Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Busse works for the powerful anti gun lobby now and is paid very well

https://giffords.org/press-release/2021/06/former-firearms-executive-ryan-busse-joins-giffords/

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
This busse actors disdain for firearms and “gun people” didn’t just develop in the last 5 years. That begs the question why the F did he get hired at Kimber by The first place?

Last edited by ErniesSalad; 02/21/23.

Ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ErniesSalad
This busse actors disdain for firearms and “gun people” didn’t just develop in the last 5 years. That begs the question why the F did he get hired at Kimber by The first place?

because if it walks like a duck...talks like a duck....doesn't mean it a duck....some people are really good at disguising themsleves....bob

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Teal
Don't give the platform at all.

That is woke thinking. There is nothing wrong with "platforming" differing opinions and it can work out well if the host pushes back.

But the hosts on the SO podcast did not push back on anything Busse said, and at the very least the owner's Twitter indicates he leans left. The excuses offered so far don't make much difference. Someone in that thread mentioned that the owner himself hunts frequently, with a gun. Virtually all anti-2A organizing is "guns for me not for three".
The worst thing we keep missing. Guns rights are not to hunt. They are to protect you and yours against harm from all sources including government.

Hunting is an aside. The 2nd doesn't mention hunting at all and rightfully so.

Guess what? Ban those non hunting ARs.... and only have "hunting" guns left. Hunting goes out the window instantly and easily since its not protected. Its a privilege and not a right...

rost, I understand where you're coming from but disagree with the highlighted section. The 2A is inclusive for all uses in "bearing arms". Yes, emphasis is for protecting freedoms but if you segregate/prioritize usage you create openings for tyrants to legislate away freedoms even further than we've allowed now. Hunting has been on the chopping block for some time, don't give an inch in any way.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
heeler.....randy in my opinion is at the forefront of ruining hunting on public land..

but taking a helo in to access hunting that is landlocked..I am assuming....I wouldnt have a problem with that....bob

Should have been a little more clear. Randy has always touted himself as an 'everyday hunter' and the hunts he does are something all could do with just a little prep and not an overly large outlay of money. I don't know of many 'everyday people' that can swing a helo rental cost in their hunt budget.

He went over yonder way
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Heeler
heeler.....randy in my opinion is at the forefront of ruining hunting on public land..

but taking a helo in to access hunting that is landlocked..I am assuming....I wouldnt have a problem with that....bob

Should have been a little more clear. Randy has always touted himself as an 'everyday hunter' and the hunts he does are something all could do with just a little prep and not an overly large outlay of money. I don't know of many 'everyday people' that can swing a helo rental cost in their hunt budget.

Does the average hunter receive free non resident tags and are they paid by the state to hunt and promote hunting in that state like Randy?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ribka

Does the average hunter receive free non resident tags and are they paid by the state to hunt and promote hunting in that state like Randy?

None that I'm aware of.

He went over yonder way
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Or worse yet, show a trailhead on a video and tell every wannabee hunter in America where to go. You should have seen this area for the next several years with the influx of hunters from all over the country..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Never even looked at that Hunt Talk website before, but in that thread someone mentioned that Zumbo got persecuted, and a poster who appears to be the owner of the forum seems to be calling for enhanced background checks and age restrictions on ARs.

Jesus H. Christ. Fùck the Bill of Rights, as long as Muh Thutty Awt Six is safe...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Randy sure ruined deer hunting Eastern Montana. What schit show it is now

Originally Posted by shrapnel

Or worse yet, show a trailhead on a video and tell every wannabee hunter in America where to go. You should have seen this area for the next several years with the influx of hunters from all over the country..

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Never made a nickel though!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reading through Busse’s Twitter account, it is clear he isn’t very conservative and certainly not a Republican. Here is a screenshot of his thinking about guns and he still claims he is a second amendment supporter…

But hey Brad buying his book to see what he’s really about.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

This place is going to get some visits too. those bastards. https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/norris-road-elk-hunt.316509/

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S

You're not much for reading are you? Defending? Hardly - just calling out the obvious fact the OP of that thread was just parroting others rhetoric.

From the HT thread written by me:

To my original post, I'd never heard of Ryan Busse until this thread. I like Seek Outside. It was obvious to me the OP was just parroting others rhetoric without having actually investigated any of this first hand, making blanket statements he may or may not be able to back up. I decided to order Busse's book to find out for myself what he thinks. I may not agree with much of it, but I'm at least going to give him a fair hearing.

As to cancelling Seek Outside, that's not going to happen. I buy what I deem the best for my needs, regardless of a persons political or religious views. I wonder how many that won't buy from SO because of Kevin Timm's views (which I just learned of), have an Amazon Prime membership - you think Jeff Bezos has a bit more clout in the world than Kevin Timm?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So does Busse, who works in BHA leadership (like the anti gun clown Tawney) and who is currently working for the largest and most powerful anti gun lobby, whose aim is to ban all firearms in the US, mean much to you? lol

Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by 79S

You're not much for reading are you? Defending? Hardly - just calling out the obvious fact the OP of that thread was just parroting others rhetoric.

From the HT thread written by me:

To my original post, I'd never heard of Ryan Busse until this thread. I like Seek Outside. It was obvious to me the OP was just parroting others rhetoric without having actually investigated any of this first hand, making blanket statements he may or may not be able to back up. I decided to order Busse's book to find out for myself what he thinks. I may not agree with much of it, but I'm at least going to give him a fair hearing.

As to cancelling Seek Outside, that's not going to happen. I buy what I deem the best for my needs, regardless of a persons political or religious views. I wonder how many that won't buy from SO because of Kevin Timm's views (which I just learned of), have an Amazon Prime membership - you think Jeff Bezos has a bit more clout in the world than Kevin Timm?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I decided to order Busse's book to find out for myself what he thinks. I may not agree with much of it, but I'm at least going to give him a fair hearing.

[/quote]

What the living fugk? That's like buying a Maxine Waters book to see what she thinks.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I decided to order Busse's book to find out for myself what he thinks. I may not agree with much of it, but I'm at least going to give him a fair hearing.
What the living fugk? That's like buying a Maxine Waters book to see what she thinks.

If you read Brad's post above, he said he'd never heard of Busse.

Everyone has heard of Maxine, especially in Louisiana where she's from.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Less than 5 minutes on your search engine of choice will get you to the his profile as a special advisor to Giffords.org where you can learn that he is/was an advisor to the Biden campaign on gun control. There is no reasoning or whitewashing where he sits and where he stands in light of those two facts.

Ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
ng...

If you like reading, I'd suggest you go spend two minutes reading Mr busse's Twitter page. It's pretty revealing.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/21/23.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

got it...bob

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,462
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.