Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
In talking to the Marlin rep at a show this past weekend I found out Marlin is coming out with its own single shot rifle. They're inspired by CVA's success and their hope initially was to buy H&R/NEF but FG wanted 35 million for the brand. So apparently a Marlin break action rifle is on the horizon

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting.

Let's hope it maintains some class and not get uglied up like a lot of them are.

I'll take some old school chamberings too......

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
It would be cool if they brought back the Ballard, but that probably isn't the direction they'll go.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I gathered they want it to be similar to the H&R handi rifle which was a better looking piece than the CVA

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
A scaled down Ruger #1 in .22lr would be cool.
Not a fan of break open rifles.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
didn't Marlin already have the H&R single shot? or when Remington bought Marlin, they left H&R on the table?

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by tdoyka
didn't Marlin already have the H&R single shot? or when Remington bought Marlin, they left H&R on the table?
They were a division of Marlin. I think when Remington bought the business they ended H&R manufacturing.

Last edited by Mike_S; 02/06/24.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
i think palmetto state armory owns the name H&R now. I know they are making some H&R ar platform

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As long as the comb is higher than the Henry single shot it'll be good.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Interested to see if it's a Ruger American version of the Number #1 or from the H&R type family?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by swag
Interested to see if it's a Ruger American version of the Number #1 or from the H&R type family?

I would say "break open action" nixes any #1 type version.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by moosemike
I gathered they want it to be similar to the H&R handi rifle which was a better looking piece than the CVA

How about an H&R type with nice walnut, plain blued reciever, and octagon or half octagon barrels?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It will be interesting to see what they come up with. However, if they stick to their "25,000 rounds on the shelf" cartridge selection, it's just going to be more of what's already on the market............45-70, .30-30, .44 mag, .350, .223 and maybe some .308 based rounds? Hopefully they'll step out of the box a bit in regards to stock design, chamberings and maybe interchangeable barrels.....something different than what's already out there.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So what you’re really saying is Ruger is gonna bring out a break-action single-shot.

Odd choice, but we shall see. There are already Chinese H&R copies I think, so maybe they’ll just copy them too.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Marlin IS Ruger now, so indeed interesting. But they will have good barrels, at least. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I was hoping this post was going to reveal a plan for Marlin to reintroduce their Ballard rifles again!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Freedom Group wanted $28 million for Marlin and 35 million for H&R. Ruger wasn't willing to buy both for that money

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Feral_American

How about an H&R type with nice walnut, plain blued reciever, and octagon or half octagon barrels?

He did mention octagon barrels coming back but that was in regards to the lever action line

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ruger #1`s are an excellent single shot and cost a lot too manufacture as most of us know , since Ruger now owns Marlin i bet this new type single shot version will be a cheaper type break-open single shot like Henry firearms manufactures ? these new Marlin single shots will be easier to make and much cheaper to manufacture but will probably still cost over $600.00 retail. the good thing is Ruger #1`s will gain even more value and probably will never be manufactured again. Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Freedom Group wanted $28 million for Marlin and 35 million for H&R. Ruger wasn't willing to buy both for that money

I’ll bet they did!🤣

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
Ruger #1`s are an excellent single shot and cost a lot too manufacture as most of us know , since Ruger now owns Marlin i bet this new type single shot version will be a cheaper type break-open single shot like Henry firearms manufactures ? these new Marlin single shots will be easier to make and much cheaper to manufacture but will probably still cost over $600.00 retail. the good thing is Ruger #1`s will gain even more value and probably will never be manufactured again. Pete53

No. He said they need to be competitive with the CVA singles price tag

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A single shot 35 REM would be nice

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
In talking to the Marlin rep at a show this past weekend I found out Marlin is coming out with its own single shot rifle. They're inspired by CVA's success and their hope initially was to buy H&R/NEF but FG wanted 35 million for the brand. So apparently a Marlin break action rifle is on the horizon
This will be interesting to follow.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I believe there is something to it. Since I didn't start the rumour, I can tell you that Ruger told me a little while ago that if they are going to do that, they will announce it via email/press release. I took that to mean, something is up, but they are just not going to say much at this time. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
This should keep us all jabbering for awhile. Let’s hope for a decent little kipplauf that lacks the Santa’s workshop look of the Henry, the plastic trigger guard of the NEF, and wood above the pallet grade stuff of the late No. 1s.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A Mannlicher stock might be fitting for this, depending on design.

Last edited by Stump Buster; 02/06/24.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
With Thompson Center all but dead, it would be NICE if it was something that could be in rifle AND pistol format (CVA was making Scout pistols, for a while), like the Contender/Encore. If none of you have one of the Scout pistols, they weren’t bad, considering the $300-$350 price point.

It certainly isn’t going to be like an 1885 or a No. 1, if it’s supposed to compete with a CVA Scout.

Should be interesting….

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Yeah, if they're going for the CVA price point ($250-450) it will be definitely be interesting to see what they come up with. I highly doubt it will have any wood on it at that kind of money, but you never know.

I'm a big fan of the CVAs, but some healthy competition is typically a good thing. Maybe Ruger/Marlin will cook up something even better at that price level.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
This will be interesting to follow.

^ ^ ^ ^ this

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If it's not a working man something or another
they might as well go on to other projects and
let Henry and the chinee peepuls take care of
the low end market
I can't see a big market for a high end single
that doesn't come in a Merkel box

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope whatever they come out with has interchangable barrels like could be done with the H&R. Would set them apart from the CVA/Henry pack.

And I'd like to see the 360 BH in the first round of offerings.

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Ruger is coming out with two new No.1's this year, a 270 75th anniversary and a 280 Ai. Apparently even more in the pipeline.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by marlinguy
I was hoping this post was going to reveal a plan for Marlin to reintroduce their Ballard rifles again!

One can only dream, Vall!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 21
Ruger is coming out with two new No.1's this year, a 270 75th anniversary and a 280 Ai. Apparently even more in the pipeline.

75th Anniversary? Anniversary of Ruger itself, since the anniversary of the .270 marks 100 years?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The 50th anniv of the Ruger #1 was 2017.
Aint getting another pimped falling block LOL

Last edited by hookeye; 02/07/24.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Raisins on the cookie, as my Old Man used to say!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by pointer
I hope whatever they come out with has interchangable barrels like could be done with the H&R. Would set them apart from the CVA/Henry pack.

The ability to swap barrels would be a good move for them. It would set them apart as you mentioned and fill the gap left by TC. If you can swap barrels, it could be advertised as a takedown model.

One big pro of the break action single shots is the short oal. In a suppressed break action, less barrel shortening is needed for the same rifle OAL as a bolt/etc. They could promote that.

Any of the states that have cartridge and/or action restrictions or special seasons would be another market, so yeah, any of the state restriction rounds should be a seller.

Whatever they do, I hope they make it slim/trim and stainless. I like light rifles. An option with a carbon butt/forend, a slim/trim receiver, and light contour barrel would be nice. So many of the short break actions are not lighter than bolt actions because of the weight of the stocks or heavy contour barrels. If designed well, it could compete in weight with the lightest rifles on the market, without the need for a shorter barrel, and still be suppressed.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by 21

75th Anniversary? Anniversary of Ruger itself, since the anniversary of the .270 marks 100 years?

Note upper left corner.

https://www.ruger.com/

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 21

i hope this is true !

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

No. He said they need to be competitive with the CVA singles price tag

well good for them but i won`t be buying this type of rifle , i prefer a better quality rifle .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

The ability to swap barrels would be a good move for them. It would set them apart as you mentioned and fill the gap left by TC. If you can swap barrels, it could be advertised as a takedown model.

One big pro of the break action single shots is the short oal. In a suppressed break action, less barrel shortening is needed for the same rifle OAL as a bolt/etc. They could promote that.

Any of the states that have cartridge and/or action restrictions or special seasons would be another market, so yeah, any of the state restriction rounds should be a seller.

Whatever they do, I hope they make it slim/trim and stainless. I like light rifles. An option with a carbon butt/forend, a slim/trim receiver, and light contour barrel would be nice. So many of the short break actions are not lighter than bolt actions because of the weight of the stocks or heavy contour barrels. If designed well, it could compete in weight with the lightest rifles on the market, without the need for a shorter barrel, and still be suppressed.
I very much agree. The rationale for suppressors would be a good seller. The popularity of these types of rifles in states with chambering restrictions makes them being an offering a no brainer IMO.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I know that some version of a Farquharson action would be nice, but Ruger already has the No. 1. As well, they need to hit an affordable price point, so that means a break action. Same with the stock. These days, plastic is the new wood. The tactical people like the look and the accountants like the cheap production cost.

If the the idea of single action, straight walled cartridges has Ruger's interest, then the 360 BHMR makes sense, if only for the bullet selection, the headspacing and the fact that people like as much punch as they can get for their dollar. This last thing doesn't always make sense, but it is what it is.

The bean counters have the final word, so I think they will have to offer something like a 223, 308 or similar "popular" cartridge as well, if they want to make some money.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Something slim and trim would get my attention. I'm not interested in some blocky chunky truck axle of a break action.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I'd like to see that as well but that's one of the cartridges he specifically named saying they have no interest in offering them at this time

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hackleback
Something slim and trim would get my attention. I'm not interested in some blocky chunky truck axle of a break action.

I'd love to see them give it appealing lines. I am with you on not being interested in another clubby design.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ditto + 1000.

They could take their cues from the Savage 219, IMO about the most graceful budget priced break open ever made. Emphasis on budget, not talking about Merkels or other high dollar kipplaufen.

[Linked Image from s1.img.bidsquare.com]

Of course, given today's market and buyers, it'll have a black plastic stock with M-Lok forend, maybe even a collapsible folding stock.

I just threw up a little writing that...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
1 member likes this: Sixpack
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
They could take their cues from the Savage 219, IMO about the most graceful budget priced break open ever made.

I agree that that is a very nice-looking single-shot rifle. The only "problem" with it is it doesn't meet the requirements for hunting in certain areas & manufacturers might take that into consideration. For hunting seasons in a variety of locations (i.e. if someone was trying to design a "universal" rifle instead of an elegant one), then it would at a minimum have to have the following features to check off the largest number of regulation requirements:

1. Breech loaded
2. Exposed hammer
3. Chambered in calibers .35 or greater
4. Chambered in a straight-walled cartridge

Item 1, 2 & 3 are what I have to primitive hunt under in LA & MS. Item #2 (which negates your excellent suggestion) is what keeps my beloved Ruger #1 chambered in 9.3x74r stuck in my gun safe collecting dust. It's a regulation that I see no reason for but I have to live with it for part of the hunting season. Similar to your Savage 219 suggestion, in other posts Exchipy has shared photos of his very nice TCR 83 Aristocrat which had the same lines as your Savage suggestion but is still inadequate for my particular area:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Maybe they’re thinking of bringing back the Number 3 but under the Marlin banner.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by odonata
They could take their cues from the Savage 219, IMO about the most graceful budget priced break open ever made.

I agree that that is a very nice-looking single-shot rifle. The only "problem" with it is it doesn't meet the requirements for hunting in certain areas & manufacturers might take that into consideration. For hunting seasons in a variety of locations (i.e. if someone was trying to design a "universal" rifle instead of an elegant one), then it would at a minimum have to have the following features to check off the largest number of regulation requirements:

1. Breech loaded
2. Exposed hammer
3. Chambered in calibers .35 or greater
4. Chambered in a straight-walled cartridge

Item 1, 2 & 3 are what I have to primitive hunt under in LA & MS. Item #2 (which negates your excellent suggestion) is what keeps my beloved Ruger #1 chambered in 9.3x74r stuck in my gun safe collecting dust. It's a regulation that I see no reason for but I have to live with it for part of the hunting season. Similar to your Savage 219 suggestion, in other posts Exchipy has shared photos of his very nice TCR 83 Aristocrat which had the same lines as your Savage suggestion but is still inadequate for my particular area:

You summed that up pretty well. Now add in that it has to be affordable so people will actually buy them. Henrys and CVAs may fall short in some ways, but they are affordable, and people are buying them. I’m not sure there’s much room for another similar rifle.

What fresh Hell is this?
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
If they can come in with some sort of decent break action closer to CVA's prices than Henry's they might do ok with it, because there is a bit of a gap between the brand price points.

Iron sights would be a plus; the lack thereof is my main rub with the Scouts.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cra1948
Maybe they’re thinking of bringing back the Number 3 but under the Marlin banner.

No. As I've been trying to say they're bringing back the H&R handi rifle with their spin on it. That was initially the brand they wanted even before Marlin but they didn't like the price

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
H&R? CVA? Price point?

Yawn. Who friggen cares. Give us something to get excited about.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]”GOOD COPY, except for a bit of HISSS in your transmission. Over.”

Every day’s an adventure.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from s1.img.bidsquare.com]

Agreed:

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Exchipy

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]”GOOD COPY, except for a bit of HISSS in your transmission. Over.”

😂

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O

too damn funny!

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

lololol

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
IF the trigger is truly **good** then I'm interested, otherwise, meh, just another thing I don't need.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
😂

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
🤣😂🤣

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those Savage 219s were well made rifles, especially for the money.

The patents on Contenders and Encores have likely lapsed. Maybe Ruger could just knock them off, as they have 1911s?

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 02/09/24.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
This is nothing new, Marlin had their name on an H&R style shotgun years ago. Google Marlin Model 200.
They were made in 410, 20 and 12 gauge.

https://live.affiliatedauctions.com/lots/view/1-8E8PWT/marlin-model-200-12-gauge-single-shot-shotgun

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cab1958
This is nothing new, Marlin had their name on an H&R style shotgun years ago. Google Marlin Model 200.
They were made in 410, 20 and 12 gauge.

https://live.affiliatedauctions.com/lots/view/1-8E8PWT/marlin-model-200-12-gauge-single-shot-shotgun

Cool. Didn't know about that one

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
TY for sharing that cab1958, I didnt know that

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Stump Buster
A Mannlicher stock might be fitting for this, depending on design.

One can only dream!

A Mannlicher #1 would be awesome. Wont hold my breath on either.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would be delighted if they bought the patent for Savage model 219. - Sherwood

FIRE UP THE GRILL - is NOT catch and release!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sherwood
I would be delighted if they bought the patent for Savage model 219. - Sherwood
Unnecessary, as any applicable patents are very long expired. So, it’s open season, should someone actually want to reverse engineer an exact duplicate of the Savage 219. Now, who would be sufficiently motivated to do it, if anyone?

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I have several single shots at present including two older Contender carbines, a Hernry, a CVA Scout and a NEF Handi Rifle. I have owned a couple of #1'and a #3.
The Rugers were excellent. I also would love to see the 219 design resurrected. Even a remake of the Winchester 37 (original) in straight wall chamberings. Don't know about strength, tjough.
The older TCs are hard to open, the CVA is plastic ugly, and the NEF is clunky (and is a handful in 45-70).
I'm quite happy n with my Henry other than the excessive drop in the stock. I had to add a lace on riser to be able to use a scope.
Killed the first legal rifle shot deer on my land in a hundred years with the CVA Scout 44.
I can remember when CVA started out with poor Spanish made muzzle loader copies that were synonymous with the word "junk". They make some pretty good stuff these days.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
moosemike, That is great news. I look forward to seeing it. Brian

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I'd be tickled if Ruger/Marlin brought back a single shot rifle like this:

They could even make some plain versions for hunting!

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I was waiting for that to come up! One can only dream, can't one?

I was very happy to read of the possibility of an H&R style single shot rifle from Marlin!
I enjoy shooting my 45-70 Buffalo Classic and my son killed his first 7 turkeys with an H&R 20 gauge single shot.
I have a new great grandson that I would like to buy one for as he will probably grow up in a state that would make that type rifle, in 560 Buckhammer, ideal. And all that I have read about that cartridge impresses me.
However, I used the "Tell the CEO" feature on the Ruger website and received the response "Marlin has no plans for a single shot at this time, sorry."
I hope they change their minds before he needs it!
Tom

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
A high wall rather than the low wall type shown. I had a Ballard someone had put a 45-70 barrel on and I never felt safe with even trapdoor loads. The one I built from a Numrich kit (stock fire end sand barrel for $48) was a different story.
I’d like to see a Rolling Block at a non-Pedersoli price.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 11point
However, I used the "Tell the CEO" feature on the Ruger website and received the response "Marlin has no plans for a single shot at this time, sorry."

Tom

Dammit, does that mean I can't believe everything I read on the internet?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 11point

Tom

Dammit, does that mean I can't believe everything I read on the internet?

You mean like Trijicon eye relief. Good Christ you are something.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We could learn a lot from the Europeans

Like the Merkel …..a Kipplauf…….a nice light stalking rifle. 4 1/2-5 lbs.

But we won’t….

Last edited by 257_X_50; 03/17/24.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
But we won’t….

Depends on who you mean by “we.”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But we won’t….

I stand corrected
Quite handsome
Are they still being produced?

Last edited by 257_X_50; 03/20/24.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I stand corrected
Quite handsome
Are they still being produced?

Unfortunately, they are not. It seems there’s insufficient financial incentive to resurrect their production in the U.S., even though German made Kipplaufs are so very expensive here. Though it might at first appear easy to reverse engineer the discontinued rifles, not enough of them could be sold at the price level needed to recover the necessary development costs (hey, it’s a tough business). As your original post suggested, there’s simply not enough popular demand for them. Too bad.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Papag
A high wall rather than the low wall type shown. I had a Ballard someone had put a 45-70 barrel on and I never felt safe with even trapdoor loads. The one I built from a Numrich kit (stock fire end sand barrel for $48) was a different story.
I’d like to see a Rolling Block at a non-Pedersoli price.

Depends on which Ballard action it is. A forged receiver, versus a cast receiver - no problem. They were offered in thunderous black powder chamberings back in the day and are viable today - use as such for 130 years and counting is testimony to that. (My .40-65 is built on a Ballard Pacific action.) If a guy has it in his head to shoot mega loads he's well advised to utilize a modern action, but standard (sane) loads are perfectly ok in a forged Ballard action. Even the Trapdoor has strength in excess of what's been ballyhoo'ed in the press and across gunshop countertops for the last 100 years.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Making a break open single in modern CF calibers didn't work so well for the Knight.

I had 1 with 2 barrels, minute of pie plate was the norm and they were heavy.

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
But we won’t….

And for a base price of about $8000:

https://parkwestarms.com/product/sd-10/

Bruce

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by richj
Making a break open single in modern CF calibers didn't work so well for the Knight.

I had 1 with 2 barrels, minute of pie plate was the norm and they were heavy.

Love ‘em or hate ‘em, the Henrys are perennially hard to come by, in some calibers and all gauges. Somebody’s buying them. The two rifles I bought were/are plenty accurate, and my .410 is a peach. A little heavy, especially the larger calibers, but generally very nice to nearly stunning wood, and nicely finished. Might shoot my .410 at some clays today, red dot and all.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I sincerely wish Ruger would do a #1 in 22LR.

1Minute
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

444 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,398
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.