Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Tarquin Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
The best thing that could happen to American culture would be for the NFL to go bankrupt and fold. Why? Exhibit A: the black national anthem; Exhibit B they're full-throated support of BLM, kneeling during the national anthem, etc; Exhibit C: their whole-hearted embrace of multi-culturalism, hip-hop culture, vulgarity in every form and black supremacy; lastly, their full-throated support for Leftism in all its guises.

Why you guys who claim to be conservative patronize the NFL and put money into their pockets is just beyond me. Complete hypocrisy.

Tarquin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Tarquin
The best thing that could happen to American culture would be for the NFL to go bankrupt and fold. Why? Exhibit A: the black national anthem; Exhibit B they're full-throated support of BLM, kneeling during the national anthem, etc; Exhibit C: their whole-hearted embrace of multi-culturalism, hip-hop culture, vulgarity in every form and black supremacy; lastly, their full-throated support for Leftism in all its guises.

Why you guys who claim to be conservative patronize the NFL and put money into their pockets is just beyond me. Complete hypocrisy.
Agreed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
100 % agree.
Had better things to do yesterday than support though AHoles

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
True, but even worse, IF YOU DON’T VOTE, you are the problem.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hear Hear

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Oh suck a donkey dick, I played along time, there is no race or politics on the field, you just try to take the other guy’s head off before he breaks your neck, vileness is all there is!!!

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Lol, says the dumchit who doesn't vote.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
GFY

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Super what?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not just the NFL how about the NBA & MLB too.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
have to chuckle at all the talk about folks not liking the girl singer or her boyfriend. Not liking the black song, the half time show, the play calling, the officials, the coaches, players or the teams.

Yet y'all still tune in like trained sheep. I played football myself, and used to really enjoy the game, but you reach a point................

Sam......

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Have not watched any pro sports since the strikes in the 80's.

With the exception being, the Tour de France

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 02/12/24.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I heard the halftime show was very pro American again and also represented the majority of the productive, working people in the US.

Since they played the black national anthem, it’s mandatory forever now. There is talk of a Hispanic national anthem coming soon. There will be others. Pretty soon it will be 90 minutes to get through all the national anthems. Lol.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Did I miss the boon anthem, I keep waiting so I can have a cussing fit, did I not see it ? I didn’t watch any halftime.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
agreed.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I will be a big boy and admit I'm part of the problem.

And there are a lot of us. Just take yesterday's superbowl party...

8 people

All 8 voted for Trump 2x and will be voting for him again.

4 of the people not only watched the game but also have season tickets

Have always enjoyed watching sports, football being my favorite. In the fall on Sundays I chase grouse with my dad and his neighbor then go back and have a beer and watch the game. Gives me joy to be able to watch the game with the old man and I'm not giving that up

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
CHINA, will be coming soon.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't watch it but I'll be damned if I'll take "you need to be a better person and not a hypocrite" advice from this OP.

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Angus55
Did I miss the boon anthem, I keep waiting so I can have a cussing fit, did I not see it ? I didn’t watch any halftime.

They did not play or refer to any "black national anthem," but they did have a rendition of America the Beautiful and the National Anthem, during which no players kneeled.

And anyone who wants to tell ne what I should/should not watch on my TV in my house can kiss my ass.

A true conservative would not give a shìt.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Teal
I didn't watch it but I'll be damned if I'll take "you need to be a better person and not a hypocrite" advice from this OP.

Who did the op vote for I wonder

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by smokepole

They did not play or refer to any "black national anthem," but they did have a rendition of America the Beautiful and the National Anthem, during which no players kneeled.

And anyone who wants to tell ne what I should/should not watch on my TV in my house can kiss my ass.

couldnt have said it better

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Super Bowl is what, a four hour event?

Meanwhile........

Peeps are on Facebook, feeding Zuckerberg, every day, all day.

Peeps are drinking Bud Lite, every night.

Peeps are routinely using Google products; search, email, YouTube, etc. every day, all day.

And I've probably omitted several..........

Very, very few are changing their habits to throw sand in the gears of The Swamp. It's easier to rant in a thread "Somebody (else) should do something!!!"

Last edited by SupFoo; 02/12/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
have to chuckle at all the talk about folks not liking the girl singer or her boyfriend. Not liking the black song, the half time show, the play calling, the officials, the coaches, players or the teams.

Yet y'all still tune in like trained sheep. I played football myself, and used to really enjoy the game, but you reach a point................

Same.

I can’t see supporting a product that I don’t need and goes all in on undermining my values.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Our support or not doesn’t make a hill of beans to the success of the organization. Virtually ALL urbanites are hooked on the nfl. The nfl could come out with a formal statement against the existence of whit folks, and urbanites would still watch with enthusiasm.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I agree.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I gave myself a B Day present and missed it for the 24th time. 😀

Swifty
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

This. Don't know the black anthem thing came from but I've yet to see or hear. Post Malone, a rapper complete w/face tats performed an awesome acoustic version of America the Beautiful. Oh and the kneeling thing went out the window pre covid.

Last edited by bluffview; 02/12/24.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Oh suck a donkey dick, I played along time, there is no race or politics on the field, you just try to take the other guy’s head off before he breaks your neck, vileness is all there is!!!

Thats why the NFL had "End racism" in big letter in both end zones clueless covtard boomer and NFL players kneeled for the white national anthem and all had BLM terroist stickers on their helmets

now stand up and pledge allegiance to Obama and Cumala, maxine waters AOC

Last edited by ribka; 02/12/24.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Did not even know who was playing in the SB until last night, did not watch one second of it or any other game this year.
I do vote.
I do buy from Amazon though.

The NFL, Bud Lite, Target, Dick's and others are not the problem, they are a result of the problem. We (each generation actually) have spoiled our children, not made them understand the rule of law, not taught them the importance of the Constitution, sent our children to public schools knowing in general they are not worth a crap, have depended on schools and daycare to raise our children, children grow up in broken homes with no Father figure, everybody gets a trophy, on so on. Until a generation is raised to respect our Constitution, honor the sanctity of the family, respect the ideals our upon which our country was founded things will not change. IMO it will not happen.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
These players today are total freaks, human God’s, I watch most developing in college, but what they develop into in the professional’s is off the charts the last 4 or 5 years. I didn’t watch any pro ball during the taking a knee and kneegrow BS, but when you see LB running 4.4 and knocking balls down from wide outs , and DE running 4.5 and weighing 300 pounds and not a once of fat, football has changed a lot in a few years and I am amazed at these young guys, it’s crazy when a 270 guy hurdle a DB standing up. The game and the humans are getting ready to take off, and this old man is going to watch it blossom !

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good game though lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can't imagine how little I care

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LazyL0228
CHINA, will be coming soon.

Just so they don't come during the Superbowl

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Quit watching nfl when the kneeling crap started.

There is only one National Anthem and it ain't black!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
The was pretty cool that Pfizer worked with US govt to get thousands of unjabbed soldiers kicked out of the military with no benefits. In the meantime millions of illegal aliens invaded our country and no covid vax but that was celebrated

All of the U.S. military services have now begun disciplinary actions and discharges for troops who have refused to get the mandated coronavirus vaccine, officials said, with as many as 20,000 unvaccinated forces at risk of being removed from service.

Now Pfizer has teamed up with the NFL and boomers think that's super swell

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by steve4102
True, but even worse, IF YOU DON’T VOTE, you are the problem.

Comrade says you are staying home?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

zero hypocrisy here on that one. Wife and I have not watched pro anything sports since the kneeling started and not much prior to. We have our own principles and will not bend on some. Those idiots need to be gone.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NFL, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, and all the rest of them recently penned a joint letter to Congress demanding gun control to "protect their fans".

F those organizations and the same to anybody that supports them.

On the niqqer national anthem: remember, "separate but equal" is disallowed. Guess which national anthem is going to get scrapped?

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya

ya!

GWB

Don’t tell me you are now extending a hand of friendship to Paul Barnard…

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
These players today are total freaks, human God’s, I watch most developing in college, but what they develop into in the professional’s is off the charts the last 4 or 5 years. I didn’t watch any pro ball during the taking a knee and kneegrow BS, but when you see LB running 4.4 and knocking balls down from wide outs , and DE running 4.5 and weighing 300 pounds and not a once of fat, football has changed a lot in a few years and I am amazed at these young guys, it’s crazy when a 270 guy hurdle a DB standing up. The game and the humans are getting ready to take off, and this old man is going to watch it blossom !

OK, you've convinced us. whistle

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I had a great time watching the Super Bowl with my hunting buddies. Great food too.

Looking forward to the NFL playoffs next year.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Wait. Tardqueen didn't vote for Trump but wants to castigate the 120 million who watched a ball game?

Lol

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
The NFL is supporting the sexualizing of children and the fact children can be taken from parents and have their genitals removed

That's pretty cool

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Riverc

You forgot NHL!

KB

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Honest question-

Stuff is fun to discuss and debate but has anyone's mind ever changed in these threads?

Same as those athiest vs thumper threads.

Beans vs no beans

270 vs 06

- Darth Vader
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Wait. Tardqueen didn't vote for Trump but wants to castigate the 120 million who watched a ball game?

Lol

If he would get an invite to a superbowl party he would go. Since he got snubbed, he’s bitter.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
They should change their name to the National Negro Lovers.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yeah, the NFL and the Super Bowl are just all about football. They'd never try to leverage their economic impact outside of football. Pass the chips and dip.

Greg Abbott blasts NFL for wading into "bathroom bill" debate - texastribune.org

Said Abbott on Tuesday: “For some low-level NFL adviser to come out and say that they are going to micromanage and try to dictate to the state of Texas what types of policies we’re going to pass in our state, that’s unacceptable.

“We don’t care what the NFL thinks and certainly what their political policies are because they are not a political arm of the state of Texas or the United States of America. They need to learn their place in the United States, which is to govern football, not politics.”

NBA joins NFL to warn Texas over transgender bathroom bill - dallasnews.com

NBA and NFL turn up heat on North Carolina over transgender bathrooms - lifesitenews.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka

Thats why the NFL had "End racism" in big letter in both end zones clueless covtard boomer and NFL players kneeled for the white national anthem and all had BLM terroist stickers on their helmets

now stand up and pledge allegiance to Obama and Cumala, maxine waters AOC

That explains a lot!!! I couldn’t understand a word that those black chicks were singing, So THAT was the black national anthem????

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KillerBee

You forgot NHL!

LOL, apples and oranges.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
kneeling during the national anthem,

Kneeling during the NA hasn't been a thing in years. It wasn't a big thing when it was a thing.

And on top of that no players stood for the NA for at least the 1st 75 years of the NFL. I played 10 years at various levels and coached HS ball for 30. Never stood for the NA until the last 10-12 years of my coaching career.

Prior to 9/11 players and coaches stayed in the locker rooms until AFTER the NA was played. If it were played at all and it often wasn't. After 9/11 the military PAYS the NFL to do the pregame show. It is done as a recruiting commercial. The military requested players be on the field for the show.

Today we have too many who think they have to wrap themselves in the flag and tell everyone how patriotic they are. If you have to do that, you don't understand what it means to be patriotic.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to be part of the problem, culture wars and dumb.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Is the NFL putting terrrorist stickers on players' helmets patriotic?

Originally Posted by JMR40

Kneeling during the NA hasn't been a thing in years. It wasn't a big thing when it was a thing.

And on top of that no players stood for the NA for at least the 1st 75 years of the NFL. I played 10 years at various levels and coached HS ball for 30. Never stood for the NA until the last 10-12 years of my coaching career.

Prior to 9/11 players and coaches stayed in the locker rooms until AFTER the NA was played. If it were played at all and it often wasn't. After 9/11 the military PAYS the NFL to do the pregame show. It is done as a recruiting commercial. The military requested players be on the field for the show.

Today we have too many who think they have to wrap themselves in the flag and tell everyone how patriotic they are. If you have to do that, you don't understand what it means to be patriotic.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I watched the last quarter and overtime but I have no idea if they are still taking a knee during our national anthem? I assume the black anthem was played?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yup.
But those that do will find a ton of justification for watching and supporting the NFL with all the evil they give support to ----and say it's not their fault at all.

First they must lie to themselves and make themselves believe they are inconsequential and so it "doesn't matter". And then they will go hell-bent to convince anyone else that points out the truth of it to them that those truth-tellers are wrong, stupid or divicine.

When you have no basis for argument, abuse and insult your opponent
(Plato)

But the pure truth is quite simple.

If you pay for it you DO support it.
If you DO support it it's partly your fault!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I can’t see supporting a product that I don’t need and goes all in on undermining my values.

Agreed. The left has been very effective using economic blackmail as a means of influence and control. The right must do the same - every day of the week. The Bud Light boycott and Target boycott seem to have been effective; hopefully, this put the fear of $$ into corporations.

Not that my actions have impacted Exxon, but the only time I have purchased their gas since the Exxon-Valdez oil spill was when my car ran out of gas in front of an Exxon station and I pushed my car in.

Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Honest question-

Stuff is fun to discuss and debate but has anyone's mind ever changed in these threads?

A point I remember from a sermon: no one wins an argument; one person just stops responding.

The only sport I watch with even the slightest degree of regularity is MLB - in case you haven’t heard, my Rangers won the WS. And they are the only MLB team without a gay pride night. That said, it is difficult to watch because of the Diamond Sports / Bally Sports bankruptcy fiasco. But I digress …

I refuse to even click on any online story about the Suoer Bowl. I certainly don’t GAS about a horse-faced pop singer.

The NBA and NFL are disgusting because of their players showboating, the stupidity that flows out of their mouths, and their off-the-field actions. Plus the caliber of play in the NBA is pathetic compared to the glory years of the Lakers and Celtics (Magic, Kareem, Bird). But I must admit that my decision to ignore these sports is made easier because my local teams are the champion-of-the-mediocre Wowboys and the Mark-Cuban-owned [bleep] Mavericks.

I feel better now. Thank you for the opportunity to vent.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bluffview

This. Don't know the black anthem thing came from but I've yet to see or hear. Post Malone, a rapper complete w/face tats performed an awesome acoustic version of America the Beautiful. Oh and the kneeling thing went out the window pre covid.
Kneeling thing. Not from pics I saw today. And read that some players were disciplined by a coach for kneeling... nope. KMRRA

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You forgot NHL!

LOL, apples and oranges.

I know 5% of NFL players are gay.

100% of NHL players are gay.

grin

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/12/24.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by szihn
Yup.
But those that do will find a ton of justification for watching and supporting the NFL with all the evil they give support to ----and say it's not their fault at all.

First they must lie to themselves and make themselves believe they are inconsequential and so it "doesn't matter". And then they will go hell-bent to convince anyone else that points out the truth of it to them that those truth-tellers are wrong, stupid or divicine.

(Plato)

Trump watches the Superbowl 😮

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
all the pro sports stuff makes very little if any money off of me...
it's like anything else in life it's about personal choices.. not going to not be friends with somebody just because they choose to watch it or not. but I also don't have to watch it with them ..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You forgot NHL!

LOL, apples and oranges.

They are both fruits.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I have stood for the NA as long as I can recall. Anyone that doesn't is a disgrace to this country. Those that kneel are even worse disgraces.

We may disagree on things, but the NA is like the flag. Stand and honor. Period

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn't watch it. I started to, and I knew deep down I didn't want to see the Swifty Bowl. Woke [bleep].

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by geedubya

ya!

GWB

GWB......FF to 36:00......annual event in southern Utah

Nuthing like the 'Tour De France' event though

Maybe Paul Barnard will come out for the spring '24 event---------- grin

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The title of your thread is ridiculously presumptuous - and wrong. I may be part of some problem, but your kind of reasoning will not identify and describe it.

And, about your "best thing" - while many among us also deplore senseless and even stupid "racial/cultural' displays such as those you note there, we also know that they are based on falsity and are hollow at their core. None of those will prevail, or even make a meaningful mark. They are momentary signalling events - not of substance.

Some substantive cultural issues indeed are serious in some respects, but they are very little tied to an annual sport contest or any other planned spectacle. Those issues are of the soul, character, morals and the intellect.

Why not try to avoid confusing that serious fact with the simple reality that some folks played football, still like to see the contest and the displays of skill, and can enjoy a game without fussing over whatever may be wrong with the NFL and its people, or some dumb entertainment stuff that, in one form or another, has been going on for as long as we can remember?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I love being told what to do...

What to watch... or not to watch...

Who I am supposed to hate... and who I am supposed to love.

Free Choice Sucks...

Down with all you Imperialist Dogs...

Long Live Che Guevara and Karl Marx!!!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I loved watching every minute of the game. The half time show sucked. Blame me for being a part of everything wrong in the world.
Oh, I have a Steeler emblem tattooed on my right arm.
You watch what you want to and I’ll do the same. I pay $230 a month for Direct TV and not losing any sleep over it.
I’m sure my wife enjoyed the game more than I did.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Gave up on pro sports 30 yrs ago.
Dont care what other people watch.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I could give a flying fuqk what Tardqueen thinks

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Very perceptive observation. The NFL is just about sport and entertainment never gets involved divisive destructive left wing politics

Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Tus played football, still like the comntests and displays of skillarquin

The title of your thread is ridiculously presumptuous - and wrong. I may be part of some problem, but your kind of reasoning will not identify and describe it.

And, about your "best thing" - while many among us also deplore senseless and even stupid "racial/cultural' displays such as those you note there, we also know that they are based on falsity and are hollow at their core. None of those will prevail, or even make a meaningful mark. They are momentary signalling events - not of substance.

Some substantive cultural issues indeed are serious in some respects, but they are very little tied to an annual sport contest or any other planned spectacle. Those issues are of the soul, character, morals and the intellect.

Why not try to avoid confusing that serious fact with the simple reality that some folks played football, still like to see the contest and the displays of skill, and can enjoy a game without fussing over whatever may be wrong with the NFL and its people, or some dumb entertainment stuff that, in one form or another, has been going on for as long as we can remember?

Last edited by ribka; 02/12/24.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You dumb shįts give literally thousands of dollars to Hollywood every year....but watching the super bowl is really bad m'kay.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You dumb shįts give literally thousands of dollars to Hollywood every year....but watching the super bowl is really bad m'kay.

Jim they are just gonna say no they havent watched a movie since 74 or had a TV since then either.

- Darth Vader
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

There are people here who hate Ruger and yet, buy Levi's. Campfire doesn't limit its hypocrisy to just the circuses.

Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Jim they are just gonna say no they havent watched a movie since 74 or had a TV since then either.
I can count on one hand the movies watched for the last 20 years.
Have not really watched any TV except youtube type documentaries stuff in the last 7 or so years IIRC.

Now and then there is some documetary on Prime too we watch.

But our own personal principles are just that. And we simply don't think we should support Hollywood or MSM TV type stuff. Plus there is almost nothing on TV that we can find new thats worth the waste of time.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

There are people here who hate Ruger and yet, buy Levi's. Campfire doesn't limit its hypocrisy to just the circuses.
Hmm. You caught me. LOL. We all have our thing. Of course its actually more like Duluth the last 5 plus years. Before that it was Wranglers.

Heck I've even bought 2 rugers in the last 10 years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495

I can count on one hand the movies watched for the last 20 years.
Have not really watched any TV except youtube type documentaries stuff in the last 7 or so years IIRC.

Now and then there is some documetary on Prime too we watch.

But our own personal principles are just that. And we simply don't think we should support Hollywood or MSM TV type stuff. Plus there is almost nothing on TV that we can find new thats worth the waste of time.

Same here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495

Hmm. You caught me. LOL. We all have our thing. Of course its actually more like Duluth the last 5 plus years. Before that it was Wranglers.

Heck I've even bought 2 rugers in the last 10 years.

I avoid Gillette, Nike, Coca Cola, and several other companies that flagrantly flaunt cultural rot. It’s impossible to avoid them all but as much as possible, especially when they throw it in my face I go out of my way to avoid the product that they’re selling.

Ruger’s a false equivalency. I despised Ruger’s support of a magazine capacity ban but it was offered as a counter proposal to banning the guns themselves IIRC. I still 100% disagree but Ruger wasn’t taking it upon themselves to push for gun control. At any rate Bill Ruger is dead and Ruger hasn’t doubled down on it the way other companies have. Ruger does not support the wholesale destruction of our country in remotely the same way that Gillette or the NFL have and continue to.

Szihn summed it up best on page 3 of this thread IMO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup.

(Plato)

Spot on.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What is this “super bowl” you speak of?

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Sounds like you need a wipe….and a cigarette.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
UAW family!!!!! biden is an honorary member.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
"I was just a young man when they held the Roman spectacles in the Coliseum, and like all the others I just hated to see the Christians ripped to pieces by the lions, slaves forced to fight each other to the death, I suppose on some level we knew it was wrong...but it was a lot of entertainment for just one quadrans to get in."
this moment in history brought to you by the American Sarcasm Society.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I 100% agree!

If you watched or support the NFL in anyway. You are definitely part of the problem! You are not part of the solution.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Yup.

(Plato)

Spot on.

You two still paying taxes?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just step back and think about this deal.

Bud Grant thought it was a joke.

Every time he got his team in it he went Duck 🦆 hunting.

He knew if they played the game at The Met…..they would have won.

Charlie Wiess today said if he fell over on the street in Mpls after the Super Bowl there he would have died….

It was so cold.

But it’s fun!

To me it’s like New Years Eve.

Every thing starts over…..next holiday is Valentine’s Day!

If you can’t see the great accomplishment that Andy Reid has accomplished…..I feel sorry 4 U.

If you let this deal get under yer skin……..I suggest you callus up.

It’s entertainment……..

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I watched it and if you don't like it either pay for my TV and cable bill so you can decide what I watch, or you can go [bleep] yourself. Pretty simple options to me

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
I watched it and if you don't like it either pay for my TV and cable bill so you can decide what I watch, or you can go [bleep] yourself. Pretty simple options to me

So what you are saying... in a nutshell...

Is that you are an American...

And live you life as you see fit...

Without the FBI... .GOV... or morons everywhere telling what to do every single second of you life...

HOLY FUGG...

How dare you!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CHAEEEEEFZ!

The other deal is Brock Purdue…..

Last draft pick…

Iowa State…..

This guy is good, and only been in it 2 years.

Last edited by Angus1895; 02/12/24.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Did not even know who was playing in the SB until last night, did not watch one second of it or any other game this year.
I do vote.

The NFL, Bud Lite, Target, Dick's and others are not the problem, they are a result of the problem. We (each generation actually) have spoiled our children, not made them understand the rule of law, not taught them the importance of the Constitution, sent our children to public schools knowing in general they are not worth a crap, have depended on schools and daycare to raise our children, children grow up in broken homes with no Father figure, everybody gets a trophy, on so on. Until a generation is raised to respect our Constitution, honor the sanctity of the family, respect the ideals our upon which our country was founded things will not change. IMO it will not happen.

What America needs is more God.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
-
You ignored Ribka's post, surprise

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Mike70560
I do vote.

What America needs is more God.

And less of other dumbasses telling you what you should or shouldn't do.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

You're an idiot and always have been.

That doesn't mean Tarqueen has any gripe, he doesn't. He didn't vote, period..... he has no room to speak.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Like the other threads, so much virtue signaling going on.

Almost funny.

ETA: it’s the same crew in every sports, TV, movie, etc. thread, too.

So pure!

Last edited by ironbender; 02/12/24.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Skank, nope, I don’t listen or watch the [bleep] propaganda, could care less about what they say, just how they play, you talk smack on the field, you may be picking up your teeth. I saw our fullback in college knock out the all American safety on defense, teeth laying everywhere on field, he never moved when they wheeled him off, white FB and black safety, I laughed my ass off .

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Don't watch that garbage, don't even know who won the damn thing, refuse to patronize a bunch of buffoons running around getting paid 10s of millions of dollars when the majority of us work as a cog in the wheel. I don't judge those that watch it, just not me

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
Don't watch that garbage, don't even know who won the damn thing, refuse to patronize a bunch of buffoons running around getting paid 10s of millions of dollars when the majority of us work as a cog in the wheel. I don't judge those that watch it, just not me
49ers one

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Skank, nope, I don’t listen or watch the [bleep] propaganda, could care less about what they say, just how they play, you talk smack on the field, you may be picking up your teeth. I saw our fullback in college knock out the all American safety on defense, teeth laying everywhere on field, he never moved when they wheeled him off, white FB and black safety, I laughed my ass off .

Where did you play?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep.

Applies to so much more too. Movies, music, television, etc....

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Have not had any interest in pro sports since 1995.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Don't know if it has been said...but they broadcast the superbowl to troops overseas...are they the enemy?

Where does that fit into this theory?

Last edited by Jcubed; 02/12/24.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Guess I'm part of the problem and don't GAF. My TV, my bill, I watch what I want when I want. I thought it was a pretty good game. Didn't watch the half time show. Heard it was a mess.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Glad I'm not part of the problem 😀.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Who paid to watch the game?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Don't know if it has been said...but they broadcast the superbowl to troops overseas...are they the enemy?

Where does that fit into this theory?

What theory? Just a bunch of emotional clams spouting clam juice.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 22magnut, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,797
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.