-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been using a Redding T-25 press for many years for my straight wall revolver loads, it’s the six hole turret press that preceded the T-7. If I ever wear it out going to get a T-7. I still use my original press (RockChucker bought in 1978) for bottleneck rifle loads.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ive been using the T-7 for 10 years now and like it. Additional heads can be expensive. I've looked at the Lyman 6 and 8 hole turrets and they seem to be a quality unit.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I also have had a Lyman American 8 since they were introduced a few years ago, and its very well built.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve been using a Lee Classic 4 hole for many years for my handgun reloading with no complaint. I use a single stage for my rifle calibers.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by horse1
Place me in the Co-Ax camp.

Have tried a Co-Ax, and prefer turret presses. But different "strokes" for different folks....

Same here John.

I previously owned a Co-Ax and now have a T-7.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
The Co-Ax is a fine press--but one major reason I prefer the T7 is because for many years I was handloading a LOT of different cartridges for various magazine articles. With rifle dies I could keep three different sets in the press at once--along with a Lee decapping die.

This saved a lot of time when working on more than once article-project at the same time, or at least two when using a 3-die set when loading for handguns or straight-case rifle rounds. It saved considerable of time, even with the quick-change Co-Ax die system.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I also have had a Lyman American 8 since they were introduced a few years ago, and its very well built.

I have the Lyman American 8 also with three turrets. I agree that it is well built. The only thing I don't like is the priming setup. It is in the way when putting brass in or out of the shell holder. I took it off and use my old Lee hand primer. My Rockchucker IV still gets a fair amount of use on odd ball calibers I don't have room for on the turrets and for reforming brass.

Member:
NRA
Ohio Gun Collectors Association
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I did the same thing with my Lyman 8--including using an older Lee hand primer! (I still have several.)

The T7's primer mechanism works pretty well....

John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've had the Redding T-7 for about 14 years. It's an excellent choice. I haven't tried the Lyman 8, but I'm a fan of Lyman products in general, and I hear it's great as well.

I keep my T-7 permanently set up with a Lee Decapping die in one position, and then rotate various cartridge dies in the other 6 positions. I used to load for a lot more calibers than I do now, and load development was a big part of my shooting routine, so I'd be going back and forth between one to three calibers on a regular basis. I recently started a new load development project for 6.5 Creedmoor (which was accelerated considerably by Mule Deer's load recommendations for the caliber in Gun Gack IV, thanks a lot JB!) and discovered that my .223 dies haven't been dismounted from the turret in so long I can't find the box! Apparently I load a LOT of small batches of .223.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
made a bulk purchase of bullets primers powder and some other tooling that will be picking up this Saturday on a road trip. and in the stuff is a newer RCBS turret press. is this something I want to keep and use or is this something would want to pedal at a gun show?

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Thanks for that, I ordered the kit, the turret head, brass wax.

Will endeavour to save for an Area 419 ZERO.

Finally got around to fitting the turret head and kit. The press seems to function a tad smoother and the metal (grating?) sound no longer exists, the lockup does seem to be more emphatic as well.

Simple to set up and apply...and the threaded handle is much nicer (stays put).

[Linked Image]

Screw it, went for the whole hog.

[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,514
Posts18,472,404
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.