-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 35 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 34 35
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would call her a MILF, but I dont want to be disrespectful.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by m1fan
Didnt take long to update the webpage http://www.johnmccain.com/

Hit it with a donation and create a measurable bump! I did.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Yea, this time I had a feeling he was really pissed.

Dick
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Wow!
Where have you Alaskans been hiding this Palin?
She hunts, fishes, is conservative, pro-drilling, and quite easy on the eyes, to boot.

I can't wait for the Dummycrats to start whining about her 'lack of experience' - seems that is what their Presidential candidate has in spades.....

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think McCain just stole all the "change" out of Obama's pocket!

This woman exemplefies 'change' far more than Obambi does.
Young.
Female.
Not a Washington type.
NOT a politician.
Small business experience.
Not obliged to anybody.
She has actually RUN a government, rather than sat on the sidelines and critiqued every move by others.

Damned good choice, if she turns out to be half as good as her c.v. reads.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Wow!
Where have you Alaskans been hiding this Palin?
She hunts, fishes, is conservative, pro-drilling, and quite easy on the eyes, to boot.

I can't wait for the Dummycrats to start whining about her 'lack of experience' - seems that is what their Presidential candidate has in spades.....

What I can't wait for is film footage of the Secret Service following her around on her next moose or caribou hunt. laugh

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Foreign policy, we are bordered by Canada and Russia is just a stones throw away. She deals with both nations.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Plus DSMF's.........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Much about leadership is allowing those around you to succeed. Setting them up for success and allowing them to be empowered. When the time comes for tough decisions the leader makes them but the leader is also surrounded with good people. They are in a position to pick the people around them, the people that will make daily decisions, that will lead.

I'm in a position where I not only enforce policy, I create policy. I haven't had the opportunity to pick the folks that work for me, but I have allowed them to succeed. You want people around you that will make decisions and they will make these decisions knowing you are behind them 100%. We, as a unit, have achieved some wonderful records and it isn't me, it's the wonderful men in my charge that have done it all. I ensure they have what they need to accomplish their job and buffer them the massive amount of 'stuff' that comes along.

I'm fortunate to have had these men in my charge, I can only imagine how much success someone (the President of instances) can have when they are allowed to PICK the people around them. Of course not all people in leadership positions are leaders and it's their inability to pick correctly and foster those in their charge is what frightens me (Obama for instance).

It's fun watching people with no leadership abilities discuss picking a leader, it's scary watching a person with no leadership qualities in a position of leadership.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As i stated, McCain and his advisors made a good decision. She'll come up to speed in time. I do wish she had more experience, but you play the cards you were dealt. I wished it would of been a TN. Pres and a AK VP.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Like Sarah, I'm not just a pretty face.....

grin

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I want a yard sign like this:

MCCAIN
PALIN '08

grin

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think this is the greatest news I have heard since the entire election process started months ago.

Since MLK gave a speech using "I have a dream" all those many years ago, I think Obamma needs to start drafting a concession speech that is best titled "I Had A Nightmare and her name was Sarah Palin". I think with Palin on the ticket, the republicans will see the polls change drasticlly in their favor.

Rush Limbaugh is having a ball today on his show with this new development. I am loving it totally.

YES, I WILL VOTE REPUBLICAN.

The toughest thing about doing nothing is knowing when you are finished?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thinking of the VP matchup of Biden vs. Palin, I didn't think Biden was a good choice for O'bama, and I think he is even a worse choice now.

I think Biden was chosen in the expectation that McCain would pick Romney or Pawlenty because he could beat up on them. Palin's selection changes that equation considerably.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
jorge
"Try again Ace. I'm no AF "jet jockey" and with all due deference to my USAF brethren,they're a hell of a lot more impressive than whatever the [bleep] you do..."

Should have been more clear on that statement... Arrogant airplane drivers impress me none and only gave an example of the many I have had contact with and seen operate outside their narrow glass-driven arcade game.

I should have realized your true motivation for hating the "shallow water navy." Guessing their drug interdiction program bothers you none... Hmmmmm.

Your lack of knowledge or respect for my experiences and results neither surprises nor concerns me.
art

Art: Maybe you shouldn't have stuck your nose where it didn't belong. Steelhead gave me a shot and I shot back, but you felt compelled to come to his defense. Nowhere did I say I "hated" the USCG and it's also obvious you are in complete ignorance of the inter-service rivalries and quips we've traded throughout the centuries. I've logged hundreds of flight hours working with the USCG and CJTG4 doing drug interdiction. Your "glass arcade' comment speaks volumes to your stovepipe level of knowledge. I know what you do, and your lack of respect for my profession, experiences and accomplishments neither surprise nor concern me. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The new Bull Moose party:

MCCAIN
PALIN '08

Steve

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why do I keep hearing a line from the movie Forrest Gump in my head??

"Sorry I ruined your black panther party".

[Linked Image]

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm more than a bit enthusiastic about Palin's addition to the ticket. Well grounded, well spoken, well versed in the ways of government, outdoorswoman by all accounts, lifetime NRA member, a spark plug by all accounts, takes no BS from anyone, great family person even with all her duties and responsibilities,.........Biden can't look forward to their debate, but if so, I'd venture a guess she'll at least match his responses, tit for tat...............oops!.

Does she remind anyone else of Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live? Always liked her........

Good choice IMHO.....time will tell.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That McCain picked a strong conservative and a female to boot, speaks volumes of what he's thinking of while running this country. You can count on Supremes that know the constitution and you can count on Putin and the boys to know that the white house hasn't change that much with regard to dictators that want to start chit....in other words, 'don't start no chit, there won't be no chit.'

Palin has a lot to learn and may already have a jump start on most of it, surely Alaska gets the news?

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tbear99
she will be hands down best looking vp in history

I don't know, Burr was kinda cute grin
Ina John Edwards sort of way... grin

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Page 13 of 35 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (204guy, 12344mag, 257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 58 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,229
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.