Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Here is the test done way back when ULSD was introduced, and I use a combination of TCW-3 2 stroke oil, and Powerservice DK+CB with every tank. I'm sure a new test could be conducted to update the results to current, but so far I haven't seen anyone attempt it.

https://www.jatonkam35s.com/DeuceTechnicalManuals/Diesel_fuel_additive_test.pdf

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
GB4

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In October I start filling my transfer tank with #1 and blend in a double shot of Stanadyne. That mixture gets blended into the remaining #2 that's in the various tractor fuel tanks.

By this time of year the #2 is long gone from the tanks and they're running on winter fuel.

Last few 100 gallon loads I've been adding Stanadyne every other fill up. Same for the pickups, add a jug at fill up.

I don't like dealing with fuel issues and see no reason to fiddle fuuck around and worry about things gelling up.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by SamOlson
In October I start filling my transfer tank with #1 and blend in a double shot of Stanadyne. That mixture gets blended into the remaining #2 that's in the various tractor fuel tanks.

By this time of year the #2 is long gone from the tanks and they're running on winter fuel.

Last few 100 gallon loads I've been adding Stanadyne every other fill up. Same for the pickups, add a jug at fill up.

I don't like dealing with fuel issues and see no reason to fiddle fuuck around and worry about things gelling up.
Stanadyne is what we use year-round more so here for the extra lubrication in the newer fuels in older fuel pumps. maybe a different type under the same company that you all use up there where it's really freaking cold way too often. we have had zero fuel issues in years... use Howes if there's ever a sign of the algae in a fuel system somewhere..

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've always have use Stanadyne Performance in my 2006 F250. Not had any problems.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ironbender
To some degree it depends on the purpose - antigelling, water dispersal, lubrication.

And also the type of engine. What works and is helpful in a non-DPF engine may not be appropriate for a DPF engine.

I use it year round mostly for lubrication on my older diesel engines. When I have engines that won't run at full throttle in the winter because of frozen fuel lines I use Power Service to open them up.

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I prefer Power Service to Howes, We try to stay away from Bio diesel as that usually causes more problems than its worth.

1st John 4:7-8
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I used Howe's in my skid steer with heating fuel. Smoother and quieter running.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Cummins recommends Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost and Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost

https://www.cummins.com/news/releas...ds-power-service-diesel-kleen-cetane-and

I always use something... and buy 50 Cetane whenever possible (Southern States).

Stanadyne, F-BOMB, Hot Shot...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Fuel filters last longer with a good fuel additive

Last edited by jwp475; 12/26/22.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jwp475
Fuel filters last longer with s good fuel additive

+1

Good fuel, good air and good oil... and most well built diesels will run damn near forever.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I was in the wholesale fuel business for 27 years. I'm a big believer in diesel fuel additives, as today's ULS diesel fuels are worse than ever.

Would you recommend Mobil, or BP diesel ? If not, what would you recommend?

Most probably won't like to hear this but it's all the same, no difference. Whether it's a fuel terminal or refinery, once refined, diesel is stored in huge storage tanks. Whether we pulled diesel under suppliers like Shell, Pride, Flint Hills, Magellan, etc you will get a manifest showing exactly what you loaded, and regardless of the supplier the manifest shows the exact same specs. You can get data sheets for the batch of fuel in storage and its all the same. Minimum Cetane specs are State specific, and every batch of fuel sold after Oct 1 (around her anyway) is "winter spec" fuel.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stanadyne is great.

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it works great for freeing up rusty tools.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
FPPF Total Power for me. Buddy owns a busy independent diesel service/parts shop and that's what he tells me to use.

I'm pretty vigilant about fuel and filters as well. Fuel-filter swaps every 10K Mi. Once we're steadily below freezing, I'll add a glug or 2 of additive with each fill, Sort of depends on how much fuel I need. More often than not, I'm filling with 1/2 to not less than 1/3 tank when it's cold out. If temps are going to be single-digits or below zero, I run #1 with additive. Current '11 F250 6.7L w/215K Mi hasn't ever gelled/stalled and I bought it brand-new.

I gelled my '06 6.0L Ford PSD once in -20F ambient weather when I got caught w/straight untreated #2 during an unforecast cold-snap in early Dec. and decided I was going to do whatever I could to avoid that goat-rope in the future.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1minute, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,943
Posts18,480,110
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.