Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I purchased this rifle new in 2002 and upgraded the plain stock to a red-pad Hawkeye stock ordered new from Ruger. Like my Remington .223 I just sold on here, I skim-bedded a piece of a business card to free-float the forend, and tweaked the trigger. Among the photos is a group with 75-grain Sierra hollow points and Ramshot Big Game with 5 shots in 0.60 inches at 100 yards. Rifle is $1100 shipped from my FFL to your FFL, funds to be certified check or money order. First "I'll take it" here followed by a PM to arrange payment gets it. Scope is not included, but I will include the original Ruger medium rings. This is a very nice, clean rifle in very good condition with low round count, but I am downsizing for retirement. Send me a PM and I can text more photos. Thanks for looking.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Shouldnt last long!

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks Jgotro. Couple more photos:

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
nice

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
One more photo:

Another favorite load is Hodgdon Hybrid 100V and 100-grain bullets. This is 5 shots at 500 yards resting over my range bag on the hood of a pickup, and using the bottom "picket post" of my duplex crosshair as an aimpoint:

IC B2

D
D
Nice 257

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks Davidwc.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Sunday

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Just curios, you bought the rifle new in 2002 but the date, as I see , on the test target is 5/1/18 explanation?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Mohall57
Just curios, you bought the rifle new in 2002 but the date, as I see , on the test target is 5/1/18 explanation?

Are you implying that the test target in question came from ruger? I can tell you it did not, as they do not shoot that well from the factory.

Thank The Lord for imr4064!
-I don't always run a hoe; but when I do I hit the pipe
Bergara sidekick .223 wylde
Bergara B14 ridge 6.5 creedmoor
Ruger 57
Dead air Sandman L
IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Great gun and caliber. Tempting.

Last edited by Com45acp; 01/14/24.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I ‘am not implying anything buddy, just wondering how that target could have been shot by you 5/1/18 when you didn’t buy the rifle until 2002. Not trying to be a wise ass either, that’s a damn nice rifle and I don’t doubt it shoots well. Since Ruger started to make their own barrels,in the late 90’s if I’am not mistaken, most all the 77 Hawkeye shot well. I have owned a few myself. In addition I’am a great fan of the roberts, have had at least one all my adult life, presently have two a Remington 700 classic on the long action, that allows me to seat the 120 grain nosler out a little further just off the lands and with a hot load of H4831sc it’s a wonderful antelope and deer cartridge. My other roberts is a kimber hunter I use foe coyotes nearly exclusively, shooting that same 75 grain Sierra , and surprisingly a hot load of H380 shoots like a house afire and really does a number on those yotes, without damaging pelts if you center mass them ahead of the diagram. Also have a 257AI on a FN action and Lila barrel, now that’s a smoker, have taken elk and caribou and big mule deer with, problem is noe at 85yearsvoldnits a little heart to tote up them hills. And by the way that rifle should move soon, I would jump on it if I were #1 a little younger and#2 didn’t have too many 25’s already. Good hunting and good luck on that roberts. Don

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
I ‘am not implying anything buddy, just wondering how that target could have been shot by you 5/1/18 when you didn’t buy the rifle until 2002. Not trying to be a wise ass either, that’s a damn nice rifle and I don’t doubt it shoots well. Since Ruger started to make their own barrels,in the late 90’s if I’am not mistaken, most all the 77 Hawkeye shot well. I have owned a few myself. In addition I’am a great fan of the roberts, have had at least one all my adult life, presently have two a Remington 700 classic on the long action, that allows me to seat the 120 grain nosler out a little further just off the lands and with a hot load of H4831sc it’s a wonderful antelope and deer cartridge. My other roberts is a kimber hunter I use foe coyotes nearly exclusively, shooting that same 75 grain Sierra , and surprisingly a hot load of H380 shoots like a house afire and really does a number on those yotes, without damaging pelts if you center mass them ahead of the diagram. Also have a 257AI on a FN action and Lila barrel, now that’s a smoker, have taken elk and caribou and big mule deer with, problem is noe at 85yearsvoldnits a little heart to tote up them hills. And by the way that rifle should move soon, I would jump on it if I were #1 a little younger and#2 didn’t have too many 25’s already. Good hunting and good luck on that roberts. Don

He bought it in 2002 and the target is from 2018 (16 years later), makes sense year-wise to me.

Last edited by Woodzloafer; 01/14/24.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"target shot by you 5/1/18 when you didn't buy the rifle until 2002" think......think really hard.

Ruger 57
Dead air Sandman L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
mighty fine rifle that has all the proper work done IMHO, little extra bickering will help draw attention, GLWS sir.

Ruger 57
Dead air Sandman L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice Bob! If I didn’t already have a 76 tanger in Bob, I’d consider this one. (No target misunderstanding here) 😎. GLWS

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

I'll have whatever he had in his coffee this morning!!!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Are you related to Paul Barnyard?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by duckhunter175

Right?

35 Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JakeM78
Originally Posted by duckhunter175

Right?

There has to be a blonde joke in here somewhere !! smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (21, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 44 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,641
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.