Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Ashtrays on the shopping cart handles, in the Dr office between the seats, sports stadiums, desks in every office environment.

Smoking was almost expected.

I remember being 10 or 12 years old and going to the doctors office when I had ear infections. After he examined me my mom and I would go into his office do discuss treatments while he smoked nonfiltered Camels. I remember because that's the kind my Grandma smoked.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great. Now I crave a cigarette.

Good night gentlemen.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I remember riding in car with mom and grandmother, be so smoky in there. They never cracked the windows. Job shacks we’re bad, seems every damn plumber but me smoked. They acted like something was wrong with me. I bet half the kids in my senior class were smokers before we graduated in 71. I can honestly say I’ve never had one in my mouth. I’m glad they stopped smoking in the dancehalls, was bad in them too.

My neighbor said they were 5 cents a pack in the thirties.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Machines were everywhere. Only every tried a few, luckily never liked it or got hooked. Beer machines, years ago most pop machines at fire departments had one slot for beer

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ashtrays on the shopping cart handles, in the Dr office between the seats, sports stadiums, desks in every office environment.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Saw one in a bar in Nashville in December. Got a picture of it but don't know how to do pictures on here.

CT

There is a reason why you never hear of anyone shooting a 308 winchester AI.... It can't be improved upon!! Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We had Macke vending machines in the breakroom of my first work location: ciggybutts, coffee, soda, cold sandwiches, and hot food in little cans like Chef Boyardee ravioli, spaghetti, and mac & cheese. Hard to say which was the worst for your health. 🤢

By the time I retired, floorspace had become so precious there were no breakrooms or lounges in any of the offices. All that space was full of telecomm equipment, and there was no place to escape the noise. No wonder my ears ring half the time.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

🤣

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Who’s mom smoked Eve 120’s the ones with flowers down the filter? Kept them in a beige or burgundy leather case with a spot to slide a buck lighter in. Half my aunts did.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I remember when school let out all the bus drivers standing around shooting the bull getting a big wad of chaw or smoking cigarettes waiting for all of us kids to get on the bus.
We would be going down the road, windows down, bus driver smoking a camel. The smoke would drift back through the bus and nobody cared. We thought that’s what adults did.
Now we have police officers in our schools. Different times.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My aunt smoked the Bensen and Hedges. (Sp?).

Musta cashed in the “points” one Christmas.

She gave me a B&H cassette tape of classic country.

Carried them in something like….

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Had them down in Florida. Didn’t smoke but pulled the lever to get the free matches.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I remember those. Back in HS on lunch break walking to the local Italian restaurant with a cigarette machine. A pack of Marlboros was $3.00 back then. We’d ask the person at the register for 3.00 in quarters and she’s say “you don’t want quarters for the cigarette machine right?” No mam! Back five years earlier our friends dad would give him a $20 and a note granting permission for the clerk at a party store to sell us cigarettes for him and let us keep the change for pops. Different times for sure and I’m glad that I quit smoking along time ago. Not smoking when I drank was a hard habit quit.

$3?! When I started smoking they were .85c a pack. We had a smoking section in high school. My parents signed a note for me when I was 14.
They had to be Fugkin retarded.

Yep. Our HS had a smoking section too. I didn’t start till my first year of college. Smoked for 38 years. Quit 5 or 6 years ago.

Did y'all just quit cold turkey?
My wife is addicted. Tries to quit and fails, she was almost off them taking the chantix when they pulled it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Always carried a Zippo.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I remember selling draft beer for a dime a mug and filling the cigarette machine up by the jukebox. But can't remember how much a pack of smokes cost. At 10 years old I could pull a draft beer with a 1/2" head Everytime.

Life is good live it while you can.
A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Every movie theater had one in the lobby. Many restaurants had them also. I don't miss second hand smoke.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Outside of CONUS, tax free cigarettes were a nickle a pack….

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remember them by the entryway into the restaurant? You could get a pack on the way in and then sit down at the counter or a table and there would be an ashtray right in front of you. IIRC that vanished in the early to mid 1980's in NY state when the second hand smoke thing began.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Did y'all just quit cold turkey?
My wife is addicted. Tries to quit and fails, she was almost off them taking the chantix when they pulled it.

There is a generic version of Chantix out now called Varenicline that just came on the market. Chantix was pulled because they found impurities in the pills from the manufacturing process, not because of a problem with the drug itself.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
they were always 2x times the price of store smokes too. bought a few packs or reds out of them back in the door. put your quarters in and push the button below the cancer of your choice

My diploma is a DD214
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,134
Posts18,502,693
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.