-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 35 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 34 35
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was gonna vote for Mickey Mouse! Now I will vote for McCain/Palin.
I started druelling and my wife asked me if I wanted a VPILF sticker.
Not only is she easy on the eyes, but looking at her bio on that wikipedia thing, I like where she stands.

My wife asked what I wanted in a POTUS and VP, here's what I said:
Someone who cares about the Vets and can handle the war
Someone who believes Marriage is between a man and a woman, but is open minded
Someone who believes a womans right is important, but a childs life/right is more important
Someone who is gonna look after us middle class, and do right by us
Someone who understands no matter how alternative we get with energy, we will still need oil.
Someone who is not affraid to take on big business
Someone who is not affraid to say God or Jesus and believes what I do
Some who cares about my right as an American to carry and own a firearms.
Someone who is not affraid to go across the isle and get things done.

McCain met some of those, but Palin accordind to her bio meets the ones he don't.

I am in love and energized once again about the election. And to top it off, if McCain wins, she'll spoil it for Hillary and Osama.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wonder why we haven't heard from our teenage Obammy supporter....GPA? He must be in the basement crying over his sippy cup of milk.

GO PALIN!!!!!!

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
VPILF.... TFF!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK, I'll bite. What's VPILF? I know it's gonna be crude but I just have to know ...

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Much about leadership is allowing those around you to succeed. Setting them up for success and allowing them to be empowered. When the time comes for tough decisions the leader makes them but the leader is also surrounded with good people. They are in a position to pick the people around them, the people that will make daily decisions, that will lead.

I'm in a position where I not only enforce policy, I create policy. I haven't had the opportunity to pick the folks that work for me, but I have allowed them to succeed. You want people around you that will make decisions and they will make these decisions knowing you are behind them 100%. We, as a unit, have achieved some wonderful records and it isn't me, it's the wonderful men in my charge that have done it all. I ensure they have what they need to accomplish their job and buffer them the massive amount of 'stuff' that comes along.

I'm fortunate to have had these men in my charge, I can only imagine how much success someone (the President of instances) can have when they are allowed to PICK the people around them. Of course not all people in leadership positions are leaders and it's their inability to pick correctly and foster those in their charge is what frightens me (Obama for instance).

It's fun watching people with no leadership abilities discuss picking a leader, it's scary watching a person with no leadership qualities in a position of leadership.

Very well said and 100% on the mark. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
McCain just sewed up my vote with his nomination for VP. I absolutely hated this November's choices up until now.

Is it Friday yet?
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by fish30ought6
OK, I'll bite. What's VPILF? I know it's gonna be crude but I just have to know ...

Vice
President
I'd
Like to
F@#$

It is crude, but funny.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
jorge
"Try again Ace. I'm no AF "jet jockey" and with all due deference to my USAF brethren,they're a hell of a lot more impressive than whatever the [bleep] you do..."

Should have been more clear on that statement... Arrogant airplane drivers impress me none and only gave an example of the many I have had contact with and seen operate outside their narrow glass-driven arcade game.

I should have realized your true motivation for hating the "shallow water navy." Guessing their drug interdiction program bothers you none... Hmmmmm.

Your lack of knowledge or respect for my experiences and results neither surprises nor concerns me.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When she (Palin) became Guv I put her picture on the wall along with Stevens' and Young's etc. It was kind of a surprise to see the teenage boys oggle the pic and actually give nice comments.

But for all her physical attractions, it is a very refreshing surprise to hear what she says when she opens her mouth. She is definitely not an airhead. She is quite on the ball and will make, I think, a good running mate for McC. (I'd sure rather have inexperience in the #2 seat rather than the #1. And that does not mean that her relative inexperience in "big" politics is as huge an issue as is Obies')

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm beginning to like this McCain guy.

Weiners are health food - My dad
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll take it!

grin

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
I'll be praying up a storm for McCain/Palin to crush the Commies this fall. We need to put an end to these hate American liberal radicals that have been screwing this country for decades. Seems like the Dems enjoy running America's worst for the top spot.

jorge,

Go easy on Bristoe or you will hamper his recovery back to sanity. LOL!

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great VP choice. Brilliant timing. Totaly hot, smart, athletic, classy lady.

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Much about leadership is allowing those around you to succeed. Setting them up for success and allowing them to be empowered. When the time comes for tough decisions the leader makes them but the leader is also surrounded with good people. They are in a position to pick the people around them, the people that will make daily decisions, that will lead.

I'm in a position where I not only enforce policy, I create policy. I haven't had the opportunity to pick the folks that work for me, but I have allowed them to succeed. You want people around you that will make decisions and they will make these decisions knowing you are behind them 100%. We, as a unit, have achieved some wonderful records and it isn't me, it's the wonderful men in my charge that have done it all. I ensure they have what they need to accomplish their job and buffer them the massive amount of 'stuff' that comes along.

I'm fortunate to have had these men in my charge, I can only imagine how much success someone (the President of instances) can have when they are allowed to PICK the people around them. Of course not all people in leadership positions are leaders and it's their inability to pick correctly and foster those in their charge is what frightens me (Obama for instance).

It's fun watching people with no leadership abilities discuss picking a leader, it's scary watching a person with no leadership qualities in a position of leadership.

That is the fact in a nutshell. Good people coupled with Palin's moral compass will have us in good hands should McCain succumb to age and Sarah has to take over the reigns. If only I was as well written as Steelhead(grin)

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Like Sarah, I'm not just a pretty face.....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is it just me or does Palin kinda look like the character Elaine from Seinfeld???

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinHowinhell could Jorge hamper Bristoe's return to sanity when he was never IN such a state grin grin I also get the immpression that today Bristoe is GENUINELY mad. Usually he has a flip comment to make but he made one that is a very angry one. No guidance from anyone forthcoming for him I suppose. grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
VPILF.... TFF!!!!

LOL! smile smile smile

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If she's for drilling in ANWAR I can't wait to hear that debate!

Good move. She's more appealing than McCain himself (in more ways than one). I was afraid he'd go Romney or some of the many 'crats (like Biden) that both parties have.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You've no doubt heard of a MILF (Mother I'd Like to . . .), Well Palin is going to be the VP . . . You fill in the rest. Yes, rude and crude, but . . .

That aside (and off the point) . . . I have been reading what I can about her since her introduction as the VP nominee, and so far I like what I have read. She fills some voids in Mc's profile and she's an NRA Life member to boot. Can't do any better than a woman who likes, and knows how to use, guns. Emily Proctor has been my "want to know better" (mostly because that's about all I can do anymore - want to) pretty face, now I think I'd like to get to know more about Sarah Palin (with all due respect to her husband, Todd). BTW - Happy anniversary to them, #20 today . . .

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Page 12 of 35 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,514
Posts18,509,439
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.