GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Ya you would like that wouldn't you hahaha

Put up or be a liar.

Simple

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Ya you would like that wouldn't you hahaha

Put up or be a liar.

Simple

Oh I apologize if I've given you the impression I give a fùck about your opinion of anything lol

Shouldn't you be riding your favorite drunk's coat tails?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A little more perspective for the board.

I saw a friend at the gym an hour ago. He’s strong as fuqk. He was doing sraight legged deadlifts with 405 for reps.

Talked to him and said how frigging ridiculous that was and that he was an animal

He has been competing in Powerlifting. He won the World Championship in Alabama in the deadlift for his weight and age group with a pull of 675.

He always wins our State title every year easily

I asked what his max on the squat rack is and it is 500 pounds

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
In what weight class? 115lbs? Lol

I literally just provided you a screenshot from the Texas hs powerlifting association's website. 500lb squat is not some unobtainable thing (which is how you're making it seem). It's actually quite attainable, maybe not for little ricky and his manlet friends

I don't give a fùck. I don't believe your long range bullshìt (or reallyyour alleged prowessat everything) , you don't believe me. I don't care. This is why you're going to die alone ricky, because you're a miserable prick. Is that why you're so insufferable? Because you have nobody in your life that actually cares about you or even likes you?

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/07/24.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I literally just provided you a screenshot from the Texas hs powerlifting association's website. 500lb squat is not some unobtainable thing (which is how you're making it seem). It's actually quite attainable, maybe not for little ricky and his manlet friends

I don't give a fùck. I don't believe your long range bullshìt (or reallyyour alleged prowessat everything) , you don't believe me. I don't care. This is why you're going to die alone ricky, because you're a miserable prick. Is that why you're so insufferable? Because you have nobody in your life that actually cares about you or even likes you?

Keep lying on the internet jackie

That’s all you’ve got

🤣🤣😂😂

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Keep lying on the internet jackie

That’s all you’ve got

🤣🤣😂😂

No. I have a family, that I love and that love me. You have nobody. Fùcking weak little bìtch loser lol....no wonder you suck up to burns...two losers in a pod.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/07/24.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This thread is really, really epic. Almost as epic as some of the optics forum threads.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Good for you to jump in Smokepole. Just got back from Anchorage where I was coaching my mock trial team this last week. Just curious if you ever wondered who cut the trails that you used with Tanner on your backcountry sheep hunt in the Chugach?. You know from where you guys parked and then went on some atv trails and then went up the side of the mountains on that switch back trail. I wonder who cut that out in the 1980s? Did you ever think about that? Its an ATV trail now but much of that was because I worked with Norris Nims to open up the WAMCATS trail out of high school.

I won't begrudge you. You earn your sheep when you go in there. I can tell you that I have never hunted whitetail deer or Elk. I remember that several of you guys went to me about Steve Johnson and I told you he was legit. It is sad that he died of a heart attack this year. He did a lot to take a lot of hunters in there.

I will figure somebody to video me. It is a bit strange for me and I appreciate Manzo defending me. I really could care less. I know what I lift and what I do. I don't need your approval. I do know that I am not a skinny little endurance athlete. Never have been. I can also tell you that my friends and people know me and I don't have to qualify myself to anybody. I have taken 5 dall rams with the biggest being 39 7/8ths. I do not have the time that folks in other careers do. It is just the way it is. I will have more time now. I wish you all well. and I will do some video for you even if I think its a bit strange.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Good for you to jump in Smokepole. Just got back from Anchorage where I was coaching my mock trial team this last week. Just curious if you ever wondered who cut the trails that you used with Tanner on your backcountry sheep hunt in the Chugach?. You know from where you guys parked and then went on some atv trails and then went up the side of the mountains on that switch back trail. I wonder who cut that out in the 1980s? Did you ever think about that? Its an ATV trail now but much of that was because I worked with Norris Nims to open up the WAMCATS trail out of high school.

I won't begrudge you. You earn your sheep when you go in there. I can tell you that I have never hunted whitetail deer or Elk. I remember that several of you guys went to me about Steve Johnson and I told you he was legit. It is sad that he died of a heart attack this year. He did a lot to take a lot of hunters in there.

I will figure somebody to video me. It is a bit strange for me and I appreciate Manzo defending me. I really could care less. I know what I lift and what I do. I don't need your approval. I do know that I am not a skinny little endurance athlete. Never have been. I can also tell you that my friends and people know me and I don't have to qualify myself to anybody. I have taken 5 dall rams with the biggest being 39 7/8ths. I do not have the time that folks in other careers do. It is just the way it is. I will have more time now. I wish you all well. and I will do some video for you even if I think its a bit strange.

Ahh, a couple things. First, not sure why you're replying to me because I never questioned what you said you did, or what Jackson Handy says he did. Or what formidilosus said he did on the thread that was brought up. Maybe you took my remarks to Battue as being directed at you? They were not. I've been in the gym and seen guys lift truly impressive amounts of weight, including guys who didn't appear to be abnormally strong, and weren't that big. I saw my sheep guide who weighed 145 soaking wet put on a pack that was well over 100 and go straight up the hill 3,000 vertical and leave me in the dust. I am comfortable with the concept that there are guys out there who can do things I could never dream of. It doesn't bother me and I don't question it because either: 1) they can do what they say, or 2) they can't do what they say and if they can't, I don't feel the need to challenge them on it because it's not important to me.

Second, you assume a lot about my one sheep hunt, and you got almost all of it wrong. I didn't hunt with Tanner, and I didn't walk in on any trails, particularly ATV trails. My guide and I hiked in from the river on the other side of the TCU area and if you cut the "trails" we were hiked in on you need to go back to trail-building school because the "trails" were non-existent. And I don't believe I asked you about Steve Johnson, I just asked Tanner. Sorry to hear hear he had a heart attack, I liked the guy.

Last, my comment about the thread being epic had nothing to do with any reports that you or anybody else made on your accomplishments. My comment was about the pissing contest this thread turned out to be. Which is a shame because the backpacking forum used to be devoid of that kind of bullsh*t.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Very interesting, you guys went in from that side. There are trails in that goes up the Urantina, up the Haley and up Fox Creek that cut across that side. You have to get up on that ridge from Haley and run the lip. Did you guys find the hobbit house(built by a prospector that still has an old rusted Remington Rolling block rifle in it) that is south of the Urantina Ridgeline or did you just gut it up Cirque Creek and be done with it.

Guy George cut horse trails up those creeks. He was guiding in that area in the 1950s and 1960s. You need to find pine trees that are planted up the hanging valleys and then hang on the right side of each valley. You can still find those old horse trails if you look.

Last edited by kaboku68; 04/08/24.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We didn't see the Hobbit house and didn't go up the Uranatina or Haley Creek, we went straight up the ridge between the two. There was sort of a path the guides had gone up a few times but it was faint enough that we had trouble staying on it and it was bushwacking through devils club and other thick stuff until we broke out above it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
This thread is really, really epic. Almost as epic as some of the optics forum threads.

This thread was great all of 2023. 2024 it fell apart.

I will say I went into 2023 hunting season in great shape. Had zero issues on the mountain.

2024 will be the same, although this year I'm focusing on deer (unless I draw another good bull tag). Was looking forward to trying the unlimiteds (took a scouting trip last summer), but my hunting partner fell through for that one.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/08/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last, my comment about the thread being epic had nothing to do with any reports that you or anybody else made on your accomplishments. My comment was about the pissing contest this thread turned out to be. Which is a shame because the backpacking forum used to be devoid of that kind of bullsh*t.

I really don’t like being lied to. I won’t tolerate it and I don’t care which forum it’s on.

If someone makes claims like have been posted here that competitive powerlifters would be proud of, and someone questions them, they better be able to back it up with evidence or just accept the fact that the BS flag will fly.

If they back it up, I’ll be the first to congratulate them!

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

I really don’t like being lied to. I won’t tolerate it and I don’t care which forum it’s on.

If someone makes claims like have been posted here that competitive powerlifters would be proud of, and someone questions them, they better be able to back it up with evidence or just accept the fact that the BS flag will fly.

You are fùcking clueless if you think a 500lb squat is something "competitive powerlifters would be proud of". It's not that big of a deal.

In fact I asked a buddy I went to college with who is now a teacher/coach (football and powerlifting) in texas how many kids he has had squat 500 or more in his 7yrs of coaching (4a, 3a, and 2a high schools), he's had NINE high school boys squat over 500 and ONE squat over 600. Just because you are clueless doesn't mean something is impossible.

I played football college (albeit a D3 university, but very competitive) as an offensive lineman (ie a large human). Just about all of us were squatting over 500 and benching over 300. Hang clean was a weak lift for me at 275, due to lack of flexibility in my ankles. My numbers were EXTREMELY average. Nothing to brag about

(Ps I repped out 315 today in the squat rack....be outraged lol)

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/08/24.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You'd be the first to congratulate them??

I'm sure they'd be thrilled beyond belief.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You are fùcking clueless if you think a 500lb squat is something "competitive powerlifters would be proud of". It's not that big of a deal.

In fact I asked a buddy I went to college with who is now a teacher/coach (football and powerlifting) in texas how many kids he has had squat 500 or more in his 7yrs of coaching (4a, 3a, and 2a high schools), he's had NINE high school boys squat over 500 and ONE squat over 600. Just because you are clueless doesn't mean something is impossible.

I played football college (albeit a D3 university, but very competitive) as an offensive lineman (ie a large human). Just about all of us were squatting over 500 and benching over 300. Hang clean was a weak lift for me at 275, due to lack of flexibility in my ankles. My numbers were EXTREMELY average. Nothing to brag about

It’s probably average for high school and college athletes who are complete roid freaks.

No way that’s happening natural.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

It’s probably average for high school and college athletes who are complete roid freaks.

No way that’s happening natural.

You are clueless and it shows.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These numbers land you in the top 1% of humanity
For a natural lifter

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Certainly not average

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The United States Natural powerlifting bench press record was set in 2017 in the 24 year old age and up to 220 pound weight class by Robert Sisma from OH and is 439 pounds

Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,830
Posts18,477,961
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.