Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Most here know where I satnd on the "judenfrage" but to keep harping on the issue the holocause did not happen, is stupidity beyond all logic.
That's a misstatement of the issue. The problem is that there's an orthodoxy about what happened under the rubric "The Holocaust," which must never be deviated from in the smallest detail or one is labeled an antisemite. This orthodoxy is enforced with a fervor that would put the Spanish Inquisitors to shame, facts to the contrary be damned. That's not how the study of history is supposed to work. It's not the Western way of things, but is more akin to what went on during and following the various communist revolutions.

The Spanish Inquisition was a joke. What something like 300 people over a couple of centuries that were killed. If the Holocaust would have been done by anybody but the GERMANS, you might have a point, but knowing them, they accounted for every death and with meticulous records.. It happened..

Tell me your a papist without telling me your a papist lol

Tell us you're a snake handler without telling us you're a snake handler haha.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It happened..
That begs the question.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Most here know where I satnd on the "judenfrage" but to keep harping on the issue the holocause did not happen, is stupidity beyond all logic.
That's a misstatement of the issue. The problem is that there's an orthodoxy about what happened under the rubric "The Holocaust," which must never be deviated from in the smallest detail or one is labeled an antisemite. This orthodoxy is enforced with a fervor that would put the Spanish Inquisitors to shame, facts to the contrary be damned. That's not how the study of history is supposed to work. It's not the Western way of things, but is more akin to what went on during and following the various communist revolutions.

The Spanish Inquisition was a joke. What something like 300 people over a couple of centuries that were killed. If the Holocaust would have been done by anybody but the GERMANS, you might have a point, but knowing them, they accounted for every death and with meticulous records.. It happened..

Tell me your a papist without telling me your a papist lol

Tell us you're a snake handler without telling us you're a snake handler haha.

I subscribe to religion being the opium of the masses. I have no clue what that snake handling s hit means...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It happened..
That begs the question.

No worries, you still retain Emeritus status...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It happened..
That begs the question.

You might be the last of that crowd remaining here at the Fire. I bet you really miss SteveNo et al.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
From my perspective, the 10/07/23 attack on Israel is analogous to the 12/07/41 Japanese attack on us.

Israel was attacked, we were attacked.

Israel is bombing cities in a war that they didn't start and enemy civilian are dying. We bombed Japanese cities and killed enemy civilians right up until the Japanese surrendered unconditionally in a war that we didn't start.

The Palestinians are reaping what they've sown just like the Japanese did.

The Egyptians could allow Gazan civilians to cross into the Sinai to keep them safe from Israeli bombs and artillery, but they have chosen not to.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
The Egyptians could allow Gazan civilians to cross into the Sinai to keep them safe from Israeli bombs and artillery, but they have chosen not to.
Everywhere they go they cause serious problems for their host country. Kuwait kicked them out, Lebanon kicked them out, Jordan expelled a bunch after they attempted a coup, Egypt won't have them. Syria's Assad backed Hamas and then they double crossed him.

Those people are a problem. It seems they want to take over a place and kill their hosts. Every time.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
From my perspective, the 10/07/23 attack on Israel is analogous to the 12/07/41 Japanese attack on us.

Israel is bombing cities in a war that they didn't start and enemy civilian are dying. We bombed Japanese cities and killed enemy civilians right up until the Japanese surrendered unconditionally in a war that we didn't start.

interesting analogy but ironically, Israel's creation due to WWII.

Imagine Japan's resolution had we pushed them into a corner of their nation and limited their access to Tokyo, and everyone just says they start everything

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Everywhere they go they cause serious problems for their host country. Kuwait kicked them out, Lebanon kicked them out, Jordan expelled a bunch after they attempted a coup, Egypt won't have them. Syria's Assad backed Hamas and then they double crossed him.

Those people are a problem. It seems they want to take over a place and kill their hosts. Every time.

of course Jews have no history of being expelled from host countries

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA

I guess you have a point but the reasons are different.

The Jews incur a lot of jealousy as does any successful distinct minority. That same thing has happened to East Indians in Africa and ethnic Chinese in Malaysia and Indonesia. It is hard to see an outsider smarter and more industrious succeeding where you fail.

It has happened on our sea coasts where the Vietnamese have moved in and taken over commercial fishing. Causes a lot of angst among the natives.

The Jews have a history of succeeding in finance and as middlemen brokers in a variety of endeavors. It is easy to hate someone different from you if he holds the mortgage and can evict you or cut off your credit.

Hebrew Roots Judaizer
IC B3

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I guess you have a point but the reasons are different.

The Jews incur a lot of jealousy as does any successful distinct minority. That same thing has happened to East Indians in Africa and ethnic Chinese in Malaysia and Indonesia. It is hard to see an outsider smarter and more industrious succeeding where you fail.

It has happened on our sea coasts where the Vietnamese have moved in and taken over commercial fishing. Causes a lot of angst among the natives.

The Jews have a history of succeeding in finance and as middlemen brokers in a variety of endeavors. It is easy to hate someone different from you if he holds the mortgage and can evict you or cut off your credit.

you gotta be doing something to be specifically mentioned in the foundation of modern law (magna carta)

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

interesting analogy but ironically, Israel's creation due to WWII.

Imagine Japan's resolution had we pushed them into a corner of their nation and limited their access to Tokyo, and everyone just says they start everything

The British promised the Jews a homeland in Palestine via the Balfour Declaration of 11/02/1917.

The British promised the Arab subjects of the Ottoman Empire the right of self-determination if they would rise up and help the British fight the Ottomans in the Middle East during WW1, but they were vague promises that gave the British a great deal of flexibility in how they chose to interpret those promises. The correspondence between British LTC Sir Henry McMahon and Hussein bin Ali, Sharif of Mecca, gave vague promises to the Arabs that where in direct conflict to the Sykes-Picot Agreement between British and France on 01/03/1916 which outlined how they would divide the Ottoman Empire once it was defeated.

When the League of Nations gave the British mandate authority, that gave them the authority to divide Palestine into two independent states, one Arab and one Jewish. How they chose to do so, or not do so, led to the on-going conflict. They had Solomon like power to divide Palestine, but not Solomon like wisdom to just do it and get it over with.

When the Allies defeated Japan in 1945 the Supreme Commander, General of the Army Douglas McArthur, had Solomon like power to force dramatic changes into Japanese society, but that is, at least from my POV, very significantly different from the conflicting promises that the British made to the Arabs and the Jews to get their support during WW1.

The Israelis accepted the partition of Palestine that was outlined via UN Resolution 181 in 1947, but the Arabs rejected it. The Arabs are still rejecting Israel and probably will forever. Maybe the British should have given the Jews one of their African colonies, maybe Kenya or Uganda.

The Gazans can have a cease fire just as soon as they release the Israeli hostages. They are lucky that the Israelis aren't willing to write off the hostages and just bomb Gaza flat. Israel has thermobaric bombs that could destroy everything that Hamas has in Gaza. No matter how bad things are for the Gazans today, the employment of thermobaric bombs would make things much worse, much more death and much more destruction.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

You're so ignorant on every topic you try to use to excuse barbaric behavior, out of all proportion to Oct.7. The wanton slaughter of unarmed civilians in continuous, indiscriminate bombing and shelling is genocide, not war. The ICJ confirmed it and demanded Israel stop. What is particularly disgusting in attitudes you espouse isn't the gross ignorance itself. It is the blood lust, the joyful glee you cold hearted bastards celebrate when 37,000 innocent and helpless human beings are savagely murdered - with US weapons, money and political cover. It is a heinous crime and you are a vile idiot for cheering it on.

Last edited by Crash_Pad; 03/04/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
You're so ignorant on every topic you try to use to excuse barbaric behavior, out of all proportion to Oct.7. The wanton slaughter of unarmed civilians in continuous, indiscriminate bombing and shelling is genocide, not war. The ICJ confirmed it and demanded Israel stop. What is particularly disgusting in attitudes you espouse isn't the gross ignorance itself. It is the blood lust, the joyful glee you cold hearted bastards celebrate when 37,000 innocent and helpless human beings are savagely murdered - with US weapons, money and political cover. It is a heinous crime and you are a vile idiot for cheering it on.
Has the ICJ made any demands on the Gazans? Maybe turn over the attackers or kill them? Maybe give up those hostages? Maybe turn over anyone who has mistreated the hostages they brutally kidnapped?

I haven't heard anything about it if they have, but I don't keep up with that feckless organization.

Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do certain things not smell right to others ~ like how or why those who flat out detest Jesus can ‘still’ be divinely cherished…?

Or is the truth of the matter that ALL who follow Jesus are “God’s chosen people”…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't believe there are many at all that detest Jesus. Many even in religions that have not much relation to Judaism revere Jesus and his teachings. It is the "Christians" that a lot of folks worldwide are leery off. Christianity of the organized variety has a very bad history of bloody war and even murderous within the different factions in its own ranks.

Right now the USA which claims to be majority Christian is making war on Russia a nation that claims to be Christian in defense of a nation that has reportedly outlawed at least some of the Christians inside its borders.

Jews that I know don't detest Jesus and some accept that what he claimed was true.

Hebrew Roots Judaizer
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Gazans can have a cease fire just as soon as they release the Israeli hostages. They are lucky that the Israelis aren't willing to write off the hostages and just bomb Gaza flat. Israel has thermobaric bombs that could destroy everything that Hamas has in Gaza. No matter how bad things are for the Gazans today, the employment of thermobaric bombs would make things much worse, much more death and much more destruction.

yea, they sound lucky

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter

yea, they sound lucky
Lol, right? I like how the idf just killed 3 hostages that they were supposed to be saving. Video shows them begging the idf and telling them to save them and boom, gun fire. All dead

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Jews that I know don't detest Jesus and some accept that what he claimed was true.
I cannot imagine a person more deceived.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It happened..
That begs the question.

You might be the last of that crowd remaining here at the Fire. I bet you really miss SteveNo et al.

Don't know about "et al" but as to Steve, yes.

Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 71 invisible), 3,027 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,617
Posts18,532,974
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.