Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a set of Cooper M+S tires on my Rover ... haven't had them all that long, but so far they seem to be very good at performing 'double duty' ... I am on the hwy a lot, so I didn't want big 'gumbo mudder knobby' tires, but also can't get away with street tires (obviously) if I'm going to be bouncing around the unpaved/wet/muddy areas ...

My work takes me to many jobsites, lots of the infrastructure ... so I'm constantly off the road on dirt/mud/etc so that I can inspect the jobs ...

Anyway, I have nothing but praise for these tires so far ... from cost, to durability (expected durability based on reviews and from a couple of people I know that are using them), to traction both on and off road ...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

-WGM-
GB1

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by BMD
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I have Pro-Comp all terrains on my Tacoma. I am at 50k right now, and could use a new set before the snow flies.

I am convinced the only tire good in mud is a mud tire though. Never had a set of any brand of AT that was worth dick in mud.
I agree the all terrains are not good but the xtreme all terrains do well.

Those Pro-Comp A/T tires look awesome except for one thing, looks like they don't make them in my size, 235/70/16.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
for reference, the Coopers pictured in my above post are 255/65 R16's ...

-WGM-
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I wouldn't recommend the Yokohama Geolander ATs. I bought a set for my truck and have had 3 separate so far, the last one cost me $3200! I have had 3 replaced for mileage warranty. I haven't heard back from Yoko if they are going to pony up for my body damage or not. These tires wear unevenly and scallop badly. Every time I pull up next to someone running them I give them a "once over", they are usually scalloped.

I have a set of yoko HTs on my wife's Tahoe and these have been great tires.

Don't expect AT tires to be mud tires, they aren't. Unless you are off-road a lot, buy some quite all-season tires that do well in rain and snow and forget the mud aspect.

I have a complete set of (6) BFG mudders mounted up that I switch out when I am going hunting in the winter.

I have never had a set of tires last me more than about 32K on any truck I have ever owned (except my Pete). Bridgestones are excellent tires, but expensive. Toyo makes an awesome AT tire.

I replaced my Yokos with Goodyear Wranglers, they are quieter and handle better on the highway. I haven't gotten stuck yet wink

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dennis ...

you're talking about the same thing I'm talking about ... unless you need dedicated 'swampers', get some aggressive Mud-Snow type tires ...

those Coopers I've got are only about $200 per tire, are very quiet, and do exceptionally well on and off road except perhaps in the worst of muddy conditions ...

-WGM-
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hankook Dynapro MT03's

[Linked Image]

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by horse1
Hankook Dynapro MT03's

[Linked Image]

I just put a set on the MT03's on my 4X4 Dodge. They aren't the smoothest riding tire out there but the will definitely go in the mud. We'll see how long they last.

DT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought some bridgestones and the sidewalls were so weak the truck swayed back and forth. I had them pulled and put another set on and they were ok. now I run michelins in 265x75x16 with the 6 ply sidewalls for pulling the boat and they are ideal. simply the best tire I have ever used. however, they are not an off road tire.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm on my second set of Yokohama Geolanders and love them. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Dayton I haven't run them in any snow yet but they have been killer in the mud. My buddy has run his in the snow up in flagstaff Az, and says they were really good though. they have been better than any AT I have ever used. They work pretty well in the sand too. Highway is perfectly fine. I drive about 35 miles all highway on the way home everyday, they can be a bit noisy on concrete freeways, but those are noisy anyway. I bought the 265/70/17.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
In fact, they have discontinued the Geolander II and replaced it with an all weather (rain) tire.

My next set on the Tahoe are those high-dollar Goodyears (Fortura??)

Dennis

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BFG a/t's.

Can't wait to chuck the stock tires on my ram 2500 4X4. Can't believe they'd put such a crappy tire on a 4X4, I got stuck 3 times last winter.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Just got a set of the khumo Mt 31x10.50's put on yesterday. Cant wait to try them out
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just bought michelin ltx for a 4runner after reading the customer reviews about them at www.discounttire.com . 80-100k miles on a set.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've run through two sets of Bridgestong Dueler MT's now. Love that tire. Takes a serious beating in the rocks. Not a single flat yet. Load range C tire, which I wanted. Didn't want a D rated tire because I've got a stiff suspension on my vehicle, needed for the winch and heavy bumper, and didn't want an even stiffer tire making it's on highway ride worse.

Quiet for an MT and a good riding tire. Got great mileage out of both sets, about 60k miles each set. That's pretty darn good for an MT.

Unfortunately, they stopped making it in my size (265/75R-16), so I will have to go to something else.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,815
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.