred sport fishing charter boats went bankrupt and out of business because they were classified as hobbies and could not get any government help. In my case, I had spent a good part of my bank's credit line. My bank was also shocked that hunting had no NAICS classification. I had to declare chapter 13 bankruptcy, and let all of my employees go. The lodge has been sitting empty for the last three years. On the other hand, there was a liquor store a few blocks away, where we purchased liquor for lodge, and our quests would order their liquor. Liquor stores have a NAICS classification and are considered a business. The liquor store received $300,000 from the government."

Mr. Drummond continued, "Hunting lodges, dog trainers, guides, sports fishing charter boats, and everything connected to hunting and fishing desperately need an NAICS classification as an industry. There will be other natural disasters and terrorist incidents, and we will not be able to collect anything from the government because officially we're not an industry. Naturally, I looked around for some help. I started by going to Doug Painter of the NSSF Basically, he and the NSSF staff just blew me off. I don't think there's one serious hunter in 20 who even knows the NSSF exists. I went to the NRA, and perhaps with some justification they said that industry classifications is an industry issue, and not for the NRA that's mainly an organization for individual firearms rights."

Mr. Drummond showed his aggravation by saying, "I went to Washington DC to see what I personally could do. There are a lot of big numbers about hunting and fishing thrown around. What I found was that the anti-hunting Congressmen consider the hunting industry numbers to be mainly fraudulent. They told me that there's no way to verify the numbers. It's a catch-22, without industry NAICS classifications you're not real. Banks use NAICS information for loans. It's used for disaster relief, employee benefits, tax breaks and tax credits, government grants to industries, all kinds of things. Without a classification as an industry that employees people and pays taxes, we're just a collection of individuals who kill little ducks and Bambi."

Our industry has to assume that the Clintons will be Presidents of the U.S. starting in January 2009.The Clintons have a score to settle with the firearms industry, and with hunters. We should assume that they are going to attack our industry at our weakest points. Our industry has to prepare now. Once the Clintons are in office, and they have the initiative, they will attack at the time and place of their choosing. It could be very bad. We have to assume that the Clintons learned a lot from their first attack against the industry, and won't do the same things in the same way. As a reminder, some of the lawsuits from the Clinton's first attack are still in court, and still bleeding our industry.

Mr. Drummond was blunt, "The manufacturers may be happy, but I can tell you that a lot of hunters are very unhappy. The hunters and shooters are the customers, and they have a feeling that a big storm is coming and the manufacturers are not doing anything. The manufacturers should stop talking to only those who are inside of their small closed circles, and start talking and listening to the people who are buying and using their products. I see things like the Congressional Sportsman Association, but it's only people who were already pro-firearms, and without pressure from the big boys in our industry they're not going to do anything. When I was talking to the NSSF they said that we can't ask for too much because that only draws attention to our industry. With the Clinton's controlling the justice Department, isn't it a little naive to believe they'll leave us alone? Personally, I'm a concerned hunter. I'm not in the hunting guide or lodge business anymore. I've gone back to being an engineer and I'm making a very good living as an engineer. However, I am very concerned about the sportsmen of America, and the people who are still in the hunting industry, and the future of hunting in America."

Mr. Drummond has organized a meeting of like minded people with the objective of getting NAICS classifications for hunting lodges, hunting guides, sport fishing charter boats and others. The meeting will open its doors at 8:00 AM, July 30th (a Monday) in Washington DC, in the Whittem Building, room 107A. The meeting is a "Discovery Meeting," by the Department of Agriculture (DOA), with Dr. Richard Reynolds from the DOA as chairman. It is by invitation only, so call Mr. Drummond. This will probably be the one and only chance for "Discovery" and possibly some NAICS classifications before the Clintons come into power. This could be a "do or die" meeting with the DOA. Mr. Drummond's email is ScottDrummondmac.com, and his cell phone is 660-815-4936. If you cannot immediately get Mr. Drummond, you might try Mr. Ron Blesser of the Sugar Grove, Ohio, hunting club. His phone number is 740-746-8568.

Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1minute, 2500HD, 1badf350, 270cowboy, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,168
Posts18,503,103
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.