S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I haven't purchased a gun in years so does that mean I can sell whatever I want without worrying about these new restrictions?

No.
Lets say Gavin win's in 2024 and gun prices shoot through the roof, so you decide to take advantage of the high prices and get rid of a few things you no longer shoot. Since the timing was motivate by pecuniary gain you could still be considered "in the business".

So if I decide I'd like to sell a gun (or multiple guns) I've purchased years ago and list it on a Gunbroker auction for a penny and it sells for more than I paid for it (like a lot of other things with this BS inflation), I could be considered "in the business"? How is this any different than selling any other type of items you may have collected over the years?

It doesn't have to sell for more than what you paid for it to get [bleep] over by this crap.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I haven't purchased a gun in years so does that mean I can sell whatever I want without worrying about these new restrictions?

No.
Lets say Gavin win's in 2024 and gun prices shoot through the roof, so you decide to take advantage of the high prices and get rid of a few things you no longer shoot. Since the timing was motivate by pecuniary gain you could still be considered "in the business".

So if I decide I'd like to sell a gun (or multiple guns) I've purchased years ago and list it on a Gunbroker auction for a penny and it sells for more than I paid for it (like a lot of other things with this BS inflation), I could be considered "in the business"? How is this any different than selling any other type of items you may have collected over the years?

You can loose money and still be considered "in the business". A profit isn't necessary, just a motive of pecuniary gain.

Here's another great trap they've set. If at anytime your revenue from firearms sales exceeds your income, you're "in the business".

So, you're retired just collecting 1500 a month in social security, and sell two guns in one month for $1000 each. Guess what, you're presumed to be "in the business".

Loose your job, sell a couple of guns, same thing.

Keep in mind, one of the stated goal of the Safer Communities Act was to plug the alleged Gun Show and Private Sales "loopholes".

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/16/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

No.

So if I decide I'd like to sell a gun (or multiple guns) I've purchased years ago and list it on a Gunbroker auction for a penny and it sells for more than I paid for it (like a lot of other
things with this BS inflation), I could be considered "in the business"? How is this any different than selling any other type of items you may have collected over the years?

Under those circumstances, you’ll be fine. The law specifically allows occasional sales or complete liquidation of a personal collection.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never sell the gun. Sell the case and throw the gun in as a gift and write up the bill of sale for the case.

Many years back when I lived in Va, some dealers used that approach to get around the then existing "blue laws" prohibiting Sunday sales. They sold $10,000 cabbages, and threw in a free car.

From memory, I think we could fish on Sundays, but not hunt.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/16/24.

1Minute
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

No.

You can loose money and still be considered "in the business". A profit isn't necessary, just a motive of pecuniary gain.

Here's another great trap they've set. If at anytime your revenue from firearms sales exceeds your income, you're "in the business".

So, you're retired just collecting 1500 a month in social security, and sell two guns in one month for $1000 each. Guess what, you're presumed to be "in the business".

Loose your job, sell a couple of guns, same thing.

Keep in mind, one of the stated goal of the Safer Communities Act was to plug the alleged Gun Show and Private Sales "loopholes".

For those that Scream about shutting down the Government ..

Hahahaha Hahahaha

License to Kill has been Issued..

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The first person charged under that regulation for anything other than an egregious offense will challenge it up to the Supreme Court where it will be overturned. The regulation is far too vague.

More like the first person with really, really, really deep pockets. Most people could never afford such justice, much less devote the many years necessary to pursuing the case.

It's the kind of case GOA would take on. Thinking a Bruen type case.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

“Bryan Malinowski was asleep but rose to the sound of the door crashing and located a firearm. His wife believed the noise must have been intruders and she fully believes her husband thought the same. He loaded a magazine into a pistol and emerged from the master bedroom into a hallway leading indirectly to the front entryway. He reached a corner in the hall and looked around it to see several unidentifiable figures already several steps inside his home,” Malinowski’s family said in the statement. “We do not know who shot first but it appears that Bryan shot approximately three times at a decidedly low angle, probably at the feet of the intruders who were roughly 30 feet away.”

What a genuine chit show...

FUGG THE ATF...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by WMR

No.

So if I decide I'd like to sell a gun (or multiple guns) I've purchased years ago and list it on a Gunbroker auction for a penny and it sells for more than I paid for it (like a lot of other
things with this BS inflation), I could be considered "in the business"? How is this any different than selling any other type of items you may have collected over the years?

Under those circumstances, you’ll be fine. The law specifically allows occasional sales or complete liquidation of a personal collection.

It's not a law.

It's a Constitutional infringement as well, period.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
What I meant was that Federal law specifically protects the activity he’s asking about. That has not changed.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
What a genuine chit show...

Not from the ATF's perspective, that went exactly how they wanted it to go.

They've never clearly defined many of their rules specifically so they can do exactly what they did here and they've done it numerous times over many years. This latest re-definition is just more of the same.

Every single person who works for the ATF knows what they do. All of them. They extrajudicially kill US Citizens to ratify their authority. They kill children. They kill a whole lot of dogs. Etc etc. All of the people who work for them know what they do and they support that mission.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The irony of our govt having an agency to infringe the hell out of what our Constitution says "shall not be infringed"....

How stupid is THAT?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by WMR
What I meant was that Federal law specifically protects the activity he’s asking about. That has not changed.

You're a lot more trusting in our FED.GOV than the rest of us. I don't trust them any further than I would an angry mamba in a phone booth with me.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by WMR

You're a lot more trusting in our FED.GOV than the rest of us. I don't trust them any further than I would an angry mamba in a phone booth with me.

Trust in DOJ? No way. This is a bad law, done for political purposes, and will be used to intimidate law abiding gun owners. EVERYONE knows it will not make any community safer. I just don't think that hyperbole is helpful. The facts are bad enough.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Is there a list of all the Republicans who voted for this? They really need to be made to pay the political penalty.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Is there a list of all the Republicans who voted for this? They really need to be made to pay the political penalty.
I was not aware there was any kind of a Congressional vote on this. I thought the ATF just redefined what a dealer was...
which is also totally illegal..

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ldholton
I was not aware there was any kind of a Congressional vote on this. I thought the ATF just redefined what a dealer was...
The ATF claims they are merely responding to a new bipartisan law passed by Congress designed to "close the gun show loophole."

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
The ATF claims they are merely responding to a new bipartisan law passed by Congress designed to "close the gun show loophole."
okay maybe there was I was unaware of it. not that it makes it any better. but it does actually make one less arguing point in court to get rid of it..

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
okay maybe there was I was unaware of it. not that it makes it any better. but it does actually make one less arguing point in court to get rid of it..

That is this: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/2938/text

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Stickfight

That is this: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/2938/text
it looks like Marco Rubio damaged his career quite a bit

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The first person charged under that regulation for anything other than an egregious offense will challenge it up to the Supreme Court where it will be overturned. The regulation is far too vague.

More like the first person with really, really, really deep pockets. Most people could never afford such justice, much less devote the many years necessary to pursuing the case.

The NRA will pick up that tab....But most here think they are useless.

A guy here was trying to shut down a local club...The NRA had their lawyers give them advice and support ant it went away. Another useless example.

Last edited by battue; 04/17/24.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1234, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,011
Posts18,481,517
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.