Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 37 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 36 37
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by goalie
Y'all got me to load up the G22 and throw that into the go-to lockbock in my shop. There's snow on the ground, and 15 rounds of .40 HST with a 22 round reload gives me warm fuzzies.

Goalie is that the 180 gr hst Federal white box stuff? How do you like it?. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
GB1

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I liked the “competence” discussion. Unconscious incompetence was really dangerous in a jet. Not knowing how incompetent you are in gun handling or in an aircraft is the toughest thing to get past. Perfect parallel. Lots of good discussion and things to think about out of this thread.

As it starts to get colder I’ll have better concealment with a jacket so I’ll be switching from my Sig 938 to my 45 Officer 1911. Same manual at arms, just a bit bigger and heavier.

Do you carry with the semiwadcutter 45 loads?

Last edited by navlav8r; 10/31/23.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Y'all got me to load up the G22 and throw that into the go-to lockbock in my shop. There's snow on the ground, and 15 rounds of .40 HST with a 22 round reload gives me warm fuzzies.

Yeah, the 180 shoots well out of my G22.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Mackay and others who have multiple EDC pistols. I understand that you might have a different gun for hot weather and cold weather applications. But from a tactical standpoint, thinking muscle memory here, would the best approach be to have as few platforms as possible and for those platforms to be similar? Say a Glock 19 and a Glock 48. Grip angle the same, controls in the same place, sight picture the same etc.

When I was on active duty in the Coast Guard we were carrying Beretta 92s. I started working part time as a reserve deputy for Harrison County. I went with a stainless 92 so that there was no relearning, retraining etc and muscle memory was identical. Seems like there would be similar value in being as standardized as possible with EDC.

Just thinking out loud.

For me similar is better. I figured this out after shooting a 1911 for a few years on my own time and then I shot in a unit ran 3 gun match with issue guns and the first shot from the holster with the M9 I swiped the safety down like it was a 1911. It cost me a couple of seconds. I gave the 1911 to my dad and bought myself a 92FS.

Later in my career we started getting Glocks so I picked one of those up for personal use. I didn't like the Glock so I sold it and stuck with the M9 at work and the 92 for personal use.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I liked the “competence” discussion. Unconscious incompetence was really dangerous in a jet.

There's a profundity that puts things in perspective....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Mackay and others who have multiple EDC pistols. I understand that you might have a different gun for hot weather and cold weather applications. But from a tactical standpoint, thinking muscle memory here, would the best approach be to have as few platforms as possible and for those platforms to be similar? Say a Glock 19 and a Glock 48. Grip angle the same, controls in the same place, sight picture the same etc.

When I was on active duty in the Coast Guard we were carrying Beretta 92s. I started working part time as a reserve deputy for Harrison County. I went with a stainless 92 so that there was no relearning, retraining etc and muscle memory was identical. Seems like there would be similar value in being as standardized as possible with EDC.

Just thinking out loud.

Get a full size gun that you carry and shoot all the time.

Take all the compact/subcompact schit and throw it in the trash.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I liked the “competence” discussion. Unconscious incompetence was really dangerous in a jet. Not knowing how incompetent you are in gun handling or in an aircraft is the toughest thing to get past. Perfect parallel. Lots of good discussion and things to think about out of this thread.

As it starts to get colder I’ll have better concealment with a jacket so I’ll be switching from my Sig 938 to my 45 Officer 1911. Same manual at arms, just a bit bigger and heavier.

No, I usually don't though I have a bunch on hand from many years back, and am still shooting them. Plus I made run of them a while back.

My standard carry .45 load is a +P 250 grain Hard Cast Flat Point. It runs 925 FPS from a 5" gun. That is right where the original .45 Colt revolver loads were at that did such a good number on both man and beast for so long. This simply does it is a much easier to shoot, and higher capacity platform. Penetrates like crazy too.

If I recall right, when JWP475 shot it into gel blocks it went over 3 feet of blocks. I have [punched it clean through some freshy killed cattle skulls and never been able to catch one yet

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is a load I sell a lot of, especially to people hiking and hunting in large predator country

It is without question the load I carry most in Grizzly and Black bear country.

People tend to automatically gravitate towards a 10mm, as they are not aware that there are high performance .45 ACP loads out there. I like the 10mm myself, but having cut my teeth on the .45, I have a tendency to shoot it more.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Mackay,

Why is your slide blue?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Mackay,

Why is your slide blue?
Clear a message or 2 from your inbox unless you're banned from using the PM function.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

No, I usually don't though I have a bunch on hand from many years back, and am still shooting them. Plus I made run of them a while back.

My standard carry .45 load is a +P 250 grain Hard Cast Flat Point. It runs 925 FPS from a 5" gun. That is right where the original .45 Colt revolver loads were at that did such a good number on both man and beast for so long. This simply does it is a much easier to shoot, and higher capacity platform. Penetrates like crazy too.

If I recall right, when JWP475 shot it into gel blocks it went over 3 feet of blocks. I have [punched it clean through some freshy killed cattle skulls and never been able to catch one yet

It is a load I sell a lot of, especially to people hiking and hunting in large predator country

It is without question the load I carry most in Grizzly and Black bear country.

People tend to automatically gravitate towards a 10mm, as they are not aware that there are high performance .45 ACP loads out there. I like the 10mm myself, but having cut my teeth on the .45, I have a tendency to shoot it more.

Been waiting on somebody to ask about the .45 Super. Is this too much ++p++ for the ACP case or ACP frames? Considered a used G21 a while back just to see.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Yeah, the 180 shoots well out of my G22.

OK thanks February before last I scored 21 boxes of it for $270 figured it was a steal. Normally just shoot lead or fmj loads of 180 grns...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Mackay,

Why is your slide blue?

The Colt was my old duty gun and competition gun from the 90s before I went to Glocks. I had it rebuilt and blued before I semi retired it. Have only owned one stainless 1911, a Colt Officer's ACP bought in 1991.

A few have mistaken this early Kimber for a stainless gun, but it just doesn't have much for finish left. It saw a very heavy round count at one point in time.

The cutting on the breach face tells the story:

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It fits my hand decent. I usually buy XXL gloves. My hands are not necessarily wide but I have long fingers. It also seems to fit very nicely in the IWB holster I have for a Glock 19. I got a screaming deal on it from a family friend with 5 mags and a leather mag holder. I and my Wife both carry Sig P365 X pistols most days but I frequently carry the Glock 30s as well. When the Walther PDP came out I got one in 4.5 and 4 inch models. Very ergonomic and while I don't have thousands of rounds thru each one. So far they have been 100% and the trigger is amazing.
I hope everyone stays safe and be vigilant. Things look like they are spiraling downward in this Country as well as the rest of the world.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Mackay,

Why is your slide blue?

Because, it’s so close to the thumb safety, slide lock & magazine release,

and they keep getting depressed...

F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
Nice observation anteloper!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Mackay,

Why is your slide blue?
Clear a message or 2 from your inbox unless you're banned from using the PM function.

I'll clear my box momentarily.

For you.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Mackay,

Why is your slide blue?

I'll clear my box momentarily.

For you.
Aww. How sweet.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOLOLOL

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Teddy Rosevelt, "Speak softly, and carry a big stick."[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 18 of 37 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,702
Posts18,475,262
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.