-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 35 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 34 35
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well now we know what McCain meant yesterday in his Obama congratulatory ad when he said "tomorrow it's back to business as usual". He had a bit of a surprise for Ole Obama. ROFL

Sassy

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
well she has two boys, so we know she has some patients.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slymule
Bristoe YOUR WRONG - JUST ADMIT IT!!!!

Bristoe isn't going to admit anything. He has feel on his face in this thread so many times he looks like a pug.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It'll be hard to attack her, but the issue with me is 'what if' we lose McCain......that's all I'm saying. It's a huge chance.

All American

All the time
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm more concerned if McCain looses, it is even worse thinking about the other pair in there.......ymmv

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A bigger question to worry about is 'what if we lose to Obama'. Now that worried me big time until today. Now I don't see it happening.

Sassy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't disagree with that, O is a disaster, but McCain had this won......before Palin.

It's awesome we trumped the dims, but she's still several pay grades up from newly elected state government to world issues......

All American

All the time
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good speech. Time to pull out the checkbook. I hope she studies foreign affairs in her spare time like SteveNO so she won't be starting from scratch. The Biden debate will be important. If she can nail it, it will be a rout in November.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I wonder what they will now do with all of the bumper stickers "McCain. He sucks less?"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hillary will be buying them to pass out to all her friends.

Sassy

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now, everyone is saying "O'bama who?" Last night, no one would have thought John McCain could have knocked O'bama off the stage so quickly. This was a masterful stroke, a chess move of the highest order. Last night McCain broadcast an advertisement that showed respect for O'bama on his night, while preparing to knock him out the next morning. His statement "tomorrow it's back to business as usual" set up a huge tidal swing. In return, O'bama's campaign only expresses disparagement toward Palin for coming from a small Alaska town. Pathetic.

As the days go by, Palin's credentials will emerge to make her a great choice for VP, with very wide appeal. Look for a post-convention bounce for McCain that O'bama was dreaming of.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hell, I'm hoping he strokes out the first week after he takes the oath and is to disabled to stay in office. We can all only hope!

This country needs a Palin for the Presidency, we're all tired of the same old money grubbing lying politicians that have spent their whole life sucking on the government's teat.

Steelhead - WHERE'S THOSE BUMPER STICKERS!!!!!!!!! I WANT 3 - ONE FOR EACH OF MY TRUCKS, AND THE NEW WIFE WANTS ONE FOR HER SUBURBAN!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Stan V
Randy, Alaska gov ain't the world stage.......

You little states are so cute........

[Linked Image]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Population does matter, Moose, Bears, Caribou etc. don't vote. Nor does AK have the issues that the larger populated states do. That's great from a resident's view, but from a political experience view, her bag of tools, isn't as experienced as it would be in a more populated state. She's got to be thinking fifty states, and the world, versus one state.

I am glad of the decision, but she's got alot to learn. The duty of the VP is the Pres. of Congress. I do feel she's up to the challenge to learn, and us Republican's are proud of the choice.

I am going to go out this afternoon and do alittle politicing. I am a Poll Cpt. in my voting district, there isn't many of us Repub's in a Dem. controlled county. Even the "Yellow Dogs" aren't that big on Obammy, it might be different this year.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I delayed a trip to the range to hear her speak. I was impressed!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The Alaska folks liked her running their state. So, I am fine with her running my country. If they like her then that is good enough for me.

I have found that the general Alaskan's values align pretty well with mine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She certainly sounds conservative.....that in itself is refreshing. She must have connections in Texas, or dated a Texan once.....and is hoping to make her way back to D.C. before all the Texans leave. grin!

All American

All the time
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Oh, one more thing. Her so called "lack of experience" is a plus for me. I'm none too impressed with the ones running the show that have a lot of experience.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hire folks for a living.

I've long said give me someone of character, they can be taught what they need to know. character is a hard thing to teach, I've no doubt Obama is a smart man, but I don't believe I could teach him what he needs to know in a lifetime. YMMV

imagine she'd be the first to admit she's got a huge learning curve
ahead of her, but from what I've seen so far, she's a girl willing to do her homework.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Nothing against Palin,...but I don't think she'll make a difference in the voting.

McCain is obviously nominating a woman in order to siphon the disgruntled Hillary voters over to his camp, but she's not the type that will appeal to those.

Basically, she's window dressing,...and will only appeal to those who are already McCain supporters.

McCain broke even with his pick instead of gaining an edge.

Bristoe: Your political situational awareness is on par with your class; a total void. Nothing against Palin? we can add disingenous to your repertoire as well. You must enjoy being wrong so often...jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Steelhead
She was picked so they could win, imagine that. Kind of like lawyers actually making money, will the wonders never end.

I better make more money now that another fairly prominent Alaskan is coming to DC to elevate his sophistication and stature.

I'm guessin',I'm gonna be seeing a huge influx of Alaskan social climbers coming to my neighborhood in the near future!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 10 of 35 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,516
Posts18,509,564
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.