Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by RIO7
I know about 30 active and retired Seals, they are good people with many and varied talents Most are good family men. Rio7
LOL
The OP asks thousands of people on this board if they have even known a SEAL in their lifetime....and you come up with THIRTY???
C'mon man, seriously?

I'm pretty sure this is legit. Rio hosts hunts on his extensive ranch for disabled vets amongst others.

It is legit.

Rio7 has hosted dozens of SEALs and their families on his place and hundreds of other wounded military members and their families. I've had the honor of guiding some of their family members on his place and I'll echo his comment on them being great family men. Not perfect, but solid men.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Teal
No Seals...
But have served with plenty of cats that went onto SF and Delta...

Question - would those running selection have been required to pass selection? I worked with a guy, Major who was a Ranger and he was the first guy I ever met to really harp on the difference between being "Ranger Qualified" and being in a battalion. Claimed to have been an officer that oversaw parts of selection. Always wondered about it.
Of course they would have had to been qualified with time and experience to be a instructor.
Whether it be in batt or line dog unit world.
I was just a line dog 11B and was not a tab wearer.
But also had plenty of Identifiers for me to stand up and instruct and not fake the funk.
Screwed me with alot of responsibilities at times others in same pay grade never got tasked with.
But also made alot of connections from it all also.
Don't regret a minute of it.
I never blended comfortably into the background.

Thanks Rene - makes sense. I don't know, exactly, what he was doing in that role from an RRE perspective or what he meant exactly by "oversaw parts of selection" either but I guess it makes sense. Qualified in areas to teach areas, don't have to be an end to end expert.

Me

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I know 1 no longer active duty SEAL pretty well...have shot and hunted with him pretty often. He is currently working as a Contractor at an Embassy somewhere. Have casually met a few of his fellow team members, but wouldn't say I know them. Am very good friends with a former SWCC who is now a Cdr working in Naval Intelligence. Also good friends with a former 5th SFG Green Beret and have a cousin who is an Active Duty Marine Raider. Know some Nam era Force Recon and Army SF guys through my old man

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
My Dad was a Green Beret. Retired an E-8. Finest man I’ve ever known.

Buy once, cry once.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I wrote a brief explanation on the football thread Cowboy's and some one else hope it answers some of you're Questions. Rio7

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
KSMITH lives 60 miles from me...

Never met him...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I wrote a brief explanation on the football thread Cowboy's and some one else hope it answers some of you're Questions. Rio7
You must be underwater.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
No Seals...
But have served with plenty of cats that went onto SF and Delta...

Question - would those running selection have been required to pass selection? I worked with a guy, Major who was a Ranger and he was the first guy I ever met to really harp on the difference between being "Ranger Qualified" and being in a battalion. Claimed to have been an officer that oversaw parts of selection. Always wondered about it.

Oh there is a world of difference between having the Ranger Tab (ranger qualified) and just having the Scroll ie being in Bn.

IIRC he was a Bn guy. Been a good 10 years since we talked, which reminds me - he has one of my old Magpul videos yet.

I remember yrs and yrs ago my company cdr had a ranger tab and we told him guys from regiment said having the scroll was more important than the tab. He stopped smiling and said those ph uckers had no idea what they were talking about. I can say I known plenty of Army Rangers. One of my good friends grew up in regiment.

Well to be fair as an Infantry officer you're usually not going very far without a Ranger Tab. My understanding is that in Regiment once you reach a certain rank you are pretty much required to go to Ranger School anyhow.

Ranger tab for enlisted infantrymen goes a long ways as well. Majority of CSM’s in the infantry world have the ranger tab. You want to see a sad infantrymen with a ranger tab? Send them to an Armor battalion.

Dude...
I had a CSM in G3 last tour in Korea.
19K with a Ranger Tab
Black dude.
He was not happy about not getting a Battalion.

Both majors
All us 7 and 8,s
Our 6,s and below
Jump Toc and Jump Tac
Complete set up and run G3
Security responsible was my 12 hour shift with 2 sqds of 11B,s

All of us 11 Series except our CSM

Dude was like fuuug me I'm in 11 land...
But he knew his schit and how to run things.
Technical and Tactical highly proficient
He was probably one of the very few black CSM tab holders in the Army per Armor Branch.

Only other ones I had was CSM Jerry Wilson in 1/ 502nd
And CSM Jochim Diaz in 1/502nd.
Both useless...
One KIA who got one of my soldiers KIA also...
Diaz went over to the Rakkasans as BDE CSM.
Then retired and then Crabtree made BDE CSM over their.
I used to fuuk with Crabtree so fuukkng bad when he was a young e5 in scouts in 2/327th.
Red on the noodle like a Peter on a poodle is what I used to taunt him with.
Ran into his alky dirt bag unshaven needing a haircut self.
At wally world about 1.5 yrs ago.
Total civilian looking unkempt dirt bag appearance.

Looked like deer in the headlights when he seen me.
I'm like do I know you???
I'm Crabtree man.
I just chuckled and actually apologized to him for fuuuking with him long ago.
We talked for about 15 mins.

He smelled like booze at 11 or 12 in the morning.
Whatever..
Was looking for fishing stuff.

It's a small planet.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I know about 30 active and retired Seals, they are good people with many and varied talents Most are good family men. Rio7

LOL

The OP asks thousands of people on this board if they have even known a SEAL in their lifetime....and you come up with THIRTY???

C'mon man, seriously?

Pshaw.

Burns knows *all* of them!

Don’t forget green berets

I’ve personally met more green berets than seals, and that was one. I’ve sure met a lot that claimed to be SEALS or their buddy is, etc.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That was a great movie.

Charlie Sheen was great in that movie.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'm sure a few SF types met a good friend of mine from long ago in line dog world then went SF and wound up at Bragg assigned to selection.
MSG Loftin.

They probably even heard the fat Eskimo chick with diarrhea changing into a black nighty story in Fairbanks too.
🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by renegade50; 09/11/23.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Yep. EN1 Commeree was my LPO for a hot minute.
5’-5” of pure badass.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Worked with one after he got out.
Knew his stuff. Was a buddy of Val Kilmer.
He worked with Val’s dad……
Another guy that was a SEAL and then an instructor for SEALs taught my daughter to shoot in California
Very nice guy.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sort of, woman at work had a brother who was a recent SEAL. He was an officer and went right to BUDS from college (some Maritime school in New York City). He had 11 years in and broke both his shoulders in a parachute jump getting blown across a rock jetty! Double shoulder replacement.

He got out on a full disability, graduated from Harvard business school and runs a successful business!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Didn't read all the previous replies but wanted to tell my encounter.

I know a guy that claims to be a Navy SEAL Sniper from the Vietnam War. He tells EVERYONE that he encounters and wears a SEAL hat, etc...

Started watching Don Shipley on YouTube and how he calls out phony seals and learned that I could have Don verify (or not) if someone is actually a SEAL for a $20 donation and an email with some of the persons basic info.

Got an email back the next day from Don Shipley stating that the guy I know is not and has never completed BUDS training and is not in the SEAL database. He told me that I should do a FOIA request to get the guys service record to see what he did in the military, or if he was even in the military.

Absolutely astounds me that someone would lie about something like that.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
The Dr. that delivered my youngest was a SEAL.

Dr. Michael Nolan.

He passed away a couple years ago.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari

OK, before I blast you, have you ever lived near Little creek or Coronado?

Next, I’m shocked that you say most are good family men, when the acknowledged divorce rate for SeALS is like 80%. Of course, it could be the wives having all the affairs…

So, I think you’d do yourself a favor by explaining how you made all your SeAL contacts. You could give us a good story. I’m giving the opportunity ….

Haha.

Tell us about all the MLB players you know…

😂😂😂😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not a Seal, but I worked for a year side by side with 3 former Delta guys. One of them was Speedy, mentioned in the book “Not a Good Way to Die”. Great group of guys and really opened our eyes to different training methodologies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
LOL
The OP asks thousands of people on this board if they have even known a SEAL in their lifetime....and you come up with THIRTY??? C'mon man, seriously?
He probably gives five of them free hunts each year. And follows the Texas rule of “multiply by six” LOL
Please think, guys - think ! Blue has no reason to lie - to anyone, about anything - and particularly to the lesser experienced and the loudmouths. If you would like to understand how that has happened, try asking. For you to push the ridicule might be self-embarrasing. (add Rooster, tzone, BigDave, hatari, etc.)

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by deflave
LOL
The OP asks thousands of people on this board if they have even known a SEAL in their lifetime....and you come up with THIRTY??? C'mon man, seriously?
He probably gives five of them free hunts each year. And follows the Texas rule of “multiply by six” LOL
Please think, guys - think ! Blue has no reason to lie - to anyone, about anything - and particlarly to the lesser experienced and the loudmouths. If you would like to understand how has happened, try asking. For you to push the ridicule might be self-embarrasing.
What?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

719 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 2,885 guests, and 1,498 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,736
Posts18,475,959
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.