Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
This guy is an a**hole.
Being on the roads is way different from being at your home. You can be drunk at your home. You can't be drunk on the road. You are required to take a written test and eyesight test to be able to drive a car.

If this is y'alls best example of a Warrior for Liberty, you are desperate.

He probably is a "sovereign citizen."

Do you honestly believe the cop that initiated contact had a legal right to do so?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by tzone
Regardless if it was a 'good' probable cause for the stop, I think, if you are driving, then you are required to show your license on demand in almost every state. .

Wrong
I was too lazy to look up every state of course, but I just googled the question and it looks like license and insurance card are legally required when asked.

Yes, they are. You can refuse to produce your operator's license when asked, but the only recourse after that is to be arrested for operating without a license. Then you can make bond, come to court and eventually show your license to have the charges dropped. The only one getting skinned up is the driver who doesn't want to simply produce an operator's license. If you do anything other than put your hands behind your back and walk back to the car to ride to jail you can and will be charged with resisting arrest. You may get away with being annoyed with some pressure point control techniques, until you decide to go along with the program, or in the case of some of the younger types, they'll go ahead and initiate the Electric Company. Now you have been tasered. I assure you, this is not pleasant. If you have now progressed to this point, your options in court have diminished. It's all cool sounding to mess with the fuzz, but your best option is STILL to obey lawful commands.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Cameras are like chronographs. I call them lie detectors.
I’ve only had I believe 3 tickets in my life which is unbelievable. I will say nobody gave me one because I earned it. The saying you can’t outrun a radio is bull crap. When I was young in my Trans Am I did it many times. Edk

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cops have to have reasonable, articulable suspicion that you have, will or are committing a crime, unless it's a stop and ID state. This blindly doing what they tell you to do is why these bastards have gotten out of control going unchecked for so long. If they just pull you over and demand ID and make it clear that they didn't have a lawful traffic stop, they can catch a lawsuit and hopefully lose their qualified immunity in the process. It's happened many times before.

Last edited by BeardedGunsmith; 09/01/22.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
There is a difference between “rights” and “privilege”

When there is a license involved, your privilege is what allows you to engage in the licensed activity…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Driver: Am I being detained?

Dumb ass cop: No

Driver: Am I free to leave?

Dumb ass cop: No

Pssst, hey Dumb ass cop, that is the definition of “ Being Detained”

Cops, bunch of morons.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
For a while there, I was convinced I was watching an episode of Reno 911...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That kid got schooled. I hope he unfûcks himself after this, or gets fired/quits in humiliation.

MAGA
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ERK
Cameras are like chronographs. I call them lie detectors.
I’ve only had I believe 3 tickets in my life which is unbelievable. I will say nobody gave me one because I earned it. The saying you can’t outrun a radio is bull crap. When I was young in my Trans Am I did it many times. Edk

OK Bandit. Lmao.

We’re you running beer to Texarkana?

Camp is where you make it.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Regardless if it was a 'good' probable cause for the stop, I think, if you are driving, then you are required to show your license on demand in almost every state. .

Wrong
I was too lazy to look up every state of course, but I just googled the question and it looks like license and insurance card are legally required when asked.

Yes, they are. You can refuse to produce your operator's license when asked, but the only recourse after that is to be arrested for operating without a license. Then you can make bond, come to court and eventually show your license to have the charges dropped. The only one getting skinned up is the driver who doesn't want to simply produce an operator's license. If you do anything other than put your hands behind your back and walk back to the car to ride to jail you can and will be charged with resisting arrest. You may get away with being annoyed with some pressure point control techniques, until you decide to go along with the program, or in the case of some of the younger types, they'll go ahead and initiate the Electric Company. Now you have been tasered. I assure you, this is not pleasant. If you have now progressed to this point, your options in court have diminished. It's all cool sounding to mess with the fuzz, but your best option is STILL to obey lawful commands.

You’re missing the point.

It wasn’t a lawful command.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ro1459
My question to this is, why not just give the cop your insurance card, be polite, and go. The only rude person I saw in that clip was the driver.

Ummm because the cop was lying

Not if he had a ALPR, which would easily read a license plate behind, in front, or to either side.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by shrapnel
There is a difference between “rights” and “privilege”

When there is a license involved, your privilege is what allows you to engage in the licensed activity…

…and your rights “protect” you from abuse while you “exercise” your privilege.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Fubarski
My question to this is, why not just give the cop your insurance card, be polite, and go. The only rude person I saw in that clip was the driver.

Not if he had a ALPR, which would easily read a license plate behind, in front, or to either side.
When does a tag run come back with your insurance statis???

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by blanket

Commyfornia is sure would
They will not give you your tags if you do not have Insurance and Smog your vehicle when they tell you to which is every other year here

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by blanket

If the Ins status is stored in the same database as the plate info, it will come back.

Exp plates sound an alert in the car, as do those with a warrant for someone that had been driving that car when pulled over for the charge that turned into a warrant.

Plate alert can show if the person the plate is registered to has a suspended or expired driver license.

On the civil side, parking lot readers and tow truck readers alert to repos.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Back in the day, I’d get the occasional wise guy that didn’t want to produce a DL or ID. I always had a valid reason for the stop or interview, so when a perp got testy, I just hooked him up and took him to jail as a John Doe refusing to identify himself. You didn’t need a good ID to get in jail, but you damned sure needed one to get out!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Only one I’ve had remotely like that I was driving around Harriman State Park in NY Stste early hours of the morning, like 2am listening for whippoorwills. Turned left onto a main highway leaving the park and as I looked to the right to check for traffic I saw a local Cop in the dark standing by the side of his unlit patrol car off the side of the highway with his duty belt undone and his pants open. No idea what he was doing or with whom.

He caught up to me a short time later and pulled me over, ran my license, seemed nervous, IIRC gave me a verbal warning about the stop sign. I have no idea what was really going on, no harm no foul.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Completely stolen from an episode of Mr InBetween on FX.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Wrong

When the stop is a traffic stop. Meaning it had to be a legal stop. Officer has to have a reason to pull you over such as speeding, then you are required. But if the guy looks over and sees you driving through inner city chicago and pulls you over because you don't fir the profile of the normal inner city resident. He has no probable cause meaning he has no legal right to ask/demand id.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
This guy is an a**hole.
Being on the roads is way different from being at your home. You can be drunk at your home. You can't be drunk on the road. You are required to take a written test and eyesight test to be able to drive a car.

If this is y'alls best example of a Warrior for Liberty, you are desperate.

He probably is a "sovereign citizen."

Dang you are dense aren't you?

Montana MOFO
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1badf350, 1OntarioJim, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 58 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,906
Posts18,518,578
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.