-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 35 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 34 35
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From what I've been reading on another forum (one that is clearly more hostile to the Palin selection), the McCain campaign needs to create opportunities for Palin to talk about her experience in concrete terms -- something O'bama has done very little of.

She needs to bring up specific examples of how she fought corruption, how she made difficult choices, how she reformed government, how she opposed her own party, and how she governed despite her 'hotness.' (I'm sure she'll do a better job than I can.)

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sassy
Well now we know what McCain meant yesterday in his Obama congratulatory ad when he said "tomorrow it's back to business as usual". He had a bit of a surprise for Ole Obama. ROFL

Boy did he ever!! No wonder he was smiling as he was, he had his finger on the Bomb release button!! smirk

I been watching some of the Dem Female political annalists, they're studdering/stammering like their Granny-Panties are all bunched up! Miss-speaking their sentences like they're reading off a dyslexic teleprompter grin

They've even gone so far as to attack the music that was played when Governor Palin approached the podium. They referred to is the "Rocky" theme, when in actuality is was sound byte from the Movie "Rudy".
Here's the music. Crank up the volume on your speakers!
http://www.moviemusic.com/audio/rudy_10.mp3

Last edited by DesertSandman; 08/29/08.

[Linked Image]
Keep the Wind in your Face, Sun at your Back, & Silhouette in Shadows
Know guns, know peace, know safety
No guns, no peace, no safety

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I woke this morning with the fear that McCain had picked Lieberman. So glad that he threw us a bone instead of sticking us in the eye again. I'm back on board and will be happy to vote come November.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought Van Halen at the end was a nice touch.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Here is a Palin ad that features her firing an AR 15.... I'm guessing this is a first too.

http://michellemalkin.com/
The only thing I don't like about the ad is the voice of William Kristol giving high praise to Palin. Makes me think twice about her.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After hearing her speak I'm not so sure she was the best choice. Easy on the eyes, but hard on the ears. I realize this is very shallow of me, but damn her voice grates on me...

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
Why is it that when a woman is attractive, men just assume that she has nothing else to offer?

Becuse we stop thinking once we got to "HOT".

I'm surprised you ain't figured that out yet.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did I see someone compare a mom of 2 going back to college with Palin becoming the VP and having the same grind?

And as an aside, when ugly women are spouting off I generally look for a dim meeting.....and does it bother any of the females on this board that Palin was chosen to capture women voters, first and foremost?

All American

All the time
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Hawk, you just can't stand it can't you? He's a Naval Aviator, and a graduate from the USNA. I don't know what your bona-fides are, but I'll put McCain's up against yours anyday. jorge
Hey, I'm voting for the guy, and think he made a good VP pick. Hell, I'd ten times rather have her president than him. What's your problem? You a super McCainiac or something?

PS I measure a man's smarts more by where he stands on the important issues than by which schools he went to. YMMV.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by olywa
After hearing her speak I'm not so sure she was the best choice. Easy on the eyes, but hard on the ears. I realize this is very shallow of me, but damn her voice grates on me...

You had on the sound? whistle

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Interesting Penny; whats your thinking that gives ya the push?

She is for the same things that I am for: pro-gun, pro-life, conservative. She seems to have a high level of integrity and capability.

It's about time that someone (a woman) showed the men of this world that just because a woman is attractive doesn't mean that's the only gift that God gave her.

About 20+ years ago, I served a stint as my university's Director of Academic Computing. Back then we had a big mainframe computer (VAX) and one day a repairman was there. I entered the computer room and asked what was wrong with the VAX. The guy took one look at me and said, "It's broken." I didn't know whether to laugh or smack him. That kind of patronizing, condescending attitude is all too common. You've never experienced it? That's because you're not a woman trying to make it in a man's world.

Happily, right after he said that, the Director of the Computer Center (who is Barak's Dad laugh ), came in. He saw me and the repairman, and said to the repairman, "Oh, let me introduce you to Dr. XXX, our Director of Academic Computing." I thought the repairman was going to wet himself.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Give her time olywa, I'll bet by next week her oratory ability will knock the ball out of the park. She has some big shoes to fill and I'm sure she is a much better shot than Cheney.

Sassy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Her Christian faith will be made into an issue. You heard it here first.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's about time that someone (a woman) showed the men of this world that just because a woman is attractive doesn't mean that's the only gift that God gave her.

I'll volunteer as one of the gifts!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
So you're voting for her solely on the fact she's a woman? jorge

Not at all... As I just stated in a post I hadn't written yet when you posted yours... she's pro-gun, pro-life, and conservative. That will get my vote whether you're man, woman, white, pink, or polka dot...

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have to laugh at anyone thinking, if they're really thinking this, that Mrs. Palin can fill Cheney's shoes.....she's a female, but she's not Wonder Woman.

Ma'am, you really don't think Mrs. Palin is capable of Cheney like management?

All American

All the time
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Her Christian faith will become an issue. You heard it here first.

Steve

In what way?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
On the other side of the fence --Old Bill is wondering where was Sara when he had to pick a VP and Ted says he would have made it across that bridge with her. Web

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SH Fine were I can Get Those Sticker, After 30 years of Voting for who sucks less I can Vote for a team that is the best.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stan V
you really don't think Mrs. Palin is capable of Cheney like management?

Like managing to get us in a war that destroyed his boss's presidency?

Page 15 of 35 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,462
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.